Preface
7.4k 15 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Firstly, this is just Part One of the book, there will be 2 parts with a definite ending point to the story.

The idea for this novel has been with me for a several years. One Piece has been my favorite anime since I was a preteen. After my grandfather died several years ago I started thinking about his generation (he was born in 1935) and learned about  a lot more the so-called 'Silent Generation'.

Like most broad labels, the moniker 'Silent' isn't right for everyone born between1928-1945 but one thing that really struck me was how conservative that generation of people were. Not necessarily conservative in a political sense, but definitely very thrifty, hard working, and not wanting too much change. This is the generation who believed such things like "George Washington never told a lie" and in general were very patriotic. They lived in a strange time after WW2 and were much more trusting in the federal government than people today.

It wasn't long until I put these ideas together with how the Marines are in One Piece.

The Marines in One Piece are the bad guys... or at least they uphold the rules of the bad nobility... right?

Well as I thought about it more, like how would it even be possible to have a global organization in an Archipelago World, I discovered there was something really interesting.

Anyways, after years of telling myself short-stories as I cut the grass or idled around before bed, I decided to write them down.

So here the thing. I will finish this story. I will write 2 hours each day unless there is a real reason preventing me. I think I can write 1 chapter every 2 days.

Although I have been swirling this idea in my head for years, this is the first thing I've ever written, it may not be perfect but I will try to get close.

Thank you for reading, don't forget to click the heart button!

 

159