Chapter 247: One last strike
923 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well, while I have a power system to share and I am kinda in a hurry, It's still a pity that I couldn't fully showcase my power~'

'And here I was getting all excited.'

Shaking his head, Lorien looked deeply into Sukuna's scarlet eyes before finally stating out loud as if to declare the end of the battle while also somehow encouraging his opponent.

"Do you understand now?"

"It is here where I stand, the junction between Dreams and Reality."

"It is here where the laws of nature are overshadowed and cause and effect become chaotic."

"This is the difference between having the power to affect the natural laws of the universe and being unable to."

"No matter how much you try, no matter how much energy you have; If you don't reach it, then it's completely useless!"

"So, it's either you achieve it now, or you die trying!"

*Huff*

Finishing his speech, Lorien immediately fell silent as he waited patiently for Sukuna's inevitable demise or for some sort of miracle to appear.

*Swish*

*Puff*

*Swish*

*Puff*

*Swish*

*Puff*

However, as far as Lorien could tell, this seemed quite unlikely as just in the span of a few minutes Sukuna got backlashed tens of times reducing him to a 'minimum state of survival'.

'A few more strikes at most, he can't survive more than that.' Quickly analyzed Lorien, understanding that everything was basically over.

Right now, if it weren't for him still having to respect his opponent, he would have already turned away and got busy with something else.

'Tsk, It seems that my excitement was all for naught.'

'However, it's not like I didn't gain anything from this.'

'After all, once Sukuna dies, as the one who killed him I'll absorb/devour all his power.'

'Usually, this won't do me much, however, considering Sukuna's power level, this should give me a great boost in power.'

It's just that while Lorien was imagining the strength level he'd reach after absorbing the feedback from Sukuna's death, he didn't realize that while his opponent was at death's door, he had grown ever so close to reaching his goal.

'Come on! Come on! Come one!'

'It's finally there, the true core and essence of all things!'

'The clogs that keep this world turning like an intricate machine.'

'It's right in front of me!!'

'HAHAHAHAHA!!'

At this moment, if anyone were to stand inside Sukuna's inner world and manifest his experience into a fictive scene, they'd notice the long path full of bloody footsteps behind Sukuna and the large indestructible glass-like door in front of him.

However, as expressive as this scene was, what was even more so was the gradual destruction and collapse of the bloody path that Sukuna had just walked representing his approaching doom.

So, despite having reached the door leading to all the wonders of the world, Sukuna's actual situation was quite desperate.

'Damn it! Damn it!'

'I'm so close!'

Gritting his teeth, Sukuna sensed the impending doom approaching him from the back like the wolf from 'Puss in the Boots'.

So, realizing that he had no other choice, Sukuna finally decided to burn everything away, even his soul, just to reach that point and at least tear apart some flesh from his opponent.

'Bastard, even if I can't enjoy the results of my hard work, I won't let you enjoy yourself either!'

'So, die alongside me, bastard!'

You see, Sukuna was able to reach this breaking point thanks to many factors such as his state between 'life and death', Lorien's use of power which made the laws of the world more perceivable, Sukuna's own knowledge, and finally Lorien's indulgence which gave him time to even try and achieve it.

Moreover, there was also the most important factor which was Sukuna's switch to the Dream Path as the characteristics of this power system and its proximity and harmony with the laws of the world played a very important role in allowing Sukuna to walk this far on the bloody path.

If it weren't for all of this, then no matter how talented, old, and knowledgable Sukuna was, he wouldn't have been able to even take one step forward, not to mention this many.

However, despite all of this, it seems that there was one last 'push' missing, and this 'push' finally took the form of Sukuna burning what was left of his body and soul to reach it..

The moment this was decided, Lorien whose attention was quickly diminishing alongside Sukuna's state suddenly snapped his eyes open as he looked seriously at Sukuna.

There, Lorien could clearly hear the sound of something burning, the noise it made sounded like the crackles caused by wood burning on a fire camp.

However, as knowledgeable and insightful as Lorien is, he quickly realized that what was actually burning was Sukuna's soul and body.

'Another effect of his evolved ability?'

'Didn't expect that he would use it like this...'

*Crackle*

*Crackle*

*Bzzzzzzz*

It's just that despite this, what attracted Lorien's attention was actually the future that was forcefully shown to him as a warning by his chrono-eyes the moment Sukuna started 'burning' his soul as firewood.

'THIS IS??!!'

'HAHAAHAH!'

'He actually did it!!'

With his eyes taking a small glimpse at the future, Lorien who was looking somewhat bored immediately entered a combat-ready state as he got ready for the attack that was about to come his way.

And indeed, it is as Lorien had foreseen as moments after Lorien got ready, Sukuna who was continuously suffering backlashes suddenly growled like a beast, his killing intent reaching its peak.

"DIE!!!"

Following this howl that seemed to originate from the abyss, what was left of Sukuna's body suddenly collapsed into particles, unable to handle the accumulated damage.

However, with his disappearance, Sukuna left two surprises for Lorien, the first of which is the feedback that will allow Lorien to further improve his power, and the second is his last attack before disappearing.

It's just that different from all the other attacks that he had previously launched, this is a strike that had truly reached the Semi-Law level, moreover, it is one launched with its owner burning his soul so it's imaginable how powerful it is.

So, all things considered, if Lorien wants to enjoy the feedback he received from Sukuna, he better survive this attack first.

*Crack*

*SWISH*

--Note--

You can read the next chapter '248' for free on - P a t r e o n - Go check it out there!

---Author---

P a t r e o n . c o m /AuthorHoussem (Support me there and get to read up to 15 advanced chapters or more) - You can finish reading the 3rd volume now~

You can also find me now by simply typing: 'Houssem'

14