Chapter 249: Sever
121 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unable to predict the damage that'll be caused by his all-out attack, Lorien altered his sword drawing stance slightly changing his attack from a horizontal to a vertical slash to reduce the area of attack.

Doing so, Lorien then used his divine sense to meticulously chart a course in which his next attack could pass safely so that it doesn't affect bystanders, after all, with all the power he put into it, he really doesn't know how far his attack will fly.

With this in mind, Lorien quickly found a great angle of attack where there are no humans to be affected, moreover, this path leads straight to the desolate expanse of the North Pacific Ocean very far from any human activities.

Finishing all of this and making sure that he didn't overlook anything, Lorien's face suddenly turned serious as his body tensed up ready for the release.

'I've put all I have into it, This is truly my most powerful attack, a slash aided by the world itself, a slash beyond the limit.'

*Bzzz*

*Swish*

*Zinggg*

In an instant, under the world's expectant eyes, Lorien suddenly slashed forward with incredible speed.

However, weirdly enough, despite the great speed, Lorien's sword appeared to be unsheathing in slow motion under the influence of some unknown rules allowing everyone to observe it in all of its glory.

It's just that contrary to the unsheathing of the sword itself, the multicolored 'sword energy' created by this slash swiftly moved forward at an incredible speed not giving anyone time to react to it.

*Swish*

With a combination of powers such as space, time, cause and effect, alongside erasure, destruction, dream, and reality in a single attack, this slash was nothing but normal.

It's just that the degree of abnormality even exceeded the attacker's own expectations as following its release, Lorien immediately realized that this attack was unlike anything he used before.

This was truly — An unprecedented slash.

*Ziiiinggggg*

Abruptly appearing in the path of Sukuna's attack, Lorien's multicolored slash soon came into contact with its opposition.

*Pufff*

However, different from what many have expected, the were no explosions, stalemate, or anything of the sort as the moment the two attacks made contact, Sukuna's sacrificial slash was abruptly cut in half before disappearing while Lorien's attack continued moving forward unhindered.

Seeing this, a smile started manifesting itself on Lorien's face as he knew that he could finally finish his journey in this world.

It's just that before this smile could fully be drawn on his face, Lorien's facial expressions abruptly froze as he suddenly realized something wrong with his attack.

Right now, if anyone were to observe the fundamental laws of the world, they'd be either awestruck or completely frightened by the scene in front of them.

This is because as the slash continued on its way, the entire world seemed to come alive using everything it had to assist it.

This caused the slash to show no signs of getting weakened or reduced with time, instead, the more it moved forward, the stronger and larger it seemed to be.

'Damn it!'

'Why are the laws of the world actively empowering it?!'

Immediately recognizing the culprit as the world itself, Lorien's attention was then immediately attracted to the [World Authority] that he had previously ignored.

'So it's you!'

'Even though I haven't worn the crown yet and become a king, I can still be considered a prince!'

Quickly deducing the situation, Lorien immediately realized that the slash that had just been released was basically a brief picture of what he would be able to do when he truly reaches the Law Level.

After all, the level of assistance and boost given by the world at this moment is something that Lorien would be able to do only when he reaches the Law Level.

Realizing this, Lorien decided to just observe that attack so he could get a better understanding of this level.

Moreover, now that the attack had already gone beyond his perception range a.k.a the range his reality-warping power was effective, all Lorien could do now was just watch.

'Well, it's not like I can do anything about it anyway.'

*Zinnnngg*

It's just that the more Lorien watched the more frightened he became as after piercing through thousands of buildings and cutting all of them vertically in half while leaving behind a 'mirror-like' slit wherever it passed, the slash finally reached the seaside, directly impacting the water of the North Pacific Ocean.

And it is exactly at this moment that Lorien's true fright began as contrary to his expectations, the slash didn't start weakening after impacting the seawater, instead, it just continued forward not caring out bit about it.

Moreover, as the empowerment continued as time went on, the slash continued increasing in size quickly reaching more than a kilometer in length and a hundred meters in width.

So, as anyone could predict at this moment, things didn't go well for the sea life encountering this slash.

Furthermore, not to mention sea life, even the ocean itself wasn't sparred as a colossal chasm was born wherever the slash passed which disrupted the ocean's natural flow.

And to add insult to injury, because of the nature of the attack, the water wasn't able to move back to the valley to fill the missing spots.

At this very moment, if anyone were to look at the North Pacific Ocean from above, they'd probably think that someone took a large knife and decided to sever the entire ocean in two.

Furthermore, despite all that was being said and narrated, all of this was actually happening in a fraction of a second.

So, for all people other than Lorien, one moment there was one North Pacific Ocean, and the next, there were two.

'Hey, it's getting dangerously close the the American continent, if it reaches it, god knows how many will die.'

Seeing this and realizing how dangerous and out of control the situation became, even Lorien couldn't help but start feeling worried, however, he really couldn't do anything at this moment.

'It's very far from my range, so I can't do much to it.'

'Moreover, even if I wear the [World Authority] now, I don't know if it'll be instantaneous or not, however, even a fraction of a second is enough for the attack to reach its target so it's completely useless...'

Quickly denying his only options, Lorien couldn't but look at the slash in worry.

'Damn it, so it's all on the world now, it either stops empowering it, or the North American continent may truly become two continents.'

'Come one! Come on!'

'Stop the empowerment, do you want to self-destruct?!'

---Author---

P a t r e o n . c o m /AuthorHoussem (Support me there and get to read up to 15 advanced chapters or more) - You can finish reading the 3rd volume now~

You can also find me now by simply typing: 'Houssem'

10