Ming Yang’s POV-Xixi
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was aware of the existence of auntie Rou when father got hurt in a car accident and she came to the house to take care of him. She was gentle, kind, soft, and smiling. I have no rights to judge father’s personal life. Mum has passed away for ten years. It is good for father to move on and find someone nice to live with. Auntie is a perfect choice. Younger brothers have the same thought but father told us that he was not intended to get married once again, and auntie would continue to live separately with her daughter in another house. I understand father is afraid that we would be unhappy for having a stepmother.

BY the time auntie was seriously ill, father seemed to regret the decision. He became depressed when auntie passed away, and insisted to officially be Xixi’s guardian. It’s the last will of auntie, and father would never say no to that. So when father informed us that Xixi would live together with us, we agreed and did not say a word. As a well-established family, raising a girl would not be a big deal and we promised father that we would treat Xixi like she is our younger sister.

Finally, Xixi moved here. She sat quietly on the sofa with her suitcase beside. Her hair was long, black and beautiful. She bit lips and twisted her finger. Wearing a black shirt, her face looked pale and small, while the whole person was skinny and small. Such a pathetic kid. My footstep stunned her and she looked at me timidly.

I introduced myself to her and explained that father and the other three younger brothers were not home. She kept saying thank you to me. Honestly, I had no idea on how to talk to an orphan girl of 15 years old. Luckily, the dinner was ready, and I didn’t need to force myself to chat with her. She was quiet on table and seemed to like the sweet and sour pork with pineapple. That’s a dish for kids. She is only 15, definitely a kid in my eyes. Her table manner was quite nice. There was no noise from her mouth or spoon. Her good appetite and manner delighted me. To encourage her, I asked the butler Yang another bowl of rice and took it to her. She was too slim and need to eat more to grow up. Her eyes opened widely but did not refuse my rice.

Her bedroom was in the left wing. It’s temporary because the new bedroom was under construction to make it more suitable for her. The room was not big, and the furniture was old-fashioned. But she would not stay here for long.

“feel free to tell me if you need anything, ok?” I told Xixi and handed the key to her.

“I would, thank you.”

She seemed to be tired, so I left after reminding her to sleep early.

But when she came downstairs to have breakfast the next morning, I noticed that her eyes were swollen and they were panda eyes. She must have cried and could not sleep tight in a new place. But her dress looked nice, way better than the black one. It’s more suitable for her skin, because she was porcelain white.

“Good morning, Xixi. Come sit for breakfast. The noodle looks really good. ” Ming Lang greeted her.

“Good morning.” She said hello to all even though she was quite surprised to see the two who were not here last night turned up now.

“Good morning, Xixi” father smiled at her and asked the maid to take a bowl of tomato egg noodle to her.

“Thanks”

“Do you know me?” Ming Lang asked her.

“Hello, Brother Lang” she called him politely and looked at the other man next to Brother Lang said “Good morning, Brother Fei.”

“Great. The feeling of having a younger sister is not bad. I’m no longer the youngest one, HaHahahah.” Ming Lang was excited.

Father was happy to see Xixi got well along with those boys, so was I. Days ago, I was still worried how to educate a 15-year-old girl, since I had no experience on that. I could not scorn or beat her like I did to my younger brothers. But since she could make father happy, what I had done, doing, and have to do in the future would totally be worthy.

“Which school are you going to attend next term?” Lang asked.

“The first high school, Grade One. My academic performance is not good enough to go to the central high school.” She said indignantly.

“The first high school? It’s too far away.” Lang shouted.

“Go find your uncle Ma and switch Xixi to the central high school. It’s much better and convenient.” Father looked at me.

“OK, father.”

“thank you so much, uncle. I would study hard to catch up.” Xixi was quite sweet and adorable.

0