Chapter 9 – Monster Core
104 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I zoomed into the village, and saw a sight that made me momentarily forget I was watching a game.

The village was strewn with corpses of monsters. Humans, who were drenched in blue blood, continuously slaughtered the new monsters which were tearing their way out of the dimensional crack.

I gulped. The scene in front of me looked like it was straight out of a high budget, finely produced anime.

‘By god, this game is truly epic.’

I inhaled deeply and tried to calm myself down.

Since this game was based around the concept of ‘dungeons’, a monster core should be located right in the center of a monster, right? Atleast, if this game's world was anything like the dungeon webnovels I had read.

I zoomed into a monster corpse that was lying quite far away from the commotion, since I did not want my actions to be noticed by any of the warriors nor the monsters that were still alive.

I had chosen a corpse that was still relatively intact, with only its head cut off.

This way, if I didn’t end up finding a monster core, I would be able to surmise that monsters’ had their cores located in their heads, or that monster cores would disintegrate after monsters died.

I carefully swiped on the screen to etch through the monster flesh. I strangely did not feel disgusted by the excessive amounts of blood it was releasing, probably because the game’s visuals were in an anime like, cartoonish style?

Luckily, my guess was right. The game’s creators did base the game off of the standard dungeon webnovel rules.

I found a small glowing stone buried deep inside the monster.

I carefully lifted it out and shook it to get the blood off of it, which made it finally reveal its white lustre.

A sense of satisfaction filled my heart, as I imagined giving this to Adelle.

While I didn’t know exactly how I could help her using this core, I was extremely excited to see how she would react when she saw it.

I levitated the core above the ground, dragging it out of the village.

After around a minute passed, I had finally gotten out of the village.

I looked back, and decided that the warriors were much too occupied with the monsters to notice me. So, I quickly dragged the core high into the sky with multiple strokes, making sure my finger remained on the screen. I couldn’t afford dropping the core I had obtained.

Twenty minutes passed in silence as I carefully dragged the core. I couldn’t quickly flick through the map like before, since I had an item I was dragging along with me.

But, the scenery was absolutely gorgeous, and the serene sights of nature made me feel peaceful.

Author's Note:

All the images in this chapter were made using Dall E 2! It's amazing!!

3