Chapter 3: Meeting ….. (Edited)
515 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why does this place look familiar?" Namike asked himself.

While Namike may be a tiny dragon, the hill was one of the tallest in the mountain range, so he could view the forest and plains nearby. Well from Namike's point of view, he was on a tall mountain surrounded by other mountains.

After racking his brain, He remembered the lands looked similar to those near Goku's old house. He doesn't know the specific direction but he forgets about it as he notices that there is no great ape destruction around the area. This makes him think that he may be just hoping he was close by.

"I guess I might not be where Goku is as there are no marks from destruction nearby. System do you know where I am?"

[The host is currently in what the host considers a 'Starter forest' to train himself before he begins his journey in Dragon ball]

"Thanks for the info, System."

[No problem]

"Now to take a small step for dragons, a giant leap for dragon kind."

Namike slowly tried to stand up with wobbly feet. He discovers a lot of firsts that day. A few are falling face first, crying out in pain and crawling like a snake with legs (I know a lizard but imagine). After roughly 10 minutes, he got used to standing on his short four legs and half crawling/dragging himself over to the hill edge. He questions why he had such difficulty in learning to travel.

[Dragons are one of the unique species that use flying to travel due to their body shape. They only learn to walk if they decide to use a humanoid form or they are grown bigger than normal]

"Why didn't you tell me this before!" Namike internally screams as he wasted time.

[You didn't ask]

"..."

Namike has now decided to ask the smarter person what is the system before using his few brain cells in a dilemma.

"So how do I fly?" Namike begrudgingly asks the system.

[The Host can imagine the space in the surroundings lifting you. The more advanced method is using ki to propel yourself however the first method will benefit you in the future. It is also the easier way for the current you due to your perfect energy talent.]

Namike imagined being a jelly holding the space around him. He imagined the jelly becoming partially solid and going under his feet to lift him magneto-style. Although he levitated, the weight at his front is heavier than in the back. The result is falling face first once again. Namike, after getting up, decided to try to make himself weightless before lifting himself which allowed him to rapidly float.

Namike was unaware dragons are unable to fly when they are born as their mental age is only 1 or 2 at that stage. Once they grow, they can fly with constant guidance. Due to Namike's soul going inside a dragon's body, his mental prowess increased to be comparable to an adult dragon and will continue to grow to unreached heights. Although it will take a while for Namike to make use of this.

When Namike opened his eyes, He saw a breath-taking view of the entire mountain range. The view made him lose concentration which caused him to fall rapidly as he forgets how to fly in panic. He unexpectantly calms down and provides to imagine himself flying upwards which slows the momentum he gained and lands softly on the ground.

Namike remembers how Shenron was correct as he couldn't imagine the feeling of flying without experiencing it beforehand. Flying from him requires constant concentration which he hopes to practice until it becomes an instinct for him in the future. He gets more excited as he sees how much of a genius Goku was to just learn flying and be proficient when he started.

He didn't know that the ki method of flying was easier due to many beings using ki to fight in the first place. Honing their control of that energy allowed them to fly easily when taught the technique. Also, the system helped him calm down when he was panicking but didn't inform Namike as this was only a first-time safety feature.

Namike decided to go into a hovering mode to travel low to the ground when he suddenly feels a sensation of his hair standing on his neck although he has scales. He barrel-rolled like a pro to the left wh3n a black blur appeared at the spot he was at before with its beak stuck to the ground. Namike sweat drops but doesn't hesitate to try to attack the bird creature that tried to kill him. The Pterodactyl quickly escaped from Namike's attack and hovered higher than him. Namike quickly formulates a plan as he sees the Pterodactyl dive at him again. This time, he flew close to the ground similar to how he crawled and dug the hole deeper in the ground where the pterodactyl attacked before.

The Pterodactyl dived once again and aimed for Namike's neck to finish off the prey not realising that Namike moved last second to trap it in the hole. Namike successfully dodged which made the Pterodactyl's beak tunnel deep into the ground where he dug. Namike counterattacks but uses his tiny but deadly claws to cut the Pterodactyl's neck. The Pterodactyl struggled when it sensed its death but can only fall limp once its spine was cut marking this the first kill of many.

While Namike initially wanted to vomit, he steels himself as this is the way of life for beasts and humans. A System prompt brought Namike back to reality after killing the Pterodactyl.

[Do you want to get the method of dissection beginner tier?]

"I didn't know that the trade centre would trade carcasses for knowledge and skills." Namike was amazed as he thought that he would need to trade processed materials or equipment to sell for skills or knowledge.

[The trading centre allows all forms of objects except slavery to be traded for points. However, most objects do not amount to any dragon points unlike the perfectly killed Pterodactyl which is worth 10 points]

[The beginner packages have a 60% discount which means beginner skills worth individually 15 points cost 10 points. There are more skills but are currently locked due to the age of the Host. The only skills available are Dissection, Cooking and Processing.]

"I guess I will say yes to buying the beginner package of Dissection, Cooking and Processing.] Namike says unsure of his luck.

What Namike didn't know was that beginner skills are skills from a galactic civilisation. The skills are also complete with instinctual behaviours as a downside. Namike can resist the side-affects as his soul is much stronger than before making him only have gains.

The bird's body and blood vanished, leaving not even a trace of the murder of the Pterodactyl who was too unlucky in his choice of prey except a hole on the ground. Namike felt slight grief as he knew the Pterodactyl only tried to survive but let it go as he now needs to adapt to his new lifestyle.

As the information gets transferred into his head, He suddenly gained the instincts of some "Beginner" skills, which he felt decades ahead but couldn't tell that much due to his poor cooking skills before.

"System how much does a specimen to experiment dissection on cost?"

[They cost 40 dragon points for a good specimen while a poor/broken specimen costs 10 points]

"Wait a sec, I got scammed!" Namike yelled out in frustration. "The system just sold the perfect killed bird the same equivalent to a poor and broken specimen!"

[The system always trades fairly. The specimen is repairable for free and doesn't decay, unlike your bird corpse. Broken specimens are only specimens that are too high level to repair and were left in a used state.]

Although the System seems stingy, it was generous as normally animals don't even cost 1 dragon point but a Pterodactyl is somewhat rare due to its might and speed compared to normal people and the uniqueness it has in the dragon ball world.

Due to where Namike's egg landed (Which is on Dragon rock), there weren't many samples or ingredients to survive in the wilderness. He decided to venture down the hill onto the path he saw from above. Although there was a forest midway up the path, he decided it was better to find civilisation to get food. His dragon instinct also instructed in a friendly path up ahead compared to the beastly aura radiating from the jungle. Namike didn't think that the calm area in a storm shows the strength of the eye.

Following the path, A hut with a pointy blue roof was seen on the flat grassland at the end of the path. The inside has a bench with two plates containing fruits and vegetables like some vegetarian's heaven. Seeing the fruits, Namike's stomach turns into a ravenous beast and growls with all his might. Namike quickly quieted his stomach and looked around nervously to see if there was anyone who wanted to kill him. Once he saw the coast was clear, he dashed or rather flew towards the tray and started chomping at all the apples and pears.

He still felt the feeling of someone watching him but ignored it as it might have been some insect in the grass that is jealous of him eating all this food. Well, he should have listened to his instinct as before he could start eating the bananas, the system suddenly started beeping like a nuclear reactor meltdown. It was too late before he felt a grip like a vice on his neck restricting his movement.

"What magical creature are you little one?" said the elderly man as he handled the dragon easily with cold eyes.

Namike tried speaking but his neck was blocked by the hand. He could only make a mix of whimpers and growls. Namike tried flying out of the hand but was held down like a dog on a leash. His last option was spitting on the person's face which he decided to ultimately erase the thought. The person who was able to catch our blue dragon mc was the second-greatest master of martial arts, Grandpa Gohan.

Wow I didn't think I would finish this whole chapter within a week. So I wanted to ask you all separately, Do you think I may have added too much in this chapter? The word count already surpasses the prologue and it kind of contains more than meeting someone. Just wanted to ask if any of you wanted to shorten the chapter to one thing and then the whole journey toward the destination.

Hope you all stay well.

Did you enjoy?
  • Yes Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No (Improvements in comments) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trash Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 7 · This poll was closed on Jan 9, 2023 08:57 PM.
14