After Church
315 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simmons, Grif and Ash run up the ramp on Red Base. They look to Donut who's standing next to the Blue Flag.

"What happened?" Donut asks.

Grif is taking deep breaths. "BIG....TANK....SHOOT....WHOOO!"

"Damn, man." Simmons says to Grif. "We only ran, like, 300 feet. You are REALLY out of shape."

"I can run all day." Ash says. "You really suck, Grif."

Grif looks at both of them. "FUCK...YOU....BOTH."

Donut looks between the three. "Where's your car?"

"General Patton here had a great strategy to leave it behind." Simmons says.

"Hey, it would've worked if that tank hadn't shown up." Grif says.

"You lost the jeep?" Donut asks. "Oh, man, Lopez is gonna be pissed. Where is it?"

An explosion goes off and the jeep lands on Red Base.

"There it is." Ash points out.

"What the hell?" Grif asks as he stares at the jeep.

The tank is in the background and it opens fires and the shell its the base.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Grif yells.

Donut grabs the flag. "Oh, Crap! What the hell is that thing?"

"That's the tank!"

"Hey, uh... Grif, uh, you wanna hold the flag for a little bit?"

"No! Get that away from me!"

The tank fires again and it hits the base.

"Can I get one?" Ash asks.

Grif turns to him. "NO!"

The tank fires again and everyone takes cover on the ramps.

"I hate to be the one to point this out, guys." Donut starts and he looks to the others. "But I think we're screwed."

Another shell hits the base.

"Yeah, I have to agree with the rookie on this one." Simmons says to the other two.

Suddenly their radios turn on and Sarge's voice comes over the radio. "Blood Gulch Outpost Number One. Come in Blood Gulch Outpost, come in. Do you read me? This is Sergeant-"

Grif interrupts Sarge. "Oh my God, Sarge! Is that you?"

"Roger that, Private. I am currently inbound to your position from Command."

A tank shell flies overhead.

"Sir, this is Simmons!" Simmons says into the radio.

"Hello, Simmons. I hope everything has gone alright while I've been gone."

"Actually, sir, things are kind of hectic right now." Grif says.

"And it's not my fault this time." Ash says over the radio.

Grif continues. "The new rookie arrived, and somehow he managed to infiltrate the Blue Base." Another shell hits the base. "And now we have their flag, the warthog is damaged, one of their guys is dead, and there's this huge fucking tank about to destroy out base."

It's silent on the radio and Simmons, Grif and Ash look to each other.

"Am I talking to the right base?" Sarge asks.

"Sarge, we are going to die here."

"Well then, hold tight, boys. I think I've got a solution to your little tank problem."

A pelican flies over head and drops booms at the tank. The explosions hit the tank and it flips over.

Ash watches the pelican fly away. "Can I-?"

"No." Simmons and Grif say to Ash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-27-2022

11