The Joy of Toggling
234 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grif and Doc are standing outside of Red base, Talking.

"So he was shot in the head." Doc says.

"Right." Grif confirms.

"And you gave him CPR for a bullet wound in the head?"

"Exactly."

Simmons, Donut and Sarge are in front of the Warthog in the background.

"Yeah, I think that's perfectly acceptable treatment."

Black smoke flows out from inside the base.

"That's what I said."

"Oh yeah, people often overlook alternative methods of care. Like that Blue guy that was shot in the foot during battle? All I did was rub his neck with some aloe vera. He was fine."

"Yeah, I don't know about all that. I'm just glad that Sarge is wrong."

An explosion goes off inside the base.

"What was that?!" Doc yells.

Grif sighs. "Just Ash, being Ash."

Ash, with his armor covered in black soot, walks out of the base. "That didn't go as planned." Ash looks around. "I think I'm blacking out." Ash falls to the ground.

Doc turns to Grif. "Shouldn't we help him?"

"Nah, don't worry about him. He's fine." Grif says and Ash groans in pain.

"Grif!" Sarge yells. "You're supposed to be watching the prisoner. Not playing lookie-loo with him all day long!"

"Come on, Sarge. He doesn't even have a gun."

Simmons speaks up. "Oh, well, you two will be great friends, then. He doesn't have a gun and you didn't bring any ammo!"

"Hey, thanks, kissass. If I wanna take guarding tips from the guy that lost our last prisoner, I'll be sure to ask you.

Donut turns to Grif. "Oh man, that is a burn. Dude, you just got burned. Burned, dude, burned."

Simmons looks at Donut. "Oh, shut up. Your armor's pink."

"Uh, hey, guys?" Doc speaks up. "I- I just want everybody to know that Grif and I aren't, uh, technically friends." Grif turns to Doc. "Uh, we're just talking. That's it." Doc turns to Grif. "Sorry, man, but it's pretty obvious that you're really unpopular, and if I'm gonna make any progress around here at all I can't really be directly associated with you." Grif just stares at him. "I'm sure you understand." Grif keeps staring. "It's only because no one likes you."Grif is Still Staring.  "Stop staring at me."

Ash is still passed out in the background.

"Are there any ideas on what to do with the prisoner?" Sarge asks Donut and Simmons.

"Well, we have to get him away from Grif, because..." Simmons starts. "Yeah, you know, it's kinda cruel and unusual to have to talk to him."

Donut speaks up. "How 'bout we, uh, let him... trade armor with, uh, one of us? That would show him."

Suddenly the Warthog lights turn on and an automated voice speaks. "Warthog online. Homing beacon activated."

"Sarge, ... d-did the car just talk?" Donut asks.

"Uh, oh." Sarge says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-27-2022

8