Too Young To Play Hero
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maverick looked over at Kai and Alicia. "Alright." He looked over at Finn, Lucifer and Kronx. "We should get going—" I stopped them from leaving by speaking up. "No, we won't be splitting up. We can't leave the school at this time. We still have to find my sister, and turn on the backup generators… if there are any." I sighed.

Finn looked at me. "Since you saved us we will help you. I'm tired of running through the dark anyways." He smiled, I reached my hand out and Finn did as well, we shook hands; I looked at Aryton, Rose, Brick and Bandy.

"Are you guys ready? We're going to start up the backup generators… somehow. That will give us a bigger chance to find Aya and other survivors." I clenched my knife. "Coincidentally, I know where that is." Maverick snickered.

"Hey, Aryton. I think I found your kind." Brick pointed out. "Oh shut it." Aryton punched Brick in the shoulder. "Lead the way, Maverick." I handed him my knife. "Oh, thanks." Maverick looked at the knife and began walking down the stairs.

Kora stared at Mr. Waterworth, her eyes widened as she turned around and ran. "RUN!" Kora yelled. Mr. Peterson picked up Aya and ran, knowing Aya isn't fast, this is their last option.

Mr. Wentworth growled and dug his feet into the ground, causing the tiles of the floor to break. "Zombie!" Kora yelled as a zombie rushed towards Mr. Peterson and Aya.

Mr. Wentworth dashed and sprinted towards them, causing the school to vibrate due to the thumping. Kora looked behind her. He was fast, very fast. Kora gasped and ran towards the zombie, she grabbed the zombie by the arm as tight as she could, tilted back so that she could get a better grip.

She spun around, slightly throwing the zombie towards Mr. Wentworth. It didn't budge him one bit, he used his arm to swipe the zombie off his path, it collided against the locker.

Kora groaned in frustration. "I am so done with today." She muttered as she turned around. "I WILL HOLD IT OFF FOR AS LONG AS I CAN!" Kora turned to look at Mr. Peterson and Aya as he stopped running. "You're coming with us." He frowned. "No, I am not." Kora smiled.

"You—" Kora cut him off. "You have a promise to keep, don't you?" She looked back at Mr. Waterworth. "Now go. It'll be a matter of seconds till I end up like that zombie over there." Kora chuckled.

Mr. Peterson closed his eyes and ran, gripping onto Aya tightly. Kora was right, he had a promise to keep; and that was making sure Aya survived. He felt useless during this whole situation, everyone has saved him; but he hasn't saved anyone. How could he save Bruce? His students, Kora?

A tear rolled down his cheek. "Kora, Bruce… I'm so sorry…" Aya teared up as well, they were losing everyone they knew, she was also frightened by that big zombie that they saw seconds prior to Kora sacrificing herself for us.

Kora was too young to play the hero, but Mr. Peterson let it happen. Now she is gone, fighting that thing or she is already gone.

"It isn't your fault." Aya mumbled. Mr. Peterson turned left and panted, backing up into the wall. He was sweating. "It is." He sighed. "No it isn't." Aya looked back into the hallway, they didn't hear the zombies thumping.

"Everyone's been sacrificing their lives so that we live another hour or so." He chuckled in embarrassment. "Yet I haven't done jack shit." Ava patted Mr. Peterson. "You saved me in the cafeteria." Aya smiled.

Soon we heard the thumping again. "Shit." He grunted, then the thumping stopped. "Is it gone?" Aya got out of Mr. Peterson's grip peeked around the corner, it was too dark to see.

Aya looked back. "I don't see it any—" they were cut off by a zombie, they got thrown right through the wall. Aya almost screamed in terror as Mr. Waterworth grabbed another zombie by the leg and threw it into the lockers, denting the ones the zombie got thrown into.

Mr. Peterson quickly grabbed Aya and covered her mouth, he opened a locker and put Aya carefully in it. Her eyes widened. "What are y—" he slammed the locker door. "Saving you." He cocked his pistol and aimed it at the monster, could we even consider it to be a zombie if it was killing its own?

Tears streamed down Aya's eyes, she could only see through the little openings. The lights flickered on, the power was back?! She saw Mr. Peterson aiming the gun at the monster.

Maverick led us to the basement. "Finn and I used to troll the school by turning off the power here." He chuckled. "You promised not to include me!" Finn hissed. "Yeah, I did. But it's the end of the world."

I looked around. "Okay, give me a few minutes. It's dark as shit in here." Maverick said, I handed him my flashlight. "Just get the power going." I looked back at Aryton.

Within a couple minutes Maverick chuckled. "And now we roll." He pushed the lever up, the lights flickered on. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy." Maverick looked at us as the power was back.

"Now we can see these fuckers." Aryton snickered. "Now let's begin the fight." Brick turned around and went upstairs, we followed him. The basement was close to the lobby, where the main office was. Our eyes widened. Within a few minutes there were zero zombies at the front doors, now they are fully covering the windows, banging on it aggressively. "We need to run…" I stared at a police officer's body. "Maybe he has a gun."

I went over to the body and began searching it, I groaned since I couldn't find the gun he used. I stood up and looked at the others. "Now we can— " the front doors quickly broke, our eyes widened as the other set of doors were quickly cracking.

"Run." Finn began to run as soon as the glass doors broke, the zombies rushed in and turned their heads towards us. "Fuck." Rose screamed as the zombies ran towards us. Kronx laughed a bit, I mean it makes sense since he was a hyena demi, he laughs when he is nervous.

Bandy looked behind, seeing a zombie scale on the lockers, leaping towards us. "The fuck!" Bandy screamed as he swung the meat tenderizer, causing the zombie to crash into the herd of zombies.

It was noticeable that they didn't run out of energy, while we did. We were all panting, our throats were burning. "We're close to the gym!" Finn yelled as they turned the corner and rushed into the gym. "Use the benches to block the door!" I yelled. Aryton shoved a bench in front of the door. "We need better weapons for this…" Brick sighed.

"If this was the right gym, there might be something I have in mind." Kronx said as he walked towards the equipment room. He opened the door and went inside, flicking the light on.

"Perfect." Kronx smiled. "There are bows in here." Finn entered, he handed us bows and arrows, they were used for sporting events, but today. They are being used to kill zombies, which arc did we skip?

There was other equipment in the room that seemed useful for us. We got all of the things ready as the zombies reached the gym doors and banged on it.

I flipped a bench over and so did others. Aryton aimed his bow, an arrow in lock. "Is everyone ready?" I asked. "Fuck yes." Kai grinned.

Aryton's heart beated, faster than ever. His vision began to blur. I looked at Aryton, noticing he was swaying from left to right. "Hey.. Aryton?" He released the arrow. "Shit." Aryton collapsed to the ground. The arrow went straight towards the window, breaking it and killing a zombie in the process.

I caught Aryton. "What's happening to him!" Bandy kept his bow in lock, I rested my hand on his forehead, my eyes widened. I looked at everyone. "He's…"

I looked back at Aryton, the zombies paused. The banging didn't occur anymore, and that was weird.

"He's turning." I looked over at the entrance of the gym, Rose's eyes widened. "Why did they pause?" Kai stood up, Lucifer hissed at Kai. "Don't." Kai didn't listen, he went towards the doors and tried to peek out. One of the zombies grabbed his head and jammed him neck first into the broken glass, blood gushed out as he struggled to get away. He shoved himself off and stumbled to the ground, Lucifer ran towards Kai. "KAI!" She screamed.

The zombie reached towards the gym doorknob and opened it. The bench slid against the floor as the door opened. Lucifer looked at Kai, who was crawling towards us.

Lucifer ran back into position, aiming her bow. The zombie kicked Kai over and kneeled down, biting into his neck, it lifted its head up and stared at us, smiling. Blood covered it's mouth and teeth. Our eyes widened.

0