Besides The Dying Fire
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose held Aryton. "Shit." She muttered. "We need to find Aya…" I said, Brick looked at me. "You and Aryton are both hurt, well… Aryton won't make it. But you will…" Rose looked at Brick. "What if he is immune…?" She tilted her head.

"He isn't. He is showing symptoms of turning." Brick looked around. Aryton chuckled. "I'm not going to survive this." He smiled. "We need to find Aya, and then we say our goodbyes to Aryton…" I sighed, Brick nodded and helped me over to the gym entrance. Maverick kept his bow to his side as he pulled the arrows of the biters skulls. He grabbed a backpack from a dead student and put the arrows in, he left the bag open so that he could grab another arrow. "This looks weird, I know." Maverick looked over at Lucifer and chuckled, Lucifer laughed a bit. "No, we gotta improvise somehow." Lucifer went over to me and Brick, gripping her baseball bat. "We need to get you to the nurse's office first." She rested a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her. "Okay, lead the way." Brick walked and I followed, each step caused pain but it was better than getting eaten by biters.

Rose and Finn were busy helping Aryton over to us. "He is getting fragile. His bones are like glass." Finn spoke. "That means we don't have much time." Kronx said as he ran forwards, aiming his bow. "There's no biters here." Kronx said.

Aryton winced. "Remember that promise, Cody. Keep it…" he smiled, I looked over at Aryton and frowned. "Yeah, I will." Rose looked at me and then at Aryton. "What promise?" She asked.

"To kill me before I turn." Aryton looked at Rose, her eyes widened. I was going to kill Aryton and there was nothing we could do about it. "Aryton…" that was the only thing Rose could muster up, she was speechless.

Mira looked at Aya, and began sniffing the air. He instantaneously pointed over in the hallway. "What is it?" Mr. Peterson asked, Kora shrugged. "Beats me, maybe Cody survived." Kora looked at Mira and he nodded. "He did?!" Aya smiled.

"Let's make it there first before any other zombies do." Mr. Peterson ran, and Kora followed them. Mira followed slowly since he was a biter and he was scared of biting someone.

I heard footsteps. "Wait." I paused, Maverick aimed his bow, ready to fire.

My eyes widened, seeing Mr. Peterson, Aya and Kora alive. "AYA!" I yelled, Aya instantly hopped off and ran over, hugging me tightly. Tears streamed down her face. "I thought I lost you." Aya mumbled, Lucifer smiled.

Aya looked down and noticed my wound. "What happened to you?" I looked at my leg. "I kind of got stabbed by a biter." I laughed. "So we have names for them?" Aya asked.

Bandy and Alicia just stood there. "You did nothing during the fight as well?" Bandy asked, watching the reunion. "Yeah, I kind of got scared and hid in the gym's changing room." She chuckled. "I only killed two of them, one fast one and one uh… mutant? Is that how you say it?" Bandy chuckled.

Alicia looked at Bandy. "You're a demi, right?" Alicia asked. "Yup, I'm a dog demi and proud!" He smiled. "So you don't mind if I just?" Alicia went on her tippy toes and patted Bandy. "I-" he just looked at Alicia. "Why did you?"

Alicia stopped. "Well because you're a dog demi!" She smiled. "I thought dogs liked receiving pats."

Bandy just laughed. "That's kind of not how it works. "I'm not sure how I work, all I know is that I have a massive increase in smell and taste, and that I am fast… sometimes." He said, leaning against the lockers.

"Oh… uh… right, sorry." Alicia looked away. I patted Aya. "I'm okay though. We are heading to the nurse's office, so that Lucifer can take care of my wound." I chuckled, Lucifer nodded. "Oh, right. There's someone I want you two to see." Aya looked at me and them at Rose. "You can come out now!" Aya yelled.

Mira stepped out, limping over to us. Maverick aimed his bow at Mira. "What are you guys doing with a zed?!" Maverick yelled. "He isn't really a zombie, well he is but he is different! He saved Kora, me and Mr. Peterson from that huge zombie!" Aya yelled. Mira slightly waved at Maverick, he was nervous that he was going to get killed by then.

My eyes widened. "Mira… what happened to you…?" I limped away from Brick and towards Mira. Aya went over. "Hayden killed him…" Aya sighed, my eyes widened. "That fucker." Kronx's eyes widened. "My brother wouldn't kill anyone!"

Mira nodded and pointed at Aryton. "Yeah, he is turning." I looked at Mira and he nodded and pointed at him again and then formed a gun with his hand. Aryton looked over at Mira. "What are you saying?" Aryton tilted his head.

Aya didn't want to answer, but since Mira couldn't talk she had to spill the beans. "Mira is telling you that Hayden also killed your dad… Mira put him out of his misery though." Aya sighed, Aryton's eyes widened, which soon changed to an emotionless expression. "Oh… at least he won't suffer anymore."

Rose stared at Mira. "How is this possible?" Mira shrugged. "He doesn't know how and why he has memories and such." Aya said. "All we know is that he can do what he used to do, except for talking."

We made our way to the nurse's office, it was right next to the main office so we weren't far in terms of walking. Bandy opened the door and flicked the lights on, the stench hit him, he stared at two dead bodies, they were the nurses that took care of us when we got injured; they didn't want to live in a world like this, I'm guessing. I picked up the gun and wiped the blood that was on it.

Lucifer pointed at the chair. "Sit." She demanded, I nodded and sat down on the stool. Mira kept watch outside so that he could divert any biters that came our way.

Finn yawned. "Today has been a roller coaster of emotions." He sighed, looking at Brick. "You can say that again." Brick looked outside, looking at Mira. "How is this possible? We've seen two of them so far, Mira and that… guy." Finn shrugged. "I'm thinking that we should name each variant differently."

Mr. Peterson hugged Rose. "I'm so glad you kids are safe, I'm sorry about Scowl though…" he looked at Bandy, Bandy looked at Mr. Peterson. "Thanks…"

Alicia looked at Mira. "Sup." Mira looked at her. "Uh… nevermind." She sat down on the chair.

Lucifer grabbed bandages and a med kit, she opened it. "First we're going to disinfect the wound. Do you need a hand to hold?" Lucifer joked. "I mean, it's better than screaming and alerting biters." I laughed. "Hey Finn, do you still have that vodka?" She asked.

Finn laid his backpack down and took out a steel water bottle. "Here." He tossed it over to Lucifer, who caught it. Rose rested Aryton down on the ground. "Stay here, I'm going to help Cody." She said, Aryton winced. "I'm not going anywhere."

Rose went over to me and reached her hand over, I looked at her hand. "Oh… right." I grabbed her hand. "You can squeeze as hard as you can. It'll hurt like a bitch." Lucifer opened the water bottle.

Lucifer laid the water bottle on the desk and lifted up his legging, she then untied the ripped part of her shirt and threw it onto the ground. Lucifer examined the wound. "Hmmm, it'll need stitches. Indefinitely." Lucifer grabbed the vodka and she looked at me. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as ever." I chuckled and she poured the vodka down gently onto the wound, I winced in pain, squeezing onto Rose's hand. Rose just watched.

Hayden walked down the hallway, he was recently outside; he gripped a gas canister and went upstairs. Luckily the biters weren't seen for now, he had to kill everyone that was inside.

Hayden rested the gas canister on the ground and opened the black lid, he began to pour it everywhere, a biter limped towards him, it was one of the buried. He threw the gas canister on the ground and grabbed the box of matches, he swiped a match against the box, the match lit on fire and he stared at the gasoline. "Fuck this school." He muttered and dropped the match, he backed up as the trail of gasoline began to light on fire, the biter that was heading towards him got lit on fire as well.

Hayden snickered and walked away. "Now it's time to find Cody and Rose."

0