CHAPTER 71: DARK CHRONOS TRUE IDENTITY
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kairi was impressed with the arrival of the angels and their powers. He felt relieved that they were finally here. He watched two of the angels with sparkling blue and pink wings come near and land in front of him.

 

"Where is that girl?" 

 

Andreit, who was one of the angels, asked while looking at them one by one.

 

"A girl?" Kairi was confused.

 

Another angel pats Andreit's shoulder while sighing. 

 

"Andreit, you need to explain more. They don't know who you are looking for!" 

 

The angel was a female. She then looked at Kairi and the others.

 

"Sorry, leader of the Bright Star. I am Lisione and this is Andreit. Who Andreit is looking for is the Tucana Star user. Is she here?" Lisione asked.

 

Everyone who doesn’t know that Dark Reammut was Tucana feels odd. They knew Tucana was one of the Deorc Star users but don't know who.

 

"Tucana is resting at our treatment camp right now. Why are you two looking for her?" Agi asked politely.

 

"Oh... Because we want to express our gratitude to her for changing the future back to the present. What she did has changed not only the world but our entire destiny as well."

 

While Lisione explains, Agi, Dark Hartina and Rafiz also told them about Dark Reammut’s actions in saving their life. As usual, they were shocked to hear it.

 

"Huh, do you remember what happened to you all?" Kairi asked the angels.

 

They seem to know about the awful future that Dark Reammut has experienced.

 

"Yes. Since we're not human, the power of time doesn't change any of our memories but we feel very grateful for Tucana's help. With this, maybe things that have already happened won't happen again. Are you all ready to bring him down?" Lisione turns her head to Revioryx.

 

Her expression shows she was serious and angry. 

 

"Absolutely! We've been wanting to wipe him off our home for a very long time." Kairi narrows his eyes at Revioryx.

 

"Then we will begin our preparations now. Please make sure he doesn't escape, leader of the Bright Star."

 

"Please call me, Kairi. It's much shorter."

 

Lisione chuckled. "All right, Kairi." 

 

She and Andreit left them and flew above Revioryx.

Kairi turns his head at all the Bright Star users there.

 

"Listen, everyone! This is our last chance to bring down Revioryx! We can't waste Tucana's sacrifice since she has given us a second chance to change our future! Let's defeat him this time!"

 

"Yes, Your Majesty!!!" 

 

Everyone then goes all out attacking Revioryx. Kairi flew into the air along with Ziphoteninx and Kironinx. Simultaneously, they use their powers to stop the movement of Revioryx and attack him.

 

Andreit and Lisione as well as other angels began forming a field to open the hole to Hell's realm while popping a large sword around Revioryx, trapping it under the net. They didn't want to chain him anymore like the future they saw but stabbed him with swords while pushing him into the hole that was now open.

 

Revioryx realises he will lose and might stay in Hell forever this time. So, he immediately calls someone he knows that can help him and might not betray him.

 

"Listen, oh God of Darkness and Calamity! Arise from your deep slumber and pay back your debt to me! Now, come to me! Chronos!" He chanted and summoned someone inside his mind.

 

Dark Chronos, who had finished sending some soldiers to Dorothia, suddenly felt his surroundings turn dark and his mind become muddled. He felt something deep in his mind begin to awaken. The thing opens his dark void eyes that have no white pupils and swiftly controls Dark Chronos' body.

 

"Dark Chronos? Why are you still standing there? Let's go. There are no soldiers here anymore." Dark Lusophia came near him.

 

She was shocked when Dark Chronos' body emitted an aura of darkness that caused her body to stiffen in place. Her body shuddered in fear, making her sweat all over. In her entire life, she had never felt the power of darkness so strongly. Even Revioryx never gives such vibes to her. 

 

When she looked at Dark Chronos' face, her eyes widened in horror. Dark Chronos' eyes have no pupils. Only black and if looking at it longer, she felt she might lose in the abyss of the eyes. So, she quickly turns away.

 

Dark Chronos looked at her without any expression. Slowly behind him, a pair of black feather wings with a pattern of cracks in burning red and gold unfolded. He then pointed one hand at her. 

 

"I hate humans..." 

 

His voice startled Dark Lusophia. 

 

"This person is not Dark Chronos!" 

 

She was alarmed because the usual Dark Chronos would always have a light voice and never sounded so cold like the person in front of her. Suddenly, a dark portal appears and wants to envelop her inside. It came so fast that Dark Lusophia was unable to dodge. 

 

She could only watch the portal get near her and what she saw beyond the portal made her very terrified. Something like skeletons beasts with long sharp teeth and a pair of husks walks in four or six limbs. She can hear many roars and screeching sounds coming from them. 

 

They were scattered inside the portal and some who noticed her had been staring at her. Their mouths were dripping with drool. It was like they saw her as something tasty and delicious to fill their own belly and couldn't wait to get to her. Their tails swing excitedly.

 

No!!!

 

Dark Lusophia screamed inside her mind. She could imagine how she would die in their mouths. And she didn't want to die yet! Not like this!

 

"Dark Lusophia!" 

 

Dark Sethan arrives on time and hugs her while moving them aside. He saved her from being taken inside the portal. Then, he looked at Dark Chronos in anger and disbelief.

 

"What the hell are you doing, Dark Chronos?!" He roared.

 

"Wait, Dark Sethan! I, I think he is not Dark Chronos anymore. Look at his eyes and wings! He's not human!" Dark Lusophia told him while trembling in fear.

 

"Shit!" 

 

Dark Sethan already noticed it and he believed she was right. He also saw the inside of the abyss portal that startled his entire being. He was glad that he made it in time to save her.

 

But how can Dark Chronos suddenly become someone else?! 

 

"Humans, die!" 

 

Dark Chronos again released the same portal and aimed at them. This time, the portals surrounded both of them. Dark Sethan growled. He summoned his emblem's weapon which was in the form of a kite shield. The edge had sharp blades and it was spinning around slowly.

 

"Cut them all!" 

 

He ordered and the kite shield instantly shone in dark glows. It then released a continuous purple laser beam toward the portal while circling both of them. Dark Sethan was glad his weapon was able to cut the portal in half before it disappeared. 

 

Then, he hugs Dark Lusophia and carries her in princess style before escaping the area. He felt Dark Chronos' power was beyond their own. He can't, no, they can't win against him.

 

Also, this was the first time Dark Sethan felt threatened by such a dark power. He thinks they might lose their life if they still continue to fight him. It's better they retreat first and regroup with the other Deorc Star users. So, he used his teleportation device to escape Dark Chronos' next attack.

 

"Tsk! It seems they used some kind of thing to make them disappear. Hm… Revioryx needs me right now." Dark Chronos mumbled to himself before disappearing from the place too.

 

He appeared again above Revioryx and everyone who wanted Revioryx to return to the Hell realm.

 

"Huh, who's that?!" 

 

Andreit realised another presence that was so creepy and gave him a bad feeling. Not just him, every angel thought the same. They all snapped their heads at Dark Chronos.

 

"Hey, that is… That is Chronos, God of Darkness and Calamity!" An angel exclaimed in shock.

 

"What?!"

 

"Didn't he die more than thousands of years ago?!"

 

"Why is he still alive?!" 

 

Some angels start to glare at Dark Chronos. 

 

"There is no mistake. He is Chronos." Lisione frowned.

 

She and others could have never thought the God of Darkness and Calamity was here in the mortal world.

 

Kairi, who also saw and recognized Dark Chronos, was shocked to hear what these angels said.

 

"Tsk! Tsk! Why did you let them arrest you, Revioryx?" Dark Chronos mocked while using telepathy at Revioryx.

 

"Release me now! Pay me back the favour for freeing you from your captivity!" Revioryx ordered him.

 

Dark Chronos narrowed his eyes at him before letting out a slight sigh. In the blink of an eye, every angel was hit by something like dark purple balls. When the balls hit them, it turns into glowing purple binds circling their bodies and stops them from using their powers.

 

It happened in a blink of their eyes and they couldn't dodge it in time. Moreover, their power has depleted and exhausted to half after using to open the hole and prevent Revioryx from escaping. These weaknesses make them slow in dodging.

 

Their circumstances allowed Dark Chronos to destroy the net on Revioryx and allow the latter to climb back out from the hole. Dark Chronos then closed the hole to Hell like it was something easy to do. His actions shock Kairi and the others with him.

 

They all saw how hard the angels opened the hole but it was a piece of cake for him to close it?!

 

"Grr! Chronos, he was a threat to all beings a few thousand years ago. He's a fallen angel!" Ziphoteninx growled. 

 

He knew Dark Chronos because he had read the history of Heaven and Hell. He just felt unbelievable that Dark Chronos from the Deorc Star user would be Choros that should have died.

 

"Really?! Wait, what a fallen angel?" Kairi was confused. 

 

It was a new term for him. He, Ziphoteninx and Kironinx have landed beside their friends after seeing Revioryx escape the hole. Kairi wanted to ensure his stellar family members were safe from being attacked.

 

"Fallen angels mean they were once like us but have broken the law of the universe. All angels have their own duty. And if they lose their reason to do their duty, they will be punished, cast away or eliminated by the law of the universe, returning them to the source." Kironinx explains.

 

"Source?" Rafiz and others felt their understanding of their world was so small.

 

"The source is the power that keeps us in order and living. You just need to know only this. As for the rest, it's better you don't know since it may make you become crazy." Ziphoteninx stops their further questions.

 

These sorts of things were better not to know more. They all nodded their heads in understanding.

 

Kairi stares at Dark Chronos once more. "What makes him turn his back to his duty and the source? Did something happen to him? He looked… Weary of the world…"

 

Revioryx, who got near Dark Chronos, turns back to human again and looks straight at Kairi.

 

"I want his power. Get him for me." He once again orders Dark Chronos.

 

Kairi and his friends were startled. Immediately, all of them went to attack Revioryx and Dark Chronos. However, they were not as strong as Dark Chronos who joined with Revioryx. A moment later, all of them lay on the ground with heavy injuries. 

 

Revioryx let out a hearty laugh before approaching Kairi and hugging his body. Kairi, who still has a little energy, struggles against Revioryx and tries to unleash his power on him. Revioryx snatched his neck and choked him, making him suffocate. His struggling slowly stops and it gives Revioryx a chance to bite his neck.

 

Kairi's eyes widened because he felt his entire body in tremendous pain. It was like his veins wriggling in his body were moving to his neck. He couldn't help but scream aloud in agony. He had never experienced such a thing before in his entire life.

 

Listening to his screams, his friends tried to get up while the angels also tried hard to escape their bindings. They must help him before it ends like the future they saw!

 

"Hey, did you notice something?" Dark Howlan asked Dark Gomy and Dark Spincer who were with him now in Dorothia Palace.

 

They have returned there after teleporting their soldiers.

 

"What?"

 

"Our emblems... It's cracking." Dark Howlan pointed at his chest and theirs.

 

Dark Gomy and Dark Spincer immediately looked at their emblems and were shocked. Not only them but others who were from the 32 Bright Stars users also have the same cracks on their power emblems.

 

Dark Reammut woke up from her faint after feeling something bad had happened. The sound of a crack on her emblem caused her to get up from her treatment bed. Then, she immediately uses her power to stop the time. The crack had told her that Kairi was in danger again!

 

Why is this happening again?! Will history repeat itself?!

 

She blames herself for not watching over and protecting Kairi. So, she hurriedly flew away with her three pairs of wings. When she arrived at Kairi's place, she couldn't believe seeing the situation there and Kairi was bitten by Revioryx again. 

 

She flashed beside Revioryx and pulled Revioryx's mouth away from Kairi's neck while releasing Kairi. She notices that Dark Chronos was there but ignores him. Kairi's safety came first. 

 

So, she took him to the back of the Bright Star group. She saw how bad their injuries were but didn't have enough power to take them all away to safety. Her limited power was finally exhausted and time moved on again. Everyone there was astonished by her presence.

 

"Dark Reammut! You again?!" 

 

Revioryx snarled angrily because she thwarted his plan to absorb all of Kairi's power again. Dark Reammut glared at him while she glanced toward Kairi who was gulping for air. His body let out a lot of sweat showing how much he suffered when his power was absorbed by Revioryx.

 

Kairi's condition makes her reminisce about the future where she came from. She felt Kairi's life was in danger but couldn't bring him to the treatment camp. Moreover, if she leaves she doesn't know what'll happen to everyone here. They might get killed again by Revioryx and she doesn't want to see that happen.

 

Dark Chronos stared at Dark Reammut for a long time. He saw what she had done when she released Kairi from Revioryx but he was too lazy to stop it. So, he just froze himself while looking at her strangely. He was also confused because she felt so familiar to him. 

 

Moreover, his heart was throbbing. He didn't feel pain from it but something wanted him to approach her and care for her. Such a feeling was odd. For many thousands of years he has been living, such emotion never once appears for him. 

 

Truthfully, he wasn't born with feelings. And it's a wonder if anyone would like him, especially when your face was stoic and unfeeling all the time… But now, it was the first time he felt it. He felt an urge to want to know her.

 

Who is she? He asked silently.

 

A moment later, he stood beside the furious Revioryx.

 

"I want her." He told Revioryx.

 

Revioryx choked up and turned his head to look at him strangely. Then, he was shocked by the desire shown in Dark Chronos' eyes. He glanced at Dark Reammut and back to Dark Chronos again. His eyes twitched before he felt it was okay to let Dark Chronos take away the brat that he hates right now.

 

"Take her then. She's always brought trouble to me since she was a child. Teach her to be more obedient."

 

Dark Chronos who got the green light flash beside Dark Reammut. The latter and Kairi were stunned because of his sudden approach. Before they were ready to do anything, Dark Reammut was hugged by Dark Chronos into his arms. He disappears again before appearing beside Revioryx.

 

"Release me!" Dark Reammut snarled and struggled against him violently.

 

She wanted to use her power but was shocked when she noticed her emblem was no longer on her chest. She saw it in Dark Chronos' hand that had been shown to her deliberately.

 

"You need this to use your power." He told her. 

 

She growled and went to snatch it, making Dark Chronos grin. In a blink of her and everyone's eyes, Dark Chronos opened his lips and went to bite her right shoulder.

 

Dark Reammut gritted her teeth tightly. She was holding the moan from her lips that wanted to come out. The bite didn't make her feel pain at all but gave her something else that made her body flush pink.

 

"Wha, What he's trying to do to me?!" Dark Reammut closed her eyes tightly and was frightened by her body reaction to Dark Chronos.

 

Unbeknownst to her, the place where Dark Chronos bite appears a mark of his power. It was black with a pattern of gate and harp combined. Dark Chronos looks at it in satisfaction after letting her shoulder go.

 

Revioryx beside him rolled his eyes. He knew what Dark Chronos was doing to her. The latter has put a slave mark on her so she would become his puppet to do his bidding without being unable to resist. Moreover, this was the first time Revioryx saw this fallen Angel of Darkness and Calamity was interested in someone. He wondered what she has that attracts this fallen angel.

 

Kairi, who was holding his bitten neck, couldn't do anything to help her. He was still conscious enough to watch what transpired and wanted to move his body to help her. However, he felt his body was so heavy that it wouldn't listen to him at all. When he saw Dark Reammut being hugged by Dark Chronos, his heart had beat wildly because he was afraid for her safety.

 

"Tu, Tucana..." He called in grief.

 

"Huh? She fainted." 

 

Dark Chronos felt Dark Reammut's body weaken in his embrace and hear her soft breathing. It seems this was her limit to be conscious.

 

"Hm… Who exactly is she to me? Don't I hate humans?" He also wonders why he wants Dark Reammut. 

 

He absolutely has no memory as Dark Chronos before but still has a feeling that he wants her by his side.

 

"Dark Chronos, get me out of here. I need time to heal my body." Revioryx finally said.

 

"... You don't want to absorb more power from him?" Dark Chronos pointed at Kairi.

 

"Heh! No need. He's going to die soon and I already have enough power to make this world mine." Revioryx laughs.

 

When he bit Kairi just now, he had put a curse on him. Now, he just needs to wait for Kairi's life to end by itself. Dark Chronos nodded, then teleported both of them along with Dark Reammut to somewhere unknown.

 

Everyone there was too stunned to do anything. Because of their injuries, they could only watch as both of them took Dark Reammut away. Her disappearance makes them lose their will to move and some sob because they thought she might be tortured by Revioryx or Dark Chronos.

 

"God... Tucana... I'm so… Sorry..." 

 

Kairi slowly closed his eyes after he felt his sight turn darker. The last sound he heard was the voice of Andreit and other angels to him and his friends.

0