CHAPTER 72: STILL WEAK
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aries ..." Perseus called her.

 

She and others have recovered fully with the help of the angels who heal them. Now, they have returned to Antonia Palace below the surface because Kairi made the city go down before. However, all of them were feeling moody because they couldn't help Dark Reammut. Two days have passed since then.

 

Aries turns to Perseus. She gave her a small smile while Perseus got closer. They were in the palace garden right now.

 

"You shouldn't be here, Perseus. Sir Leo would be mad and anxious if you are walking around without a guard. You need to remember you are no longer one person but two!" Aries stares at her playfully.

 

Her eyes then went to Perseus' stomach. "I'm glad nothing happened or I don't know what me and others would do especially, your husband. He would have gone to search for our enemies without a stop and get his revenge. And who would have thought you are pregnant! If it was not for Miss Lisione, no one would know it!"

 

Perseus chuckled while caressing her stomach. "Yes, it was all thanks to her for checking and healing me quickly. As for my husband, I guess he would done that and I am unable to stop him then. But right now, I'm fine. Being pregnant doesn't mean I can't help you at all. I can still use my power. By the way, how are you? Are you alright?" 

 

Perseus asked, examining Aries' body with her eyes.

 

"I'm fully healed. So, don't worry, okay?"

 

"Alright. We should be grateful that the angels are kind enough to help us but... Our leader still hasn't woken up. It makes me worried about his condition."

 

Since the war, Kairi has been in a state of sleep. Even after his body was healed by Andreit, he still hasn't awakened.

 

Aries looked sad. "I'm worried too. Agi and the angels told me there is something wrong with his body. His power is disappearing rapidly. It makes me scared because if his power is gone, doesn't that mean his life would be in danger?" She started to shed tears.

 

Perseus slowly hugged Aries to her and rubbed her back. 

 

"Don't worry, Aries. I'm sure everything will be okay. We have to maintain calm right now and think positively. Anything that happens later we'll think about it later." She softly told her.

 

Aries could only nod her head because if she spoke again she definitely would cry. She had been crying all day after learning everyone's circumstances, the deaths of their soldiers that they lost about thirty thousand and even the loss of their family member, Dark Reammut. 

 

While Perseus was comforting her, somewhere in a darkened room, Dark Chronos was standing in front of a bed. On the bed was the unconscious Dark Reammut. Dark Chronos touched her cheek and caressed it gently. He was startled by his actions and immediately kept his distance away.

 

"What am I doing here again? This! What is happening to me?!"

 

He was very confused by his feelings. Ever since Dark Reammut was brought to his home in another world called Nefreim, he was engrossed in approaching her. When he realised his action, he would walk away as quickly as possible or stay away from her like now.

 

"Urgh... I should kill her." His eyes turn dangerous.

 

He appeared on top of Dark Reammut with his hand clasped around her neck but he was startled when he saw her face more closely. She has long eyelashes, no freckles, a sharp nose and very alluring lips. She doesn't wear any makeup or any lipstick but it makes him want to feel her lips on his. 

 

Not to mention, he can feel her soft skin that was opposite to his hard one. Then, he realised what he was thinking. He felt his heart beating fast and could feel his face burning up. He instantly disappeared from the room.

 

"Shit! What is wrong with me?! How can I think like that about the weak human?!" 

 

He had appeared in a hall that had one dark throne chair made of unknown beast skeletons. He was standing in the middle of the hall. He groan before he sat on it. Closing his eyes, he forced himself to sleep.

 

However, his mind recalled his old memories and the bad events reminding him of what he went through before he was rescued by Revioryx. He knows Revioryx's purpose in saving him was so that he can use him as a lackey. Since he was born until now, he had never felt he was free from his misery. 

 

Maybe that's why he can't make friends, huh? 

 

Because of the past, he opened his eyes again and stood up. He returned to the room where Dark Reammut was. That was his everyday routine since she was here with him. He doesn't need to eat or drink because he was one of the angels even if he was labelled as a fallen angel now. 

 

Just like other angels, he can't die that easily. Unless their heart, which can be removed from their body and hidden away, was pierced. They would die permanently if that happened.

 

Even so, he doesn't care about the past anymore. Seeing her again, he asked himself. Does he really want to be alone? A melancholy emotion slightly appeared in his eyes before it disappeared.

 

Slowly, he lay down next to her while staring at her until he felt his eyes shut close again. This time, no unpleasant memories disturbed his sleep. He didn't understand why being near her has a calming effect on him. 

 

Was this because he has been alone for a long time? He doesn't know the answer.

 

"Urgh..." 

 

Kairi groaned when his body felt like he had been hit by a horse. He woke up uncomfortably and saw Rafiz who was reading a newspaper next to him. He has woken up before.

 

"It's great that you're awake, Kairi. How are you feeling today?" Rafiz asked with a gentle smile.

 

Kairi would open his eyes frequently but fell asleep again soon after because his energy hadn't fully recovered. Everyone was worried about him but they were glad to hear from Ziphoteninx that Kairi just needed to rest for now. Still, everyone knows that his life was still in danger and hopes he recovers soon.

 

Today was Rafiz's duty to take care of Kairi. He would have done it every day but with everything going on, he needs to maintain his physical and mental health by training a lot more with other Bright Star users. 

 

They were still weak!

 

"Urgh, my body still feels numb. Has anyone located Tucana yet?" Kairi looked anxious.

 

"Unfortunately, no. We haven't found where they took her."

 

"God, it's been two weeks! I hope nothing happens to her." Kairi prays for her safety.

 

"We can only hope so, Kairi. The rest depends on their mercy."

 

Kairi frowned. "You don't seem to care about all of this. Why?"

 

"Because this is not the time to be depressed. We have been worrying about you. And we had to strengthen our hearts so we can take on Revioryx next time. For your information, we are distressed when you lose your power and also see Tucana get kidnapped. If we want to rescue her, we must get stronger than before."

 

Kairi feels bad for accusing him of not caring about Dark Reammut. 

 

"I'm sorry… For worrying you all."

 

He also realised his power was gone. That's why he can't read what Rafiz was thinking or feeling.

 

Rafiz sighs. "It's fine. Now that you are awake and seem much more energetic, I'm going to call Agi over. So, stay here and don't move, understand?"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be here like a good boy." Kairi waves his weak hand at him.

 

"Good." Rafiz nodded before leaving.

 

Once he saw Rafiz close the door to his sleeping chamber and felt his presence had gone away, Kairi groaned in frustration. He hit the bed with his weak hand before placing one of them on his eyes.

 

"Shit! I still can't defeat him!" He was angry with himself.

 

"Don't blame yourself, Kairi," Ziphoteninx said in his mind.

 

"Ziphoteninx, are you okay?! I saw your body… Was cut in pieces by Revioryx." Kairi grimaced when he remembered it.

 

It happens after they fight Dark Chronos who appear and release Revioryx. But, everyone ended up in bad shape. Kairi was only glad that no one from his stellar family died at that time.

 

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I am a being that cannot die that easily. I just need a little more time to recover." Ziphoteninx comforts him before appearing by his bedside. 

 

All this time, he was healing inside the bracelet's mark. Kairi had put him there after he saw his bad condition. He doesn't want Revioryx to take away Ziphoteninx's body and so had moved all the body pieces inside his mark. As for Kironinx, he was only injured in his eyes and hind legs. Now, he was resting inside Rafiz's mark.

 

Kairi looked at him and moved his hand to rub Ziphoteninx's ear and head. Ziphoteninx let him touch because he knew Kairi needed a little comfort from his soft fur. Kairi sighed after feeling his turmoil feelings subside.

 

"My power... It's now gone… How can we defeat Revioryx next time? Can I recover my power again?"

 

Ziphoteninx was silent for a moment before he nodded. "It will take a long time to regain your power but don't lose hope. As long as all the Bright Star users are alive, their spirits will slowly help you recover your power."

 

"I see... Ziphoteninx, I won't give up! After all, it would be a waste after going through your and Draco's hellish training. We will save Tucana once my power returns!" Kairi's expression turned serious.

 

"Heh! I already know you're going to say that. So, what are you waiting for?! Get up and do an exercise to get your blood flowing to all your veins! If you keep lying down, your body will always be numb!"

 

"Urgh... I hate you, Ziphoteninx." Kairi laughed and got up and sat down slowly.

 

"No, you actually love me." Ziphoteninx grin.

 

"In your dream." 

 

Kairi chuckled before he moved his arms, shoulders and neck first. Despite feeling a little pain, after a few minutes, his body felt more comfortable. Then, he changed his body position to lay down on his side and raised his legs up, down and to his chest. His body may be a little weak as he stands up but the light exercise he does manages to make his blood system get rid of the numbness all over his body.

 

Ziphoteninx brought up a bottle of cold water and gave it to him. Kairi drank half of it and the rest he poured on his body. He was relieved by the freshness of the water. Soon, they heard several people walking toward their room.

 

Ziphoteninx instantly made the droplets on Kairi and the water stain on the floor disappear. He doesn't want anyone to slip and fall accidentally. Rafiz appeared again with Virgo, Aries, Agi, and Dark Hartina.

 

They all surround Kairi and were relieved to see him look much better. Kairi sat back on the bed while smiling at them. But he was startled when Rafiz gave him a deep glare. He had warned Kairi not to move but the latter still did it. Kairi grinned at him sheepishly and shrugged.

 

"Sorry to worry you all..." He apologised.

 

"It's alright. How are you feeling?" 

 

Aries went closer to him and stared all over him to make sure he was alright.

 

Kairi turned to her and nodded his head. "Honestly, I'm hungry right now. Very famished."

 

"Oh, then I'll go to the kitchen and bring your food right away." 

 

Actually, she could have asked their palace maids to do it but she selfishly wanted to bring him the food with her own hands. She felt much closer to Kairi if she did that. When she wanted to leave, Kairi grabbed one of her hands. His touch startled her and she turned her head to him again. Her expression was asking him what was wrong.

 

"I can still hold on. I just need to talk with you and everyone for a moment."

 

The truth was he actually wanted Aries to stay. With Aries' attitude to him, he was sure she had cried many times since the war ended. He recalled Aries also cried during his missing for three years before. 

 

How could he let her shed so many tears for him? And he feels so bad to let her bring food for him. 

 

His eyes went to Rafiz, giving him a raise of an eyebrow. Rafiz who understood what he wanted rolled his eyes and left. Everyone except Kairi looked at him in confusion. It wasn't long before Rafiz returned with a bowl of medical soup and put it beside Kairi's bed where a small desk was.

 

Aries looked disappointed. It seems she was no longer useful to Kairi. Her friends, who understand her, glare angrily at Kairi for making her sad.

 

He could have let her do what she wanted!

 

Kairi who also finally knows the reason for his friends' glare choked up on his saliva. He coughed up and Aries was anxious to hear it. She hurriedly got near him and patted his back.

 

"Drink the soup, Kairi. It will make you feel a little better." She urges him.

 

Kairi nodded and went to pick the bowl but his hands were shaken. Aries who saw it immediately brought the bowl to him instead. She holds it while he drinks it slowly. 

 

Unbeknownst to her, everyone there has their eyes twitched in annoyance. They absolutely know he was acting deliberately to make Aries help him out. But, they let it be since they saw Aries cheer up again.

 

"Cough... Looks like you can move a bit. Is there anywhere else that feels uncomfortable, Kairi?" Agi asked.

 

"Only numb and slight pain from the muscles. I'll be alright soon if I keep doing my light exercise."

 

"Okay, that's good. Please don't do anything heavy that overexerts your muscles. You are still in recovery period." Agi warns him. 

 

Kairi nodded his head. He won't do something that would make his body more tired.

 

Suddenly, Dark Kurumi came into the room from the balcony. His arrival startled Kairi and his friends. Moreover, Dark Kurumi's expression was grave and made them have a bad feeling. 

 

"I have bad news. Luguom City has been destroyed by Revioryx!" He announces.

 

"What?!"

0