CHAPTER 78: BETRAYAL
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pegasus, who had disappeared and was not in the Bright Star meeting after the war, was now in an inn. The inn was located in the Helicans Kingdom, south of Dorothia Kingdom.

 

"Hm? You haven't gone to bed yet?" A man asked from behind him.

 

Pegasus shook his head as he looked out the window.

 

"You can't sleep too, Grus?"

 

Grus was one of the 32 stellar users and he was connected with Tucana since they were from the southern bird constellation. His body was bigger than 2 meters and all muscled. His face was average but there was a little tenderness that could be seen on it. His short hair and eyes were dark grey colours. There was a fresh scar on his left cheek.

 

"Yes... Because the current situation is dangerous if we don't pay attention..." The man sighed. 

 

"After all, Revioryx is out there and is looking for another Deorc Star to kill..." He looked frustrated and a little angry.

 

Grief can also be seen in his expression.

 

"Heh! Yet, you have now become a formal Deorc Star member. How'd you feel about it?" Pegasus smirked.

 

The man smiled. "I would like to forget my old name but it is impossible. The name Dark Gomy has been with me since my mother chose me as her heir and it will always remind me of her."

 

Dark Gomy was his old name before he became Grus.

 

"But, I could have never imagined we were one of the Bright Star users. Although it's hard to believe the story of Revioryx and our true ancestors, the appearance of my true spirit beast had saved my life. I thought I was gonna die from Revioryx's attack. It was thanks to him that I am living now."

 

Pegasus nodded. "I know it's hard to believe. Even Ophiuchus and Monoceros didn't believe it either. They both still don't trust my stories. So, whatever."

 

Dark Gomy chuckled. "True... But if it weren't for you, we might have died a long time ago in Revioryx's hand. Thank you again for saving us by the way."

 

"You're welcome." 

 

Suddenly, on his left shoulder, a small winged white horse appears and flies to Dark Gomy's white emblem on his right shoulder.

 

"Grus, Grus, let's play! Let's play!" Told the winged horse.

 

Dark Gomy was stunned to hear it before a little bird appeared from his emblem.

 

"Let's go!" The little bird replied.

 

"Pegasus, we're going to play!" The winged horse informed Pegasus.

 

"Go but don't leave this village area," Pegasus told them.

 

These two were Pegasus and Grus spirit beast. They can turn bigger but right now they want to save their power. So, they made their bodies smaller.

 

"Okay!"

 

Grus also asks Dark Gomy's permission. Dark Gomy's face turned restless but he let his spirit beast go play. The two got out of the window and went somewhere nearby.

 

"They'll be fine, right?" Dark Gomy asked Pegasus.

 

"Don't worry. Our spirit beasts are stronger than us despite their childish temperament." Pegasus replied before getting up from the couch he was sitting on. 

 

He yawned. "I'll go to bed first. For now, I don't sense any danger around this village."

 

Dark Gomy nodded and walked into his room as well. Pegasus lay on the bed in his room before remembering what had happened when he found Dark Gomy and two other Deorc Star users.

 

At that time, he was doing the task that Dark Kurumi told him to do, which was to follow Revioryx. His following caused him to see a clash between Revioryx and three Deorc Star users, Dark Gomy, Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia.

 

"Argh!" 

 

Dark Gomy was thrown into a two hundred metre high waterfall by Revioryx's laser beam. With the state of his immobile body because of heavy injuries, he couldn't move or use his power to save himself.

 

"Dark Gomy!" 

 

Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia shouted before they avoided Revioryx's next attack. They jumped in different directions and were unable to go near the waterfall or save Dark Gomy.

 

Unbeknownst to them, Pegasus moves around their battle before jumping into the waterfall. He swam and hugged Dark Gomy's drowned and unconscious body before slowly bringing them out of the water. He took him to a hidden bush and performed CPR when he didn't feel Dark Gomy's breath.

 

A moment later, Dark Gomy coughed the water he had accidentally swallowed. His body was turned to his left side by Pegasus to make it easier for him to vomit all the water. Then, he looked at Pegasus with heavy panting.

 

"You... Pe, Pegasus...?" He was surprised and confused.

 

"Please wait here. I need to save the other two." Pegasus told him before he left.

 

Dark Gomy, who was a little weak, closed his eyes again. It was at this point that he heard a call from Grus telling him to hold on. As for Pegasus, he saw Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia were still resisting Revioryx's attack. He tries to find a way to distract the latter from them.

 

"They won't last long if I don't do something." He thought in silence.

 

A few minutes later, both Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia were lying on the ground. They have severe injuries and their body won't listen to them to get up and escape. They could only feel Revioryx was gathering his power to kill them.

 

"Haha! Die! Die!" Revioryx laughed loudly in excitement before he released a huge black ball at them.

 

The ball exploded and did not leave anything alive in the area where the two bodies were. He was satisfied when he no longer felt Dark Gomy, Dark Lusophia and Dark Sethan's presence. Then, he flew away in one direction.

 

"Are you two alright?" 

 

Pegasus deactivated the invisible shield he made from using a device. It was given by Dark Kurumi to him. Actually, the device was silently stolen from Dark Kage by the latter. 

 

Pegasus was surprised to find out the shield was so strong. Unfortunately, it can only be used once. The device crumbled in his hand and he let it fall to the ground.

 

He wondered where Dark Kurumi got it and didn't know Dark Kage who made it. Only Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia knew it after they saw the crumbled device.

 

"Isn't that Dark Kage's old device that won't even work?! When did he complete it and give it to this guy? Did he collaborate with the Bright Star hiddenly? Wait, it seems impossible…" Dark Lusophia was confused.

 

"Can you guys move?" Pegasus asked them.

 

Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia slowly move their bodies. They still have that look where they feel disbelief that Pegasus had saved them. When they manage to stand they finally stare at him.

 

"Why are you here? It's a bit far from Syarantonia to Helican." Dark Sethan asked while holding his bleeding stomach.

 

He looked at Pegasus intensely.

 

"I'm actually following Revioryx or you can say, Dark Revier, your king."

 

"He's no longer our king! He has betrayed us all!" Dark Lusophia interjected angrily.

 

Her anger caused her to cough up blood from her lips. Like Dark Gomy and Dark Sethan, she also suffered external and internal injuries.

 

"I know..." Pegasus replied slowly.

 

"Why do you want to follow after him? Don't you care about your life?" Dark Lusophia asked after calming down.

 

"Heh! I'm not going to fight him. Just following because Draco told me so."

 

"Draco…? Huh? You don't have any Draco users?" Dark Sethan frowned.

 

He hasn't heard any Bright Star users called Draco and only knew the latter was dead 500 years ago.

 

"Right, you all didn't know his true name yet. Dark Kurumi is actually Draco. I think you also noticed that Dark Hartina is Hydra and Dark Lordany is Lynx from their emblems."

 

"What?! How come they become your people all of sudden?! What did you do to them?!" Dark Sethan growled angrily.

 

He couldn't summon his weapon to attack Pegasus due to his exhaustion of power.

 

"Calm down, Dark Sethan. I think there's a lot he wants to tell us and I feel I don't like to know about it..." Dark Lusophia stops him.

 

"Yeah, there's a lot of stories I'm going to tell you all later. But first, let's go to Dark Gomy. I've saved him and now, he's down there." Point Pegasus towards the waterfall.

 

Dark Lusophia and Dark Sethan looked at each other. They have no choice but to follow Pegasus to Dark Gomy's hidden place. However, they still felt relieved to know Dark Gomy was alive. 

 

When they arrive near Dark Gomy, they were startled to see his body emit a glow of light. When the light disappeared, his emblem chain had changed colour to white.

 

"Huh? Oh, you're safe. That's good..." 

 

Dark Gomy, who opened his eyes again, was relieved to see Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia were saved. He turned to Pegasus with a grateful look. Then, he stood up with a body that was a little energetic.

 

"Da, Dark Gomy, your chain! Your chain turns white!" Dark Lusophia exclaimed in shock.

 

Dark Gomy turned to look at his emblem and smiled.

 

"Yeah. It seems I am one of the formal Bright Star users. My real spirit beast, Grus, told me just now." Dark Gomy explained before a small bird appeared on top of his head.

 

"Yo, I am Grus!" 

 

The small bird introduced itself and it looked very happy after it was released from the trap inside the dark emblem. Dark Gomy touched his back and caressed its feather gently with his one finger. 

 

He was glad that fighting with his emblem monster wasn't that hard. And he doesn't want to remember or explain how he managed to free his true Stellar Spirit beast to them. 

 

"It's better that no one knows about it." He thought silently with a little blush on his dark cheeks.

 

"Seriously?! Shit! This is not real! Pegasus, you better explain to us now!" 

 

Dark Sethan wished these were all dreams but the pain all over his body told him it wasn't a dream at all.

 

Pegasus rolled his eyes at him and explained to them in detail. He didn't allow them to interrupt him before he finished telling his story.

 

"I can't believe this... You're lying!" Dark Lusophia shakes her head after she listens to all of it.

 

"He's not lying though. You both are actually one of us. You, beautiful lady, are the Ophiuchus user and you, the grouchy old man is the Monoceros user." Grus told them while pointing out which stellar users they were.

 

Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia gawked at the spirit beast. 

 

"Grouchy old man?! I am not old or grouchy!" Dark Sethan growled at it.

 

He really wanted to burn this spirit beast and eat it. Grus, who knows his plan, pulls out its tongue at him and irritates him more. If it was not because his body was in tremendous pain, he would have chased and killed this spirit beast. Presently, he could only glare at it.

 

Dark Lusophia coughed with a smile. She couldn't help feeling it was funny. Even Dark Gomy and Pegasus stifled their laughter.

 

"Cough… Guys, I think we need to believe what Pegasus has told us. If you still don't, then listen to this. Grus, help me play the wind record that you showed me earlier." Dark Gomy requested from Grus.

 

"Okay!"

 

Grus immediately released a few whirlwinds around them which startled Pegasus, Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia. Then, they heard a familiar voice talking. The voice they recognise belongs to Revioryx and the details of his talk stun them. And adding Revioryx's voice was a whimpering and a grievance sound, showing how awful the situations at that time were.

 

Pegasus, Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia's eyes widened. No expression could tell what they were thinking. They flinched when they heard a slash to a flesh sound accompanied by loud whimpers that sound like they were calling someone's name in grief and sadness. The voice and wind disappeared after that. 

 

Everyone except Dark Gomy and Grus was silent and stood frozen. This was also the first time for Pegasus to truly understand how Kairi and Dark Hartina felt when they were seeing the past of their ancestors. He couldn't believe it was so dreadful and miserable. His eyes turn grim and anger slowly manifests in his eyes.

 

"Dark Sethan, Dark Lusophia, the proof has been shown to you and I won't force you to believe it. But, I want to ask you. Why did Revioryx suddenly attack you and want to kill you? Why must he do this when he could still have your trust?" He asked them seriously.

 

A realisation finally came upon Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia from his questions.

 

"Shit!" Dark Sethan brushed his hair back with one hand before he scrambled them in anger.

 

As for Dark Lusophia, some tears form in her eyes. She brushed it away before it fell.

 

"We… We were lied to by him for many centuries…" Dark Gomy started before he swallowed some gathering saliva in his mouth.

 

They all look at him.

 

"We can't go back. Our home… Our real home is not where he built anymore." Tears slowly stream out from his eyes to his cheeks. 

 

Dark Lusophia couldn't hold back her tears after seeing him cry silently and let her tears fall freely. Dark Gomy was right. If the truth was real, then Dorothia was no longer a place they could call home. It was more like a grave. A grave for their past Bright Star ancestors who were murdered by Revioryx.

 

"Damn it! So, what do you suggest we do now?" Dark Sethan asked them. 

 

"I am not going to Antonia where the Bright Star users are. I hate them and they hate us too!"

 

Pegasus didn't deny it. 

 

"Then, let's find a safe place to stay first? We surely need some medicine for our injuries." Dark Gomy told them.

 

"Well, come with me then. There's a village not far from here. I just hope Revioryx ignores and doesn't destroy them yet." Pegasus walked away in one direction.

 

Dark Gomy, Dark Sethan and Dark Lusophia have no complaints anymore. They desperately needed a place to rest and treat their injuries. And that was the reason they were staying in the village now.

0