CHAPTER 96: DARK SPINCER (1)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your Majesty, we shouldn’t let anyone go to the Eridan Kingdom anymore. Revioryx seems to have used the whole island as his fortress now. The danger is at an unknown level and the remaining survivors… They might have died in Revioryx and Dark Chronos’ underlings' hands.” Auriga made his report to Kairi.

 

They were now with almost everyone from 32 Bright Star users including Angelote, Dark Undria, Ledeigh and Dark Markia. Ziphoteninx and Kironinx were hidden in both Kairi and Rafiz's marks. As for the angels, they have returned to Heaven Realm to prepare for their big battle once more while Rafael, Jaaq and Lyana have made temporary stays in Econia until Revioryx was defeated. 

 

Rafael even opened up another restaurant since he said it was boring without someone eating his delicacies. The staff were hired from anyone who wanted to work. Of course, with a strict interview by Rafael himself.

 

Currently, they were having another meeting to discuss their plans. After hearing Auriga's report, Kairi nodded his head.

 

“We can no longer waste more time. We need to find our last three members. Has anyone found traces of Dark Spincer and Dark Howlan?” He asked everyone.

 

“I detect them somewhere in the Enix Kingdom. But, they were moving too fast from region to region like they were chased by something.” Dark Gomy stood up and explained.

 

He knew it because the wind power told him. He can sense everyone through it.

 

'Which direction they were going? My group will go meet them.” Dark Hartina said after getting his group members' agreement through their silent telepathy.

 

His group members were Rafiz, Kironinx, Eridanus, and Cetus. Eridanus agrees because he wants to fight with Dark Spincer who destroyed his hometown, Afli, which was also Rafiz's old hometown. As for Cetus, he just follows whatever.

 

“Wait…” Dark Gomy let his ears listen to the wind's voices. 

 

They were telling him the location of the two.

 

“They almost arrived in Tyu City.”

 

“Alright, please allow us to leave, Your Majesty.” Rafiz stood up.

 

Kairi nodded and also stood up. “I’m coming along.”

 

Everyone looked at him with surprise.

 

“Your Majesty, please don’t leave. We have been worried sick when you just go to Eridan without noticing us all. What if something happens to you again?” Agi complains.

 

“I am sorry to make you all worry but I must meet Dark Spincer. There’s something special about him and I doubt you guys can make him agree to come here.” Kairi explained.

 

“Why wouldn’t he? He was like other people in Dorothia who were deceived by Revioryx.” Rafiz was confused.

 

“Unfortunately, the reason will be known after I meet him.”

 

“Your Majesty…” Some looked at him with pleading eyes.

 

They wished he would stay put! But that seems impossible…

 

Leo turns his head to Dark Hartina and his group members. “Since Your Majesty has made his decision, Rafiz, Hydra, Eridanus, and Cetus, please protect Your Majesty and bring him back if the situation is dangerous.”

 

“Yes, sir!” They answered him.

 

“Alright, we will leave this evening.” Kairi dismissed them and took one of Aries’ hands.

 

He teleports both of them to their room. Aries faced him.

 

“Is Dark Spincer really in trouble?” She asked. 

 

She had seen all of Kairi's memories and his thoughts were open to her without any obstacles. She too did the same for him. These actions were to show how much they trust and love each other.

 

Kairi knows Aries was worried again. He smiled and kissed her lips.

 

“Dark Spincer needs me. He has no one else as strong as Revioryx.”

 

Aries nodded. “Please save him.”

 

“Leave it to me.”

 

Kairi kissed her again and then brought her to their sleeping chamber. He wasted no time pleasing her every day until she was satisfied. But, he was careful with her when he realised something about her. And, he hasn't told her or anyone about it either.

 

When the evening arrived, he and Dark Hartina’s group members left Antonia with Kironinx teleportation. Ziphoteninx was requested by Kairi to stay and protect Aries. Ziphoteninx agreed immediately when he too realised the changes in Aries.

 

Kairi and others appear outside of Tyu City. They stopped when they felt the power of darkness that was in the city.

 

"Revioryx?" Rafiz's expression got serious.

 

"No... Looks like both of them are here," Kironinx replied.

 

Eridanus' eyes slightly shine with known intentions. Although he remembered Kairi's order not to kill anyone from Deorc Star users, he still wanted to fight Dark Spincer.

 

"Eridanus! Cetus?! Hey, wait, you two!" Dark Hartina was shocked when Eridanus ran into the city first. 

 

And Cetus followed up while looking so excited.

 

"Urgh! This is so troublesome." He complained.

 

"Don't worry, they know my orders." Kairi chuckled.

 

"It's not funny, Kairi. If we let Eridanus and Cetus fight them, they might get beat up instead. Dark Spincer and Dark Howlan are not the same as three years ago. Although Dark Howlan can still be defeated, Dark Spincer... He's a little difficult," Dark Hartina was worried and ran towards Tyu City.

 

Kairi shrugged. He, Rafiz and Kironinx followed from behind.

 

An inn somewhere in Tyu City…

 

"Argh! I can't take this anymore! Anywhere we go there would be monsters attacking us out of nowhere!" Dark Howlan shouted angrily.

 

"Hm? Aren't you having fun fighting them? I did, because I was able to increase my strength," Dark Spincer smirked. 

 

Both have rented an inn for the night and hope no monster comes to attack them again. After running and crossing the sea to the Enix Kingdom from the Dorothia Kingdom, they finally reach somewhere where no monster would harm them.

 

They actually feel exhausted after getting chased from day to night. They were relieved that Tyu City had still not been attacked by monsters and hoped they got enough rest this time.

 

"Who would think that as fun! I almost had my life blown away by one of their crazy attacks! And I am so tired of fighting them!" Dark Howlan growled and glared at Dark Spincer.

 

He also displayed his fangs. Dark Spincer just replied with a shrug. Dark Howlan dropped his head to the pillow of his single bed. He sighed in bliss after being able to feel the softness of the pillow instead of the hardness of his arms which he used to have a short nap every night since the chase. He also missed the softness of the bed. Not long after, he fell asleep.

 

"Hey, Dark Howlan, let's go find... Oh, he's asleep." 

 

Dark Spincer thought of getting a meal first but it seems he won't have any companions. He remembered that Dark Howlan had used a lot of power continuously for over a month after they left the Dorothia Kingdom. Dark Howlan's tiredness can be understood. 

 

As for him, he still feels energised by his adrenaline system that rises during a fight a few hours ago. He didn't feel tired because of it. He smiled before getting up from the bed he was sitting on. He walked out of the room and closed the door slowly.

 

He rethinks their increasingly close relationship since their escape from their king. Since then, he too has begun to open his mind that their enemy was no longer the Bright Star but their king. 

 

He feels used all this time by his king. Even so, thinking about all the murders he committed, he still feels no guilt. He had done it on the orders of his king and it was an honour for him even though it was actually wrong.

 

Not only that, it was his responsibility as a soldier to carry out his king's orders. He didn't think it was his fault nor felt remorse about it. He raised his palms and stared at them.

 

"I am a weapon to kill any enemy that obstructs Dark Revier ways..." He thought silently.

 

"But, he heartlessly threw me away... I'm no longer needed by him. Now, what should I do after this? I no longer need to kill anyone. Does that mean I can finally follow my wishes? Heh! That's impossible…" He shakes his head and looks out through the hall window.

 

The moon was bright and was shining above him. It was beautiful that Dark Spincer thought it was the first time he saw it. However, he looked away in despair.

 

"Freedom… I don't deserve it at all. Should I… Let Dark Revier kill me then?"

 

He smiled again. "My time is almost up... I haven't got my needs for two months now. Well, I'll die in a few days. Before that happens, I can't allow anything to kill me."

 

He balled his hands into a fist before continuing to find a tasty place to eat. He paused when he felt some presence he knew was coming from the Bright Star users. They were entering the city from the east.

 

"Tsk! What an annoying group! Are they here to fight us? Dark Howlan is exhausted but he would be in danger if I didn't wake him." He thought and entered a restaurant.

 

If he was going to fight them, he would have to fill his hunger first. After enjoying what was necessary even though his thirst for something still can be felt, he returned to the rented room again.

 

"Dark Howlan, Dark Howlan, wake up," He shook Dark Howlan's body.

 

Unfortunately, Dark Howlan was sleeping like a log. Nothing seems to wake him. Even knocking on his head doesn't work. Dark Spincer grumbled a complaint. 

 

He had to wake this one up every day like this. His eyes glanced at the dog ears above Dark Howlan's head. Suddenly, his hands feel itchy to touch them. 

 

"I have never touched an animal before. Em… Although, this is Dark Howlan's body part and he's not really an animal. Still… Isn't this a chance?!" He felt so tempted.

 

When he was small, he couldn't have pets or touch them. This was because animals were targeted for killing and not living things to play with. He was trained by his mother, a former Dark Spincer user. 

 

His mother doesn't allow him to treat animals or his enemies as living things. They're just something that needs to be eliminated. That kind of thought led Dark Spincer to have no fear of taking others' lives. 

 

However, no one was ordering him to kill anymore. So, his sealed feelings all this time were loosening right now. He was curious about everything that he had never been allowed to have before.

 

He finally fell to his curiosity and pinched one of the ears. He let out a soft gasp at the softness of it. The ears twitched together after he touched one of them. 

 

He grinned and deliberately rubbed both ears, causing Dark Howlan to make a small grunt. Suddenly, Dark Howlan's eyes opened with big round pupils and looked at him.

 

"What…?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

 

He was still not fully conscious. Dark Spincer didn't look at him, instead stared at Dark Howlan's ear which fell and then rose again. He let them go fast when he realised Dark Howlan's eyes were open just now.

 

He chuckled funnily and caused Dark Howlan to wake up fully as he felt uncomfortable listening to the sound. He also pushed Dark Spincer's body away from him. He didn't understand why Dark Spincer was sitting on the edge of his bed.

 

"What's wrong with you?!" He started to get a chill from their closeness.

 

Did Dark Spincer do something to him just now?

 

Dark Spincer didn't answer yet. Instead, he stood up and walked to the door. 

 

"Dark Howlan, ready yourself. We seem to have some guests." He told him.

 

"Guests…?" 

 

Dark Howlan didn't understand until he heightened his hearing and sniffed the air. A second later, the pupil of his eyes snapped vertically. 

 

"The Bright Star users!" He growls.

 

"Now that you know, let's go meet them. I'm sure a fight with them is more interesting than the dumb monsters." Dark Spincer laughed.

 

"Urgh! Damn it! I was having a nice dream!"

 

"Do you even remember it?"

 

"Err, no… But, I think it's a nice dream!"

 

"Tsk! Come one, they are nearby now."

 

Dark Spincer thinks Dark Howlan must have a doggy love dream or something. He couldn't help to laugh again. Dark Howlan grumbled annoyingly.

 

Both of them flash to the roof of the inn. Dark Spincer moved to a side when a blade was swung at him.

 

"So mad. Did you do something to him before?" Dark Howlan asked after he jumped a few steps back.

 

He saw Eridanus was the one who attacked Dark Spincer. Eridanus missed his attack and he landed on another roof behind them. His expression was very furious.

 

"Maybe." Dark Spincer replied with an excited smirk.

0