CHAPTER 103: ENTERTAINMENT
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Chronos!"

 

Dark Chronos who was reading a book jerked and dropped his book. He glanced toward the sidewalk facing the entrance to his living room and saw someone running angrily towards him.

 

"What have I done this time?" He thought in silence.

 

He bent down to pick up his book. He was shocked when he felt an attack and straightened his body quickly. He saw a young woman who wanted to kick him but was unsuccessful because he slid to the side and her kick passed beside him. 

 

The young woman landed with her body lowered down before flipping her legs to air kick him next. He grabbed her leg and threw it at a pole for decoration. She grabbed the pole and swung her body to leap towards him again with both hands wanting to pounce on him. 

 

Dark Chronos sighed and built his protective wall. The young woman who didn't know there was an invisible wall smashed onto it. The hit was so hard that it made him flinch a little. He watches her body slowly slide down the wall.

 

Moreover, her face smack into the wall also looked a little funny. But, Dark Chronos couldn't laugh because he doesn't know-how. Such emotion was long gone from him.

 

"Why are you angry all of a sudden, Tucana?" He asked and with his power, his book flew into his hand.

 

He closed the open book and removed it from sight. Dark Reammut groaned in pain and held her nose which she felt was broken. Her nose was also bleeding. 

 

Dark Chronos disliked her injured condition and with a swing of his hand, he removed the blood on her and the spot the blood dripped on. Then, he healed her nose and some other pain from the smash just now. Dark Reammut was stunned after she didn't feel any pain anymore but still turned to glare at him.

 

"You're the mastermind, isn't it?! You stole my favourite biscuit!" She accused him as she stood once more.

 

"Em?" Dark Chronos was dumbfounded.

 

Does she think he was someone who would steal anyone's things? Wait, he did steal her from her Bright Star family. Not steal but kidnap…

 

He sighed and looked at her calmly.

 

"Have you forgotten that I don't need food to live? Why would I steal your biscuit for?" He replied.

 

Dark Reammut was startled and just realised it. She forgot that Dark Chronos doesn't need food or drink since he was a god. He was a God of Darkness and Calamity. 

 

When recalling her beloved Dark Chronos, she starts to get miserable and sad but doesn’t show it to Dark Chronos who was in front of her. He was not her beloved. Because of that, she couldn't like this god who lived inside Dark Chronos' body.

 

But unbeknownst to her, this was the God of Darkness and Calamity's real form. Dark Chronos before was just a vessel soul he chose to operate his body while he was in deep sleep to recover his power.

 

Dark Reammut folded her arms. "Then why do my biscuits disappear?"

 

Dark Chronos felt that Dark Reammut deliberately wants to find something to make him angry and then gives in to his urge to kill her. Unfortunately, that will not happen. 

 

Nothing she did could increase his anger for her because his anger had been given toward the angels of Heaven, Hell and even… Revioryx. As for her presence by his side, it was to entertain his selfish desire and… His lonely life.

 

Not only that, there was a comfort feeling that he felt from her presence. He didn’t understand it and was still trying to figure out what it meant. That's why he wants her by his side.

 

Now, it's been a month since she stays with him. Every day, there would be something that she did to make him get angry. However, it became something that entertained him more.

 

"You also forgot that this palace has servants. One of them probably took it without you realising it." He told her.

 

"How do I know which one! Your servant is not 'one' but hundreds! I want you to find them right now! How dare they take my biscuits! I'll smack them dead after I find who they are…" 

 

Dark Reammut made a fist with one hand before punching the palm of her other hand. Dark Chronos shakes his head at her act of revenge.

 

"All right. Let's find your thief." He replied before he stepped out of the living room.

 

Dark Reammut follows after from behind. She didn't get too close to him and stayed away for a few metres. To find the thief, first of all, they went to her room. 

 

Her room was small but comfortable. Everything in it was the coloured of bright yellow. Every time he visited the room, the colour was a little bit painful to his eyes. He wasn't sure why Dark Reammut liked the colour but never asked her about it.

 

Actually, Dark Reammut wanted to make him irritated with the colour but failed. She thought since Dark Chronos likes dark, he might have felt uncomfortable with the colour that was opposite from him. Yet, nothing happened at all.

 

"Argh! It's all gone!" 

 

Dark Reammut screams when she sees her transparent jar that holds some biscuits before was empty. Her anger flared up and she stared sharply at Dark Chronos.

 

"Find them now!" She screamed at him.

 

Her scream almost made him deaf. He, after all, has a high hearing sense. Sometimes, he wishes he didn't kidnap her. But, he was still stubborn to keep her with him.

 

"Fine…" He just rolled his eyes at her.

 

He moves his hand to the jar and finds the presence of anything who stole her biscuit. Then, he walked out of her room and went to one of the hall windows. He looked out before he jumped down. Dark Reammut still follows him.

 

"Hey, are you telling me your servant really ran out this way?" 

 

Dark Reammut began to suspect he was bringing her for a walk and not to find the thief.

 

"If you don't believe me, we can stop here and I can go back to read my book again." 

 

Dark Chronos stopped in his tracks. They were now in a thick forest with tall trees towering over the sky.

 

Dark Reammut's eyebrows fluttered. "That's right! The thief might not run here!" 

 

She felt he was lying to her.

 

Dark Chronos ignores her accusation.

 

"I do not restrict their freedom. They have the right to come in and out as my servants."

 

His eyes were attracted to something beside them. Dark Reammut followed his gaze and gasped to see a monster the size of a twenty metres building chewing the leaves of a tree that reached his mouth.

 

"Wha, What is that?!" She asked him as she stepped back.

 

"Vansyu. One of the biggest monsters in this world." Dark Chronos replied before jumping onto an eight metres tall tree and stepping on one of its branches. 

 

"If you want to find your thief, follow me. If you don't want to, then, just sit there." He told her before jumping to another branch.

 

Dark Reammut snorted before she jumped onto the branch that Dark Chronos had stepped on. She made sure Dark Chronos didn't leave her there. Soon, they arrive at a monster village. 

 

The monsters have intelligence like a human and was the reason that Dark Chronos has chosen them to be his servants. They were called ‘Jamuk’ by Dark Chronos. 

 

Jamuk skins were in maroon colour. They were small like children but their faces were very ugly. They have strong muscles and above their shoulders have small horns coming out of them. They have tails too and black hairs covered it all. 

 

When Dark Chronos and Dark Reammut arrived there, all the Jamuk stared at them. Their eyes showed fear when they saw Dark Chronos who came but viewed Dark Reammut like something delicious to eat.

 

Dark Reammut of course notices it. She shuddered and slowly moved to hide behind Dark Chronos.

 

"She's not food." Dark Chronos stare at them.

 

His eyes were also warning them. The Jamuk was scared after seeing it and stiffened in their place. Immediately, they all quickly kneeled to him.

 

"Forgive us, Dark Lord!"

 

"Wow…" 

 

Dark Reammut was awed by their scaredy-cat face but her face shows confusion because she doesn't understand a word that Dark Chronos and these Jamuk said. It sounds like garbage in her ears.

 

"What are you guys saying?" She whispered to Dark Chronos.

 

Dark Chronos' eyes twitched. He just realised she would not understand a word from this world's native language. So, he chants a spell and her body glows for a moment. Dark Reammut was surprised.

 

"What did you do to me?!"

 

Dark Chronos ignores her. "Now, tell me. One of your kind has stolen something from this girl."

 

"Stolen something? Dark Lord, we always stole something. Which is the thing that got stolen? Perhaps we can find it for you." An old Jamuk asked.

 

Listening to the old Jamuk words, Dark Reammut couldn't help but be surprised. She can understand it now. But…

 

Has anyone ever told the truth when they steal? Of course not!

 

These Jamuk were really brave and didn't look guilty at all!

 

"She said her biscuits were stolen. Mind finding it. I don't have much free time if you delay it." 

 

Dark Chronos stares at them like he would kill them if they weren't honest or hide the thing they were looking for.

 

"Ah, yes, yes! Biscuits! The biscuits are somewhere around here!" Another Jamuk answered quickly in panic.

 

It scurried away and returned in a minute. It shows some kind of black crumbs to them. It even has some kind of slimy worm wriggling in it.

 

"What the hell is this?! It's gross!" Dark Reammut glared at the jamuk who brought it.

 

These are not her biscuits! This is something unpalatable!

0