CHAPTER 105: STRATEGY
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at Dark Chronos who was attacking him relentlessly, Kairi remembered what he had talked about with some beings before. It was after he had met Dark Kage, Dark Amilia and Dark Ceilius and told them to go to Syarantonia from Revioryx’s sea monster attacks.

 

"Andreit, Lisione, can I ask you something?"

 

"What is it, Kairi?" Andreit replied while folding his arms over his chest. 

 

They were on Kairi's balcony and he looked towards the Antonia City below. Lisione was sitting on a chair facing him while Ziphoteninx was laying on the floor beside them.

 

"Do you know Dark Chronos?"

 

Kairi's question startled them.

 

"Dark Chronos... Chronos, is it the God of Darkness and Calamity?" Lisione wants to confirm who Kairi mentions.

 

Kairi nodded his head. Lisione glanced at Andreit. Andreit let out a sigh before nodding to her.

 

"We don't have much information about him. But like his title, he is the epitome of all human dark feelings. Anger, hatred, jealousy, greed, desire, deceit, and all sorts of other feelings darken the human heart and those feelings strengthen his power. He can control them too." She explains.

 

"I heard he also controls the Hell Guardians. The Hell Guardians were also angels that were born with the power of darkness like him. But, they can only control one power according to the feelings as Lisione mentioned before. The same for their titles like God f of Greed, God of Desire and so on. And Chronos is their leader. Chronos was once tasked to monitor them all and act fairly. He made sure they moved in the right order." Andreit continued.

 

"And he was one of the angels that caught Revioryx," Ziphoteninx told Kairi one more truth.

 

Kairi gasped in shock after hearing it.

 

"Huh? So what happened to him and why would he be working with Revioryx now?" Kairi doesn't understand. 

 

"That… We don't know much. More than five thousand years ago, everyone suddenly lost track of him and I heard his disappearance caused things to pile up in Hell and troubled them all. Some thought he discarded his duty while some thought he was dead. All because of a new head that suddenly emerges as the God of Darkness and Calamity. His name is Santian.” Lisione told some information she knew.

 

“What? Can the title be given to another angel? Or is it just for formality?”

 

“Kairi, angels can only have one title in their entire life because they were chosen by the sources. But, when an angel is dismissed as either dying or becoming a fallen angel, the source will choose another angel to carry that title.” Ziphoteninx slowly explained the title part.

 

“I see… Then, is it because Chronos became a fallen angel, that Santian took the title next?”

 

“Correct.”

 

Andreit looked annoyed. “But I don’t like him. If compared to his personality and Chronos, a lot of angels from both Hell and Heaven prefer Chronos more because he has a good attitude despite having the power of darkness. But to think that he had become a fallen… How can he become one when he was always following orders strictly and he was the most dedicated to his duty? His disappearance for a very long time, including Santian taking his title, made everyone think that he was truly dead. What exactly happened to him?”

 

He grits his teeth. When Dark Chronos appeared, he was disappointed and aggrieved to feel the deep hostile auras coming from Dark Chronos towards them. He wonders what they have done to him but has no answer to it.

 

"Is there no investigation of his past? What caused him to become a fallen?" Kairi was confused.

 

Such an accident was a huge one to not be investigated properly. Especially if it was related to one of the leaders of the Hell Guardians.

 

"Don't worry, Kairi. After seeing Chronos again, all of us have gathered and discussed with the leader of the angels to find the cause of what happened to him. The incident of Chronos' disappearance is now being re-investigated. Maybe soon we will find the reasons for his disappearance.” Lisione told Kairi and the latter was relieved to hear it.

 

He hoped they would find the truth soon and help Dark Chronos return to the right side and not with Revioryx. If possible, he wants to help Dark Chronos and understand him better. Not just for himself but for Dark Reammut and the angels who have respected him all this time.

 

"Chronos, stop it! What made you turn like this?! You’re not like what they said five thousand years ago!" Kairi asked as he slashed a black light attack into two that were coming at him.

 

Dark Chronos narrowed his eyes. "How do you know about this?"

 

"From the angels that consider you a friend!" Kairi replied as he clashed his swords with Dark Chronos' scythe again. 

 

"Friend?" 

 

Dark Chronos burst out laughing when he heard it before his golden pupils glowed darkly. He also expressed a wave of deep anger and hatred for it. Kairi, who saw the changes, was startled.

 

"I have no friend!" Dark Chronos snarled.

 

He pushed Kairi away from him before he poked his scythe into the ground below them. A thread of black lightning appeared from under Kairi and exploded. Kairi managed to protect himself by popping up a shield around him. He also summons out his four-star shields before running toward Dark Chronos and attacking him with his sword again.

 

"What have they done to you, Chronos? Why do you hate them so much?" He still wants to know and tries to dig up some information from Dark Chronos' own mouth.

 

Right now, after thinking of everything he saw from Dark Chronos, he was sure that Dark Chronos was betrayed. His anger and hatred were already enough proof for it. But the question was, which angels have caused Dark Chronos to become a fallen? 

 

And no one ever saw him after five thousand years but he appeared with Revioryx again. So, Kairi guessed that he might have been captured or imprisoned somewhere no one knew about it other than the culprit. And Revioryx… Might have rescued him at some point and taken him under him.

 

With the information he obtained from Andreit and Lisione, the culprit should be closer to Dark Chronos. Because the one that caused betrayal was the one who they trust the most.

 

"Wait a minute. I need to think about this carefully..." Kairi tried to remember the important things he had talked about with Andreit, Lisione and Ziphoteninx.

 

"Andreit, Lisione, Ziphoteninx, does Dark Chronos have anyone he hates?"

 

"I’m not sure." Andreit shakes his head.

 

Lisione too didn’t know.

 

"Well, he doesn't seem to like humans much. We've seen him give out hatred toward you and others before." Ziphoteninx said.

 

"Right..." Kairi folded his arms as he closed his eyes for a moment.

 

He needs to think.

 

"Chronos doesn't like humans. But dark feelings from humans strengthen him. Why doesn't he like humans?" Kairi tries to guess anything that caused Dark Chronos to hate humans.

 

"Em? What if… It has something to do with him being in Hell. Hell is where cruel and evil human souls were punished. Is that why he hates humans?" He guessed.

 

The three of them caught on to his meaning.

 

“Well, if it did. He would have lost control after a few years he existed. Even I could not stand listening to an evil soul explaining his killing or torturing moment. But, the dark feelings would only strengthen him though. So, what's your point?” Ziphoteninx replied.

 

Andreit and Lisione nodded in agreement. 

 

"Doesn't it have any effect other than strengthening his power? Like... Drunk on power or something? How about Santian? Does anything affect him too?" Kairi wished to know more.

 

"Drunk? I don't think so since two of them exist to control those dark feelings but… When you think about it again, Santian does not always sit in the Hell area that he controls either. He said he always had enough of the feeling of human darkness from his palace alone. Eh? Humans from the palace?" Andreit realised something strange from his words.

 

He turned to Lisione. "Does Santian keep human evil human souls in his palace?

 

"Of course. He has a cell for cruel and evil human souls in his palace to ensure his powers are not weakened. He changes them every year after he has exhausted the darkness from them before returning them to Hell again." Lisione explained.

 

"Not only that, he doesn't go to Hell to choose those human souls. He only sends his shadow to manage it. Santian… Has always been in his palace," Ziphoteninx feels odd about it now.

 

Kairi listened to their conversation. He couldn't help but sympathise with Dark Chronos and was angry at the angel that betrayed Dark Chronos. His eyes suddenly glowed brighter.

 

"Ka, Kairi? Why do you look so pissed?" Ziphoteninx could sense rising anger from him.

 

Kairi closed his eyes and reopened them soon after. The iris of his eyes turns normal again. He got up from his seat.

 

"Andreit, Lisione, Ziphoteninx, may I ask you three to do something for me?" He asked.

 

The three of them glanced at each other before they nodded. They weren't sure what they said had caused Kairi to get so serious right now.

 

"I want all the information about anyone who has the powers of darkness and has a close relationship with Chronos. Although this is a matter of angels, Chronos has now involved me and the people of this world. I cannot overlook it now that he harms all of us. I want to help you all to solve Chronos' case too. Can you help me find everything about him?" Kairi begged them.

 

They were surprised by his request. Andreit and Lisione smile soon after.

 

"He still has the personality of our leader even though he doesn't remember it," Lisione telepathy Andreit silently.

 

"True. He hasn't changed at all. This is indeed our leader." Andreit replied back.

 

"Well, Kairi, we'll tell you anything that we've gathered all this time. If you feel it's not enough, we'll try to get more information and tell you later, okay?" Lisione agreed to help him.

 

"Really? Thank you so much for your help," Kairi said and she appreciated their help. 

 

Then, he listens to their information and their investigation. He also knew the angels who were under Dark Chronos' control and their duties.

 

Back to the battle…

 

Kairi stares at Dark Chronos in front of him.

 

"Santian." He said it deliberately for the latter hearing.

 

Dark Chronos's eyebrows twitched and his golden pupils shone for a moment before they disappeared.

 

"How do you know that name?" Dark Chronos asked him as their weapons pushed away.

 

They stopped for a moment and looked at each other. Dark Chronos' voice sounded melancholic and Kairi guessed Santian was just a part of something in Dark Chronos' past.

 

"Huh. It seems Santian has nothing to do with the person who betrayed him? But his voice sounded guilty too. I wonder what happened between the two? Santian is, after all, his best friend. Then, why did he say he has no friends?" Kairi thought silently and was confused.

 

Kairi then answered his question.

 

"Andreit and Lisione who told me that he is now the God of Darkness and Calamity." 

 

Silent despair passed through Dark Chronos but was hidden quickly. However, Kairi already sensed it. He finally believes that Santian was someone Dark Chronos cared for.

 

"Chronos, you used to be the angel everyone looked up to. How can you become a fallen? Did someone betray you?" Kairi asked slowly.

 

"Grr! I have enough of your yapping! Just leave me alone!" Dark Chronos snapped and screamed angrily. 

 

At the same time, he ran up to Kairi and swung his scythe violently. Kairi resisted the attack but later weakened his swings. When Dark Chronos slammed on his sword, he realised Kairi's plan. 

 

Kairi, who weakened his weapon, moved the force of Dark Chronos's blows to his side as his body moved to the opposite. He used one leg to kick Dark Chronos' chest.

 

Dark Chronos popped up a protective shield at the moment his chest was almost kicked but he could have never thought Kairi's kick attack was so strong and caused him to be pushed backwards and fall to the ground.

 

He gasped at the sight of one Kairi sword thrust into his chest after breaking the protective shield.

 

He slowly grinned. "Did you forget I'm not human?"

 

Kairi smirk. "I know. And that's why you have to just sit here quietly."

 

"Huh?!" Dark Chronos was surprised again when he felt his body tied to something and turned his head to see it.

 

His arms, legs, wings, and body were now bound with white glowing silver handcuffs and connected to the floor around his body. Dark Chronos gritted his teeth while holding back the pain because the handcuffs were not ordinary but a light that his body didn't like. 

 

It weakened his dark aura. As for the touch of the handcuffs on any skin on his body, it made that part of the skin ooze a little blood out. He groaned and began to sweat. He didn't expect Kairi to trap him and knew his weakness to the light. He was sure no one knew his weakness all this time.

 

He felt pathetic. Since he become a fallen, he lost the power of light that can help him resist the light aura. Now, without it, he added one more weakness to his side. 

 

"Why do you think the light can weaken me?" He asked, staring sharply at Kairi.

 

Kairi removed his weapons and folded his arms.

 

"Isn't dark and light opposing each other?" Kairi replied playfully.

 

"No! Not for any angels!" Dark Chronos spit out a truth.

 

"Ah, then… I just guessed. Lucky, aren't I?" Kairi chuckled before he looked at his friends who were now sitting down to rest.

 

Replicas resembling them disappear as soon as Kairi handcuffs and hurts Dark Chronos. Actually, he didn't want to hurt Dark Chronos but he had no other choice. They were running out of time. With all the information he gathered, he thought of some strategies that could defeat Dark Chronos. One of them was successful and unexpected.

 

He knew that all angels, even a dark angel can resist a light aura. It is the same for light angels that can resist dark aura. But since Dark Chronos has become a fallen angel, he wondered if it was possible to trap him with the light aura he had. Well, it seems it does work on him.

 

"Now, Chronos. Mind telling me where did you hide Tucana?" He asked.

 

The latter was silent and only glared angrily at him. Kairi sighed.

 

"Hey, Angelote, follow me! The others, please watch him! We're going to get Tucana!" He ordered them.

 

They were startled a little and amazed that Kairi could trap Dark Chronos. Dark Amilia, who heard his order, stood up from her rest and went quickly to him.

 

"Kairi, I want to follow!"

 

"Okay, let's go," Kairi replied with a soft smile.

 

They need to get Dark Reammut right away. Angelote and Dark Amilia followed him toward one wall. Dark Chronos closes his eyes to dispel the bitter taste of his defeat to a human.

 

He also realised that he was panicking inside because he felt Kairi knew Dark Reammut's location. He needs to do something right away. Unfortunately, his power won't listen to him anymore due to the light. 

 

Ziphoteninx, Dark Ceilius, Dark Kage and Dark Spincer approached him but didn't come that close. The Deorc Star users were reminiscing about their old friend because of his face. They wonder who the real Dark Chronos was.

0