CHAPTER 108: SAVING
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Chronos! Chronos! Hey, what's wrong with you?!" Dark Reammut asked in panic while shaking Dark Chronos' body.

 

Kairi and the others looked grave. They could no longer feel Dark Chronos' breathing.

 

"Kairi! Help him, please?!" Dark Reammut turned to Kairi in desperation.

 

Her tears were gathering in her eyes. She knew Kairi could save Dark Chronos. However, Kairi's long silence was eventually understood by her as well. Finally, she shed her tears and they fell profusely to her cheeks. She turned to stare at Dark Chronos' calm face.

 

"Why is this happening?" She whispered in grief.

 

She dropped her head to his forehead and cried loudly. Kairi and the others felt her sadness and also felt their chests tighten. 

 

“Shit!” Dark Ceilius released an angry breath.

 

He doesn’t know why he would be feeling sad too. Aren't Dark Chronos their enemies?

 

Dark Amilia sniffed and she didn’t let her tears fall. But, she sympathises with her sister who lost her lover so suddenly. She and others except Kairi and Ziphoteninx don't know why Dark Chronos can die when he was a god. 

 

As for Kairi, he remembered something of his past when he was trained for three years with Ziphoteninx and Dark Kurumi. But, at the time, Dark Kurumi was not with them and Ziphoteninx told him a big secret he needed to know.

 

"What?!" Kairi was surprised by Ziphoteninx's words.

 

"All the special beings including the angels are actually not fully immortal beings. It’s true we can have our bodies return to the original when we get dismembered or have our bodies destroyed. But, only one thing can kill us completely. That is if anyone finds out where our real heart is located and hidden.” Ziphoteninx told him with seriousness.

 

“This is our speciality to live. It's not like we don’t have any weaknesses. We have and that is our heart. We can remove our hearts once we have our wings. So, you can say, the children of angels are very fragile and easy to kill. But, once they have their wings, their heart can be hidden and kept somewhere only they know it. Like any living being in this world, if the heart gets stabbed or destroyed, we will die in the blink of an eye. Remember that Kairi if you ever meet any evil beings." Ziphoteninx warns him.

 

"Huh? Can an angel become evil too? I thought you all are good beings." Kairi was confused.

 

"Heh! Not all angels are good, Kairi. Due to the power they possess, all angels and other beings have that feeling of arrogance as the most powerful being ever to live. There may be some good ones but we are also like humans, we have feelings and intellect. It's easy to be jealous or hateful. If you encounter any of them who have an evil mindset, you need to know how to bring them down with their second weakness. I'll tell you later about it. But, if you have their first weakness which is their heart, don't hesitate to stab them if you don't want to get killed first, understand?"

 

"Erm... Okay... So, if you die, your soul will be sent to the realm of death, right?"

 

Ziphoteninx's expression turns into sadness. He shook his head slowly.

 

"Unfortunately, no, Kairi. We don't have a soul after we die. We will disappear forever and never return or be reborn. We will be returning to the source who created us."

 

Kairi gasped when he heard it with eyes wide open. He began to understand a little about the angels and the beings' weakness.

 

Presently, Kairi was having one hand on his face to hide his eyes that shone brightly with his rage. With Dark Chronos’ death, he finally realised what had happened and knew only one reason that could cause it.

 

"Damn it! Revioryx has Chronos' heart! That's why Chronos doesn't give up and always follows his orders. Damn you, Revioryx!" He screamed in his mind.

 

He controlled the aura of his anger that he wanted to release. He didn't want to scare anyone there. But a hand, no, a paw has been put on his shoulders.

 

"Kairi, we will defeat him once and for all, this time!" Ziphoteninx growled lowly.

 

He too has found out behind Dark Chronos' death. And was very angry that Revioryx controlled someone like Dark Chronos, who was turning to the good side now.

 

"Kairi, can't you revive the dead?! Please revive Chronos! Please!" Dark Reammut still tried to save him and begged Kairi with tears streaming down her face.

 

Kairi closed his eyes before opening them again. 

 

"I'm very sorry, Tucana. I can't save him. He's not human. My power is beyond my ability to animate a god." Kairi told her truthfully.

 

He felt pathetic when Dark Reammut's face turned gloomy and hopeless. If this continued, he was sure Dark Reammut would lose herself and turn heartless. He needs to do something but what can he do?

 

"This is strange. How can a god die?" Asked Dark Kage, who didn't understand how it happened.

 

They all looked at him and then at Kairi and Ziphoteninx for an answer.

 

"Sigh… Ziphoteninx, may I?" Kairi asked for permission.

 

Ziphoteninx was silent before he nodded. Dark Chronos' death already shows them proof that a god can still die. He can't hide this even if he wants to.

 

"Alright, I am not supposed to tell you this but the truth is, angels and special beings like Ziphoteninx can die too. Like us, they have a heart but their heart was hidden away from their body. If someone with an evil mind got them, they would become like… Chronos now…"

 

Kairi explained and everyone there was shocked to their core. Dark Reammut's eyes opened wide after understood his meaning. 

 

"Revioryx... Revioryx has Chronos…? So... He killed Chronos...? Argh! I'll kill him! I'll kill him!" She shrieked in anger as he slammed her hands to the floor below her until it cracked.

 

Kairi let Dark Reammut vent her rage. He pulled out a device that was made by Dark Kage before. It told him the time they had spent by being in that world.

 

"Two hours and fifty minutes have passed in our world. There are only three and ten minutes left for us to leave here. Tucana, I don't know if it will work or not but…"

 

Dark Reammut was listening while holding her sobs.

 

"We might be able to save Chronos if we both work together."

 

"What?!" Everyone looked at him with a surprised expression.

 

After listening to him, Dark Reammut was finally able to see some hope.

 

"Kairi, how?! How can we save him?!" Dark Amilia asked.

 

"I'm going to tell you on our way to the portal. We can't dread more time or it would make me and Tucana suffer more. Hurry and carry Chronos. I'm going to teleport us to Rafiz and the others."

 

Dark Spincer swiftly took Dark Chronos' body up to his right shoulder. "Do it."

 

Dark Amilia went to stand beside Dark Reammut and hug her side. The latter looked at her and wiped her teary face. Her face then turned calm.

 

Kairi nodded at them before he used his power to move them beside their first group of rescue teams. When they appeared, Rafiz and others had just finished killing all the stone monsters and were arguing in front of the entrance gate.

 

They went silent after seeing Kairi and the second group members.

 

"Kairi!" Rafiz and Dark Hartina quickly approach them while the rest follow after.

 

"We're so glad to see you all alright." Rafiz let out a sigh of relief.

 

"Are you guys alright too?" Kairi asked.

 

"We're okay. Unfortunately, we can't get in after you get in. We tried to find another way but still couldn't. Around this building, there is a high barrier to-..." Dark Hartina couldn't finish his words after seeing someone on Dark Spincer's shoulder.

 

"You defeated him?! How?! Wait! He's dead!" Dark Hartina's eyes widened in shock.

 

"What happened?" Rafiz asked with astonishment.

 

Surely, it should be hard to kill a god. How can Dark Chronos die then?

 

"Talk later!" Kairi didn't answer them and used his power to take them near the portal.

 

After that, he turned to Dark Reammut.

 

"The time here and our world are different by half. Since Chronos died, only more than fifteen minutes have passed here but only more than 6 minutes there. Tucana, we are going to reverse the time of this portal to our world. Do you think you can do it?"

 

His words shock everyone there.

 

"Yes, I can! Come on, Tucana!" She called her spirit beast.

 

It came out from his power emblem that was put around her neck now.

 

"We are ready, Master of Stellars," Tucana said to Kairi.

 

"Alright! Just so you know, we are turning the time there to only 3 minutes. Once you go out, search for Revioryx's location. He is probably ready to kill his heart by then. Prevent him from doing it! Understand?!" He told them.

 

"Noted!

 

"Okay!"

 

Everyone answered him with vigour and seriousness.

 

"Let's save him! Even though I don't know the reason we are doing this yet." Rafiz was still confused.

 

Dark Amilia and the second group members except for Kairi, all give him a dead stare and want him to shut up. He shrugged at them while his team members too looked very confused.

 

"Everyone stand back!" Kairi ignored Rafiz's remarks and told the others while he and Dark Reammut stood in front of the portal.

 

A moment later, Kairi and Dark Reammut's bodies let out a bright glow. Kairi chants a spell that only he knew what it was. Dark Reammut feels her power was absorbed by the portal. It pained her body a bit and lowered her energy but she was determined to change the time.

 

Kairi lifts his right hand toward the portal while his left hand goes to Dark Chronos. Dark Chronos' body floats and a star field appears to surround him. When his chant was over…

 

"Go!" He told them and ran inside the portal.

 

The rescue team follows him. Dark Spincer grabs Dark Chronos again and brings him together.

 

On the other side of the portal, all the angels were startled by the changes in time around them.

 

"Is it Tucana again?" Andreit asked Lisione.

 

"And Kairi's too. What happened?"

 

Both of them were busy fighting the monsters that appeared from a portal. The monsters were Revioryx's armies that were gathered in the Eridan Kingdom. Revioryx had opened lots of teleportation portals to bring them there and attack the whole of Antonia City. Since Antonia City was located under the surface, the surrounding earth wall meant that Antonia City had no escape path unless they climbed and flew from it.

 

Antonia City no longer looked like the original. Everything was destroyed and fell upside down. The palace buildings also were releasing heavy smoke from the fire burning them. And Revioryx, he was looking toward the damaged city from the balcony of Kairi's room.

 

"Hahahaha!!!" He laughed after throwing the remains of Dark Chronos' heart. 

 

But, he was startled to sense the time was reversed to three minutes. Unbeknownst to Kairi, since Revioryx also has taken some of his power, he wasn't affected by the reverse time anymore. 

 

He snapped his head to Dark Chronos's heart in his hand that he had thrown to the floor before. It was healing itself into a complete shape again. Within seconds, the heart let out a beating sound.

 

"What the hell?!" He was flabbergasted.

 

Worried that Dark Chronos would come alive and get his revenge on him, he threw the heart into the sky and released a dark laser beam at it.

 

"Tsk! What a nuisance!" Revioryx harrumphed and turned to look at the city again.

 

Suddenly, a deep voice said to him.

 

"Yes, it does feel like a nuisance." 

 

Revioryx was shocked and snapped his head to the sky again. There was a male angel with light brown skin looking at him with terrifying vertical eyes that were glowing a deep blue sea. 

 

His long hair was the colour of black midnight with the same colour as his wings. The wings were sparkling in red dust. His face was a combination of handsome and beautiful. 

 

He looked gentle but the auras he released said otherwise. In his right palm, Dark Chronos's heart was safe and protected under a visible barrier that was the colour of his eyes.

 

"You are the nuisance." He slowly said to Revioryx.

 

"You dare to harm and kill my best friend! Prepare to be executed, Revioryx!" He snarled before the sky that was already darker and gloomy turned to night instead.

 

Revioryx gritted his teeth and growled. Why the hell did this bastard angel come here for?

 

Best friend? Does Dark Chronos still have a friend? But the latter told him that he had no one. 

 

Tsk! Such a lying bastard!

0