CHAPTER 111: LAST HOPE
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Revioryx blasts Dark Chronos and Santian to the surface when they were unable to escape his sneak attack on them. Whose fault they were arguing and not focusing on him. He chuckled at these two stupid angels.

 

Santian growled as he stood from the ground. Dark Chronos had fallen a few kilometres away beside his right. He almost forgot they had an enemy to defeat. He flew up again and went into the hole to attack Revioryx again. Dark Chronos appears soon after.

 

Kairi sighed. Ziphoteninx also sighs along.

 

“I’m going to Econia," Kairi told Ziphoteninx.

 

“Let's go then. I’m worried about Aries and your successor.” Ziphoteninx replied and he teleported them away.

 

As for Revioryx, they let the angels handle them. They appeared in Econia first.

 

“Kairi!” Aries was happy to see him.

 

She was at the building for all the users to rest. Staying with her were Perseus, Lyra and Aquila. Kairi walks to her and hugs her.

 

“Are you and everyone alright?” He asked.

 

Aries nodded. “All of us are okay. The monster that broke here was moved somewhere by Angelote.”

 

“So, they do manage to get in here.” Kairi could see that one side of the Econia ground walls had a big hole.

 

He used his power to patch the wall to become its original again. Then, he put a strong barrier around Econia.

 

“I’m leaving to see other shelters. Tell me if you are in danger.” He told them.

 

“Make sure you stay safe, Kairi.” Aries was worried.

 

She has been feeling that something bad was going to happen to Kairi. Kairi realised her worry and kissed her lips.

 

“I promise to be extra careful and promise to come back to you.” He told her gently.

 

Aries nodded before she kissed him quickly. Kairi smirked and looked at the rest. He nodded at them before he disappeared. 

 

He checked the shelters around Syarantonia one by one and put his barrier on them too. After that, he and Ziphoteninx went to fight the monsters around Syarantonia. He was frustrated to see lots of residents' homes were destroyed.

 

“Kairi, you are exhausting more powers than necessary,” Ziphoteninx told him when he used his copy power to rebuild the residents' home.

 

He also narrowed his eyes at him. “You also shorten your life to three years left when you used your power of time.”

 

Kairi smiled. “I want to save his life. I never thought returning to the time that includes gods would shorten my life essence. It’s too late to regret it now.”

 

“Kairi… You have a choice back then. Why didn’t you choose your life more? Aries, she would be really sad if she knew this.” Ziphoteninx scolded him.

 

“I know… I hope she will forgive me. Come on, we still have some places to check." Kairi changed their topic.

 

He doesn’t want to think he would die in three years or less than that. He only hoped the world was no longer in danger after he left. It was his duty as the leader of the Bright Star to ensure the peace of this world. 

 

It was a lie if he wasn't scared of death and of course, he wishes to live longer and hope to see his children grow up but… If everything was what fate had written for him then, he would accept it all. After all, it was impossible not to die in the end. He would go earlier than the rest of them. That's all.

 

Moreover, he didn't worry much anymore about if he died and Revioryx was still alive, everyone would be helpless without their power to fight him. As long as his child was protected, his friends could still use their power. That includes the future chaos if happening again to their world.

 

Well, he hopes there’s no more chaos after they defeat Revioryx. Yet, another danger will come since they got involved with Angelote. He sighs… Their battle won’t end yet after all, and he prays they still had their power till then.

 

“Kairi!” Ziphoteninx shouted at him suddenly.

 

“What’s going on?!” He was shocked by the huge earthquakes around them.

 

Since they were floating in the air, they could see the violence shaking below them. Buildings he made fell to the ground again and everything was falling as well.

 

“Revioryx, he had done something!” Ziphoteninx told him.

 

“Let’s go back!” Kairi made them disappear.

 

They went back to Antonia and were shocked when they arrived there. Antonia city was buried underground and there were wholesome armies of monsters with the same copy as Revioryx everywhere. The angels were defeated or annihilated one by one. Not only that, when the angels were going to regenerate their bodies, they were smashed by the copies.

 

Kairi was horrified by what he saw. “He made many copies of himself using my power!”

 

“No wonder he was so confident before!” Ziphoteninx agreed with him.

 

“Pegasus?!” Kairi was shocked to see Pegasus was coming out of a hole in one area.

 

He appears beside Pegasus and helps him out. “How come you’re here? Didn’t you leave with everyone?”

 

“Everyone seems to forget that I haven’t arrived in the training arena and left me here.” Pegasus rolled his eyes at him.

 

Kairi blinks his eyes before he coughs. It seems they did forget him just now. He heals Pegasus' body to full recovery. They were startled when a copy of Revioryx appeared beside them and attacked them. Kairi eliminates it with one swing of his sword that he summons out.

 

“Huh? They are weaker than the original.” Kairi said in surprise.

 

“Yup, but still annoying when there were too many in number.” Pegasus grit his teeth.

 

“Can you still fight?”

 

“Of course. You heal me already. Why won’t I be weak?”

 

So, both of them, along with Ziphoteninx, ran to find another copy of Revioryx and eliminate it one by one. Kairi was confused as to why the angels were weak to fight the copy. So, he went to one of them that he saved and asked.

 

"The copies were absorbing our power."

 

The information shocked Kairi and the others. Another huge roar sounded around them and the roars from copies. A moment later, all of it disappeared.

 

“What, What’s going on now?” Pegasus asked with a bad feeling.

 

“Damn it! The power inside the copies! They transferred it to Revioryx and strengthened him!” Ziphoteninx told them.

 

“Chronos and Santian are having a hard time. Kairi, we must help them now!” He continued.

 

“Pegasus, I’ll send you to Econia. Please protect Aries!”

 

“Kairi, you…” Pegasus frowned at him.

 

There’s no way he won’t feel strange with Kairi's last sentences. It was like Kairi was predicting something would happen to him. Kairi's next sentences intensify his guess.

 

“If I die, you and others must protect my child at all cost. Do you understand?”

 

Pegasus grits his teeth and went silent for a moment before he nodded. 

 

“But, you can’t just let Revioryx kill you! You must try to live no matter what!”

 

Kairi grins. “Of course! I don’t wish to die yet until I see my child!”

 

After that, he teleports Pegasus to Econia. Kairi and Ziphoteninx were ready to move to help Dark Chronos and Santian. They stop when some kind of holes appear around Revioryx. Then, many chains came out of it and surrounded Revioryx to tie him up.

 

“Grr!” Revioryx looks at it and feels irritated.

 

Dark Chronos and Santian have combined their powers to summon the same chains from the Hell realm. They were using all their powers to get him into Hell once again. If they can get him there, the angels waiting there can strike him.

 

They just got noticement from the angels in Hell that they cannot go to the world because they might cause the world to collapse with their numbers. They can only ask Santian to bring Revioryx into Hell and defeat him there.

 

“We must not let him run away anymore! If he escapes again, who knows which world he would go to and bring chaos!” Santian told Dark Chronos.

 

“Got it!”

 

So, they both summon the chain of Hell and also open the huge portal to the Hell realm under them. They were going to take Revioryx in with them. Revioryx, who knows their plan, roared and slashed at the chains that tied him. His body was moved little by little to the portal.

 

“What did he eat?! He’s so heavy now!” Santian growled.

 

“Focus!” Dark Chronos snarled at him.

 

Santian truly became an annoying angel when he spoke a lot right now. Revioryx opened his mouth and let out another laser beam at them. Both escaped his attack and still pulled him into the hole. When he was near them, both slowly descended into the portal while pulling him along. Revioryx struggles against them and grabs the ground like he used to do before.

 

“Why do I feel that he would escape like before?” Kairi’s eyes twitched after seeing the same scene.

 

“Don’t jinx it!” Ziphoteninx scolds him.

 

After he said it, they watch the chains glow in red. It magnifies the strength of the chain and forces Revioryx to move more into the portal. Now, half of its body was inside. The angels who had recovered flew to Revioryx and struck him with their multiple attacks They wanted to weaken his hold on the ground.

 

“Just a little more!’ Andreit was one of the angels that attacked Revioryx.

 

He told the others to power up their attack and they did. However, in the blink of their eyes, Revioryx disappeared. The chains loosen instantly and startle all of them. Santian and Dark Chronos, who were pulling the chains, were falling fast backwards.

 

They looked at each other in shock. They flew to get out of the hole but suddenly a few monsters appeared and released sticky webs toward them. They immediately moved to the side but were still caught in the webs. The webs hinder their wings' movement.

 

Suddenly, a laser hit them from outside the hole. Both were injured by it. A laugh sounded around them.

 

“Do you think I would just fall for this trick again? As if! Stay in Hell where you guys belong.” Revioryx in his human form told them.

 

His eyes glowed bright and he used his power to close the hole.

 

“Revioryx!” Santian and Dark Chronos destroyed the webs on their bodies and sped up to get out of the hole.

 

They saw Revioryx was handling Andreit and the other angels with the same attack on them. One by one, the angels fell to the ground and were trapped by the sticky webs. Kairi was anxious for them and at the hole that would be closed again. 

 

So, he popped up the sealed boxes that were made by Dark Kage, Agi and Angelote. They had given a lot of them to him before he and others went to rescue Dark Reammut.

 

“Kairi, are you sure it will work?” Ziphoteninx asks him with worry.

 

“This is our only last hope. So we must believe in it!” Kairi stares seriously at Revioryx.

 

“Hey, Revioryx, I have a gift for ya!” He threw one of the sealed boxes at Revioryx when he said it.

 

Revioryx turns to him and stares at the incoming small box. He raised his eyebrow at the box and Kairi.

 

“Seriously? What can a box this small do?” He asked with a chuckle.

 

“Didn’t I say it was a gift box? It was made for you actually.” Kairi gives him a sweet smile.

 

“What…?”

 

Revioryx’s eyes widened when the box opened and a large sucking portal aimed at him.

 

“Shit! When did they make this kind of box?!”

 

He could feel the suction was made with a strong force field. Kairi had strengthened the sealed box with his, Ziphoteninx and Kironinx’s power after he got them. Kairi stares at him with seriousness. He must make the box work and summon the chains from the portal to tie Revioryx.

 

“Not again!” Revioryx roared.

 

Why does everything have to capture him with chains?!

 

Unfortunately, no one can answer him.

0