CHAPTER 113: KING OF GODS
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whose grave did you visit, Brother Shiroi?" Kiroki asked curiously while sucking his right thumb.

 

Shiroi gave a sad smile. He walked towards the living room as he felt Aries and Rafiz had arrived and were heading there. He also answered Kiroki's question.

 

"It was my… My great great great grandmother, Queen Siarah." He told slowly before he felt someone's presence that he really missed a lot.

 

Shiroi's eyes brightened and he ran toward the palace flower garden with Kiroki in his embrace. When they got there, some clear and twinkling wing feathers were falling on the garden. It was a beautiful sight for them.

 

"Woah..." Kiroki gawked and reached for a feather that fell toward him.

 

As for Shiroi, he was searching around the garden with his eyes before he realised the presence was coming from above. So, he looked up.

 

"Brother Shiroi, look! Look!" Kiroki pointed up to the sky. His face was very happy and excited.

 

Same for Shiroi. They both saw someone falling towards them with his wings folded around his body. The wings were the same colour as the feathers around them. That person opened his wings again when he almost fell on them. The wings fluttered before he slowly landed in front of them.

 

The person was a man with short red hair. The same colours go for his eyes. He wore an all-white triple-layer attire with blue lace in the front, around the wrists and on the sides of his trousers. His shoes were white too. Two swords with unique patterned and gold sheaths tucked on either side of his waist.

 

"Father! Welcome home, father!" Shiroi said as he ran towards the man.

 

"Welcome home, Uncle Kairi!" Kiroki said too.

 

The man smiled at them and made his wings disappear.

 

"I'm home, my sweet sons." He picks up them both and kisses Shiroi and Kiroki's hair. 

 

Shiroi and Kiroki chuckled slightly. 

 

"What did the two of you do today? Did you trouble any servants again?" He asked.

 

"No, we didn't."

 

"Not yet, uncle."

 

"Kiroki!"

 

"What?"

 

Kairi chuckled when Kiroki exposed his mischief plan for later.

 

"My beloved?"

 

Kairi looked at Aries who had just arrived there with Rafiz.

 

"Welcome home, Your Majesty," Rafiz bowed respectfully to him.

 

"Rafiz, there's no need to do that. We're not in a formal situation." Kairi complained as he put his child and Rafiz's child down.

 

Then, he walked toward his queen. He grabs her body and kisses her lips for a moment before releasing them. Shiroi and Kiroki make an ‘eww’ sound seeing them kissing. 

 

Kairi, Aries and Rafiz laughed at the sound. Even so, Aries has a bit of redness on her cheeks. She was embarrassed every time Kairi kissed her in front of anyone.

 

"Okay, you two. Go play somewhere and don't trouble the servants again. Understand?" Kairi said to Shiroi and Kiroki.

 

Shiroi and Kiroki nodded before they left. Rafiz shook his head at his son who looked like he was going to disturb the peace of their palace again.

 

"How was your meeting? We haven't seen you for a whole week." Rafiz stopped worrying about what would happen later.

 

Kairi made his complaint. "Not my fault. These angels are becoming so, so lazy! Even a small thing wants me to come and check for them. What the hell do they do with their power then? It was easy as a pie! Because of them, I don't have time to spend with my dear wife and child. My love… I am so sorry… Do you miss me? Because I am." Kairi gave a sensual look at Aries. 

 

He also pulled Aries into his arms again. Aries smacked his chest. 

 

"Oh, you! But… I do miss you... You left me alone for a whole week… You're so cruel." She deliberately sulked and pushed him away from him.

 

Kairi grinned widely. "My love, please forgive me... I'm so sorry, okay?" He kissed her cheeks.

 

"Dear beloved! Stop! Don't you see Rafiz is still here! Be more shy would you!" Aries’ face flushed full red with his teasing and was embarrassed in front of Rafiz.

 

She hit Kairi's shoulder to release her when Kairi trapped her in his embrace. Kairi made a sad face before he grinned mischievously. 

 

He made Aries scream because she was tickled by him. Because of that, Aries hit his head multiple times. Rafiz felt funny seeing their behaviour and avoided seeing it.

 

He sighed. "You guys make me miss my wife too."

 

"So? What are you waiting for? Go back to Atiana's side. You're just bothering me. Shoo! Shoo!" Kairi drives him away with a shooing movement.

 

Rafiz rolled his eyes but didn't object to Kairi's suggestion.

 

"Yes, yes, I'll leave now. And please watch Kiroki for me. He can't sit still if he doesn't visit Shiroi once a day." Rafiz complained about his son's behaviour.

 

Kairi nodded. "Don't worry. Shiroi is there to take care of him. Now, shoo! I want to be alone with my queen now."

 

Rafiz stuck his tongue out at him before walking away. Kairi, on the other hand, teleports himself and his queen from the place. 

 

A lot of things have happened in those ten years. He did die ten years ago but...

 

On the day of Kairi's death...

 

In a majestic and beautiful palace, built in the second-highest sky in the Heaven realm, a man with long red hair was standing rigidly inside a large transparent crystal. Next to him was another man who was also inside a crystal. His hair was black but only short at the level of his neck. 

 

The room they were in was located in a secret place inside the palace where no one knows its location. Moreover, what surrounds the room was the strongest barrier that cannot be entered.

 

The rooms were decorated with colourful crystals. The floor was smooth and shining like someone was always polishing it. But in fact, the floor was not cleaned by anyone even though it was hundreds of years old. 

 

Around the room, there was a sparkling white light that floated and beautified the atmosphere of the room. And, the serenity from the silence of the room satisfied the desires of the two people who were inside their crystals.

 

Time ticked second by second until finally the long-haired man opened his eyes and gasped. He finally woke up after being in the crystal for a long time. The crystal that enclosed him slowly cracked until it shattered and disappeared from view. 

 

The shattered pieces did not injure him and a pair of wings appeared as soon as he was free from the crystal. He didn’t fall but he floated in the air before slowly landing on the shiny floor. He looked around in amazement like he had never been there before.

 

He also stared at another man enclosed inside the crystal next to him. He felt the man was familiar. After thinking about it for so long, memories of his past as an angel a few hundred years ago emerged. He finally remembered what this place was.

 

"Oh... I'm… I’m dead... As a human..." He said in a hoarse voice after not using it for a long time.

 

He touched his neck and healed it so that he could make a voice he used to hear.

 

"Aa... Aa... Okay." He tested.

 

After that, he folded his arms and looked at the man there.

 

"Rafiz is not dead yet. So, he will not return as Kiroki." He thought before letting out a frustrating sound. 

 

He put one hand on his head and spread his hair wildly. Then, he puts both palms on his face before he sobs silently.

 

"Urgh... I miss them..." He whispered while remembering everyone on Earth. 

 

"But I'm no longer Kairi... I'm not human either... I am Shiroi, one of the King of Gods. What should I do...? I want to go back to them again..." Tears slowly trickle down his face.

 

He fell to his knees on the floor and cried out. He felt so lonely there. He wants to see his lover and see their child when she or he was born. He wants to stand beside her and grow old with her while watching their children grow up. He also wanted to see his friends and chat with them again. 

 

Although he has friends in Heaven, Hell and everywhere else, they cannot be compared to his wish to be with his friends on Earth. The memories caused him to fall into grief. It was a long time before he finally calmed down.

 

He wiped away all the remnants of his cries and slapped his face, which likely looked very bad if anyone saw it. After making sure his face was clean and looked calm, he walked toward one direction in the room. When he approached a mirrored wall, he entered it without hesitation. It took him to a palace ground belonging to him and his brother. Immediately, all the angels and special beings, no matter where they were, felt his powerful presence.

 

Santian, Dark Chronos, Andreit, Lisione, Ziphoteninx and Kironinx as well as the other angels sensed him. They all looked at one another with surprised expressions.

 

"Leo, we have to return now. We will handle Revioryx from here on," Santian told Leo, since he felt Leo was the leader of them after Kairi became unavailable.

 

By this time, everyone had moved to Econia since Antonia was no longer fit to be temporarily occupied. Leo nodded his head before he thanked the angels and bowed to them as a sign of respect. Auriga, who was with him, also followed his action.

 

Santian nodded at them. He then looked at Dark Chronos who had moved beside Dark Reammut, who he had no idea that she was Dark Chronos’ lover.

 

“Chronos, you are coming with us.” He sternly said.

 

Dark Chronos flinched. He looked hopeless at Dark Reammut.

 

“I’ll be back soon.”

 

“Where are you going?” Dark Reammut asked with a remnant tear in his eyes.

 

He had cried along with some others when they felt Kairi was dead. Dark Chronos takes a sharp breath. She looked so weak and cute in his eyes but he knew it wasn’t the best situation to tease her. 

 

“I’m going to the Heaven realm for a moment.” 

 

Well, he lied. He might not be able to meet her for a while. A while, which was in five years or ten years…? 

 

He doesn’t know when he will be released after they announce his punishment. He only hopes that Dark Reammut didn’t forget him or leave him for another lover. 

 

Dark Reammut, who didn’t know it, nodded his head. “Come back soon.”

 

“I will.” 

 

Dark Chronos kissed her hair before he turned around and saw the shocked expression of Santian and other angels. He blinks his eyes at them while his face turns red slightly. He forgot that they don’t know that he had a human lover now. 

 

Santian snapped from his shock first. He narrowed his eyes at Dark Chronos and gave him an indication that he wanted to know everything later. Dark Chronos replied with a roll of his eyes at him. Santian growled before he used his power to envelope all the angels and make them vanish from there. Ziphoteninx and Kironinx too were gone along with them since the sealed boxes were in their hands.

 

When they arrived in the Heaven realm, some angels and special beings welcomed them back and congratulated them on their victory of capturing Revioryx. They also were surprised to see Dark Chronos again. 

 

A piece of peaceful music sounded around the Heaven realm. It was telling them to gather in the High Heaven Palace where their King and Queen reside. They all gathered in a large open hall there. Thousands of angels appear and take their place either on the hall surface or in the sky. 

 

Zarikei and Junira appeared soon after on a high podium and sat on their prepared thrones. The thrones were facing all the angels and the special beings there. To the right of Zarikei, there were two more throne chairs. Both were empty of their occupier.

 

Ziphoteninx and Kironinx were confused. Shiroi should have appeared and occupied one of them. They looked at each other and felt worried for him.

 

"Where's King Shiroi?" Lisione asked Andreit beside her.

 

Andreit shrugged. "Don't ask me. I'm not his advisor."

 

Zarikei glanced at Shiroi's throne and after five minutes, Shiroi still didn't show up either. So,  he started a trial about Revioryx's arrest. His eyes went to Dark Chronos who was staring at him with no emotion on his face.

 

Before the trial started, a male angel and a female angel who didn’t see Shiroi, disappeared from the hall. They appear inside Shiroi and Kiroki’s palace area and they have full access to enter it. For the others, they would only be allowed to appear outside the palace gate and not inside. The pair of angels were allowed because they were special to Shiroi and Kiroki.

 

Currently, both of them were walking into a huge chamber and looking for a glimpse of Shiroi in it.

 

"There." The female angel pointed at Shiroi who was sitting facing the outside.

 

He had opened a glass wall window where there was no balcony outside. Only a dead end and anyone without wings might fall if they passed through it. Shiroi's feet were seen dangling down the edge with his head resting against the wall. He doesn't notice the pair's presence until they touch his shoulder gently.

 

"Shiroi...?" They call him softly.

 

Shiroi's body flinched and this was the first time they saw him like this. It bothered them because Shiroi never showed he was unaware of his surroundings before. When Shiroi slowly looked at them, they were startled to see tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

"Oh, Shiroi. What’s wrong?" The female angel hugs Shiroi's head to her chest.

 

Shiroi didn't stop her, instead, raising his hands to hug her back.

 

"Mom..." He said slowly before raising his head to look at the male angel as well. 

 

"Dad..."

 

Zagan hugged the two of them while kissing Shiroi's head. "Why are you crying, Shiroi? What made you so sad? Tell me and your mother." He asked before brushing Shiroi's head.

 

Shiroi closed his eyes. Fina released him and wiped away his tears with a piece of cloth that she summoned out.

 

"Tell mom and dad, Shiroi... What are you sad about? Maybe we could help you." She said to him.

 

Shiroi took a deep breath before he told them everything. Not just that. Because of his identity, it was inappropriate for him to stay on Earth anymore. But, he wishes to return there to be with his family and friends. However, his duty prevented him from doing that. He felt so miserable because of it. Due to these problems, he didn’t come to the trial which was being held in the palace hall. He doesn't want anyone to watch him like this.

 

Zagan and Fina looked at each other. They finally understood their son's problem. They hugged him again before releasing him soon after. Zagan patted his shoulders.

 

"Then go back to their side." He told Shiroi.

 

The latter was surprised and looked at his father. 

 

"But, But dad… My duty… How can I leave?"

 

"Well, what’s the problem? There’s no problem at all if you go back to their side. After all, you can come back here anytime as you are now. You are Kings of Gods. Who would dare to stop you then?" Fina chuckled at his silly son's complicated thoughts.

 

His son was their leader. No one can stop him from doing what he wanted. Not even Zarikei or Junira. And she was sure both had no opinion on stopping Shiroi from seeing his family. 

 

She pulled Shiroi's arm to stand up with her.

 

"Moreover, you have done the greatest task ever to capture Revioryx again. You can have a reward to leave in and out of this place. And rather than you growing a mushroom here, you better go and see your pregnant wife. You have lots of free time it seems." Zagan teased him.

 

Shiroi felt his parent’s words were true enough. Why did he make it so complicated because of his duty as King of Gods? 

 

He still has a way to be with Aries, his child and his friends. When he thinks back, he still doesn’t have a queen who needs to be with him to rule all the angels and the special beings.

 

There was only one problem he needed to take note of. Aries was a human and not an angel. Not only that, Aries was likely to be looked down upon by all the female angels who felt she was unfit as their queen. 

 

The problem did occur once for Zarikei but Zarikei ignored it and still chose Junira as his queen. However, Junira was an angel and not a human being. The issue died down after a few months of Zarikei living happily with Junira. 

 

But, what about Aries who was a human being? 

 

He became restless and depressed again. He worried for her life or forced her to bear the jealousy of other female angels later on.

 

"What’s wrong with you now?" Zagan raised one eyebrow at his son.

 

"Dad, I don't want to marry any angel other than my current wife. But the problem is that she is a human and not an angel. What if there are angels who are jealous of her and attack her? I can't protect her at all times." Shiroi told them his worries.

 

Zagan and Fina made a frustrating sigh. Does their son ever understand his powerful identity?

 

"Shiroi, you are the King of Gods. No one would dare to step on you if they don’t want to feel your wrath. As for your wife, Aries, she would only suffer a little from their words but she just needs to ignore them. The problem with her as your wife will die down sooner or later. So, stop worrying about it.” Fina scolded him.

 

"Oh... Right... Erm... Okay, I'm going back to Earth again. Mom, dad, thank you for scolding me and made me realise how stupid I am." Shiroi hugged them both tightly and thanked them so much for staying and comforting him.

 

He moved backwards and let himself fall from the open window. Zagan and Fina watch him with smiles on their lips.

 

"Don't forget to visit us! And tell Kiroki, mom and dad love and miss him too!" Fina shouted at him.

 

"Okay!" Shiroi replied as his body plummeted down fast into the cloudy sky.

 

He was gone afterwards.

0