Choices
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Alex came back to his home after a few minutes, he is feeling very shocked by the things he has done right now, the fact that he assisted in the killing of someone, and the fact that he was carrying the task like it was nothing and just an easy and legal job, but even in this city killing a man is classified as murder and he means punishment in jail. This city is named Ruby City, but he also is known as Criminal City by The inhabitants of this city, because the whole city is full of criminals, which would make even America jealous.

  Alex goes upstairs to his apartment, and when he was about to reach the floor where the apartment where he lives is, someone calls him, he answers the call, and that someone tells him in Japanese, which makes Alex think that is one of the Yakuza who wants a job to lead the leader to another destination and participate in the killing of another person. But, this call was something different from what he was expecting.

    "Anata wa Arekkusu Rodorigesu-sandesu ka?"

    "What?" says Alex after he enters the house he is living in for a few days since he arrives in Ruby City.

    "Oh, sorry. I forgot you do not speak Japanese." says the guy whose voice does not sound like the one of Minoru. "Anyway, I have heard you are working for the minster Minoru, am I right?"

    "Yes."

    "Great. Now, do you know who I am?"

    "No. I do not know who you are, but you sound like a yakuza, so you must be a yakuza am I right?"

    "Just because I sound like a Japanese does not mean I am a yakuza, you Mexican... Anyway, what I wanted from you does not include killing someone. What I wanted from you is to talk."

    "Talk. About what?"

    "About a revolt."

    "Revolt? Against who? The President?"

    "No, no, no, not him. We will attack him the next Wednesday. We wanted to destroy the Yakuza gang, but to do that we need some information. And tomorrow in the morning we need you to come into the biker territory."

      "This city represents a biker territory? I thought this possible in rural zones!"

    "Never believe the myths, you newbie. Anyway, we will see you there."

    "But what would happen if I do not come?"

    "Then we will kill you. Goodbye."

      The phone call that Alex ended and Alex tosses the phone on the couch, puts his hands on his head, sighs, and thinks about what to do from now on. Today has been a difficult day for him, but what he did today made him disgusted that he came to this city, a place where it is harder than the city where he lived for twenty years with a father worker, a frail mother, and an older brother who is dead because of drugs and alcohol. Alex was thinking about the choices he has right now, the first one means to betray the Yakuza clan and to go to that meeting, which could result in a fate much worse than that old man had a few minutes ago, or if he is not going to that meeting, he will probably be killed by that man who called him. So... Alex thinks the first choice is a bad one, and the second is a good one, but on the other hand... Alex does not really know the man who called him and he could probably be something important in this Ruby City. Alex had a third solution, and that was suicide. If he hangs himself in his bedroom or throws himself out of the window, then all of his problems will be solved, but people close to him will be extremely sad, depressed, and disappointed in him. This third decision will be used only when there is nothing left for you to do.

    After a few more minutes of thinking, his cousin Chris enters the house and saw Alex being sad and depressed. His cousin tells Alex, looking frustrated and sad.

    "What's wrong, my cousin?"

    "Hi, Chris!" says Alex to his cousin when he sits on his right side. "Well... Everything."

    "What do you mean, you do not like the job?"

    "No, not that... Is... Look, I arrived here and I already made a few contacts with bad people, with some car stealers, drug dealers, counterfeit makers, and with a few yakuza members."

    "Yakuza?!" shouts his cousin being much scarier than his cousin, he gets off the couch and he is walking panicked in circles. "Shit! Shit! SHIT! We are dead! Fucked! And probably food for his alligator!"

    "You know him?" asks Alex because Chris said something about an alligator which means that he knows very well the yakuza gang in Ruby City.

    "Of course I know him. He is the one who killed my boss a few years ago. If it wasn't for him, I would have been in a cell and making out with a criminal this night. But, how do you know them? D-Do not tell me they have called you or I have to pay taxes to them?!"

      "No, they- Wait! What was the last part?!"

    "Taxes?"

      "You paid for them!"

      "They helped me to gain that restaurant and work there!"

    "Oh, shit!..." says Alex to his cousin while he stopped moving and looked at the window just to be sure he is not watched by one of their spies, even though nobody is watching at them.

      "What they made you do?"

      "... Drive them to the docks where they have... thrown an old man into the ocean." says Alex feeling ashamed of himself and his actions. And now, I got called by someone who told me to go to the biker territory and to start a revolution against those Yakuza."

    Chris, shocked, returns to Alex, to whom he asks a question.

  "Who said he called you?"

  "Huh?" asks Alex." Um... A Japanese guy who told me to go to the biker territory."

  "... Alex... The guy who called you he is Hajima, and that guy... Were the ones who owned the Yakuza and that guy... He is also a Minoru father."

  "H-How do you know this?"

  "Because his father was the one who helped me for free and let me take this apartment. That guy was much nicer than that fucker who is now controlling the yakuza... You should go there, cousin."

    "By alone What if he will be a trap?"

    "Who said you are going alone there?" says Chris who is opening one of the drawers who are located under his TV, and takes from there an MP-5. "We are going there just to talk."

    Alex, seeing the gun that his cousin owns, began to feel very panicked, stressed, and insecure about the decisions he made. Right now he wishes he had stayed in his hometown and led a decent life as a man with a false identity.

0