Chapter 3
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goblins came quickly but I moved quicker. I could not allow myself to get boxed in, that would be a death sentence. Instead I moved to cover behind another car, the three monsters went to the seat I had just left. They found nothing, if I could describe a monster's emotions I would certainly say that the goblins were confused. But not only that, now they were on high alert. They were evidently more cautious in their movement and never strayed too far from one another. The same strategy wouldn’t work again. I held the makeshift blade firmly in my hand and slowly crept around the car. Once I struck there would be no stopping until either the goblins or I were dead. 

The scratching sound grew closer once more, it was about to round the corner, another goblin no more than 10 meters away. As the goblins' small gray body came into view I stabbed forward with the blade. It pierced the creature's stomach and what I supposed passed for blood spurted out. The goblin let out a choked yell before I brought the blade up into its chest. A loud shriek came from behind me, blade still in hand. I spun around and caught the goblin midair with the back of my hand. The goblin went flying, carried by my strike until it slammed into the adjacent car with a loud thunk. I stood up and moved towards the thing. Standing above it I threw a kick at its head, it connected and the goblins head slammed against the car. After stomping on it a few more times I surveyed the area. My ears strained but I could not hear the scratching, my eyes unblinking but I was still unable to see it. 

Then suddenly I heard a crash from the other side of the road. My head swiveled to face the noise when 

wack I was hit in the back of the head. I was sent tumbling to the ground. I gazed upwards to see the goblin with the cloth. It was slightly bulkier than the others and instead of holding rusty blades like the others, this one held a wooden club.

The goblin swung the weapon down and I managed to roll out of the way just in time. After nearly falling over from dizziness I managed to struggle to my feet. The world was swaying around me and the goblin stood ahead.

What should I do? What should I do? I can barely stand, let alone fight and this goblin is clearly smarter and stronger than the others. 

Interrupting my train of thought the goblin swung its club down at my head, clearly trying to finish the job. My disorientation helped me to get out of the way but only just, I heard the club whoosh past my ear and felt the air it moved with it. Now that the club was out of the way I swung at it with my knife. At least at the time I thought I did. After my swing I realized my hand was empty. 

Shit! Must’ve dropped it after getting hit.

The goblin surely discovered I didn't have my blade at that time because I swear I saw the bastard smile. It was not the sort of smile you like to see either, almost predatory and full of sharp yellow teeth.It swung the club sideways and caught me in my side. As the club smashed into me I grabbed hold of it and fell to the ground. As I did so, wresting control of the weapon out of the goblins hands. The goblin now didn’t have a weapon but was above me. I tried kicking it away with my legs but it easily passed by, now on top of me it was going for my throat, its jaw was snapping open and shut and it took all my strength to keep the monster from sinking its teeth in. Spit from its mouth fell to my face and I turned away, catching sight of the blade I had used earlier my hand fumbled around for it. After what felt like an eternity I grabbed hold of it. I stabbed at the goblins' throat. Once, twice, three times did I swing the blade into and out of the goblins neck before it finally exploded to nothingness.

 

Congratulations! You have defeated 2 ‘Goblin(s)’ and 1 ‘Goblin Captain’.

-60 EXP has been awarded to you.

-12 Gold has been awarded to you.

You have looted 1 ‘Weak Club’ from ‘Goblin Captain’.

You have looted 1 ‘Captain’s Band’ from ‘Goblin Captain’.

1