Chapter 4
31 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The silence of the room resembled Leen from the Head Instructor's request.

[ You have been requested by ‘Edward Spercer’ to be his disciple. Do you accept? ]

Leen was tired mentally and physically as she stared at the eyes of the wide-smiling Instructor.

"Come on, strong young lass, it's a one-time opportunity to be my disciple. It's not everyday I ask a person to be my disciple, so how about it?"

Leen's rosy lips slowly opened as she asked.

"...why?… "

The Instructor, still smiling, stared at Leen and said.

"You have great potential, young lass. I mean, I can see that this is your first time holding a sword, much less fighting, but you avoided my techniques and even somehow dodged one of my greatest, so how about it?"

Leen thought about the Instructor's words in concern, she thought to herself.

‘Is that enough for me to be his disciple? It's luck that made me survive his last attack, I should explain it’

Leen's rosy lips opened slowly like a flower as she said.

"...I was just lucky…I used a gamble skill to…avoid your attack… "

"Luck is a skill too, and if you think otherwise, don't you think the gods have destined us to be master and disciple? I'll ask again to be my disciple."

The instructor asked again as he let out a golden aura from his body.

[ You have witnessed The Hero's Aura ]

[ stats have greatly increased ]

Was the notification to all the players watching the unbelievable scene.

[ ‘Edward Spercer, a 4th generation hero', has asked you to be his disciple. Do you accept? ]

[ Accepting the Instructor's request will give you ]

There were exciting benefits presented to Leen as she thought about it, but the one that caught her eye the most was.

[ Class change to Rare Class ‘Poise Duelist’ ]

Which was very eye-catching.

Leen weighed the benefits and didn't see anything bad or negative.

"...ok…"

"That's what I wanted to hear now, my disciple. What's your name?"

"...Leen… "

"Edward Specer, and it's my pleasure to be you're master."

Edward held out his right hand towards Keen for a handshake, and Leen softly grasped his hand and shook it, then said.

"...as do I… master… "

[ You are now ‘Edward Spencer's’ disciple ]

[ Rewards will be given shortly ]

The players, who were silently watching the whole thing unfold, started to whisper.

"Eh? What the f*ck just happened?"

"Yeah, what the f*ck?"

"Am I dreaming?"

"Did she save a person in her past life?"

"A disciple of a hero..."

"I'm envious."

The whispers turned into a commotion after Leen and Edward left the training room and Felicite, who tagged along with them to another room, realized.

"Oh my, Mademoiselle, I think it's time for me to depart. My job as being your guide was a memorable experience, but sadly I need to guide other people that have been blessed by the gods to their starting path."

Felicite smiled warmly and said, While bowing."

Leen looked at Felicite, who had been with her the whole day.

With her black pearl eyes staring warmly at Felicite, she opened her rosy lips and said.

"...let's meet again sometime… "

Felicite stared back at Leen's warm eyes and said.

"It would be my pleasure."

[ Affinity with ‘Felicite Le Fer’ has increased by 30 ]

After the notification rang, Felicite walked towards the window, but Edward, who had been silently listening to the two, said to Felicite.

"Hey, guide lady, ask a guard to take you to the carriage lot, and ask a coachman there to take you to your destination."

Felicite looked back and bowed at the instructor's words.

"As you say, monsieur instructor,"

After Felicity left, the only ones left in the room were Leen and Edward.

"It would seem that my wife is coming here."

"??"

Leen looked at the Instructor with a stupefied expression from his sudden declaration.

Then a sound came from above the room.

"DARRRRLLLIINNNG!!! Crash! "

As if it had been hit by artillery, a giant hole appeared on the roof.

Leen coughed as the dust from the explosion entered her lungs.

"Where is the enemy? Don't tell me Avarice came back?"

"Darling, calm down, there's no enemy."

"Huh?"

The woman who came crashing down wore a confused face from Edward's words.

"Then why did you use Hero's Aura?"

Leen, who had been coughing, stopped and, with red eyes from the dust, looked at the couple.

"Her"

Edward pointed at Leen.

"Her?"

"She's my disciple from now on, Sai."

"..."

Leen and Sai stared at each other till Sai chanted.

"Seasons Eye"

Sai stared at Leen's stats and was surprised by her stats.

"You're weak, but you have potential. I can see why, darling, made you his disciple."

"See, darling, and don't worry; I don't just take anyone as my disciple."

"We'll see."

Sai said as she began to walk out of the door.

"Due to using your Hero's Aura, I thought we were being attacked and rushed here. I told my students to be ready in case we needed reinforcements, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Don't use your aura all willy nilly and let's talk about this later in the morning. Bye darling."

"Yes, Sai, I'll keep that in mind."

The couple waved goodbye to each other as Sai went back to her students.

"Now then, Leen, let's continue this tomorrow morning. I need to finish my visit around the facility tonight and it's almost midnight. "

Leen softly nodded at Edward's words as he began to walk out the door too.

"Oh, and if you don't have a place to stay for tonight, we have rooms for guests. Use it if you like, just show them this. "

Edward threw a pendant at Leen.

[ You received ‘Pendant of the Spercer Family ]

It was an exhausting day for Leen. Events were happening non-stop in succession, and she desperately needed some breathing room.

Leen asked the maids who came in to clean the ruined room. They treated her respectfully and guided her to the guest room, Edward told her.

The bed was simple yet classy, the decorations were simple but beautiful, and the bed was soft, softer than what she had in real life.

Leen lay down on the white bed and closed her eyes for a few seconds.

"..."

It felt like her mind became clearer after a few seconds of alone time, enough for her to feel comfortable.

After a minute of silence, she decided to look at her stats.

"...status…"

Then a window showing her stats appeared.

 


Name: Leen

Level: 24

 

HP: 640

MP: 2400

 

STR: 80

INT: 240

AGL: 85

DEX: 40

STM: 40

 

PHY. DEF:40

MGC. DEF:40

 

Available stat points: 0

 

Special Stats:

 

Poise: 10

 

Description: Any action deemed graceful, elegant, and/or perfect will have extra effects.

 

Title:

 

Disciple of Edward Spercer: Improve your reputation in the Kingdom of Fron, but beware: enemies of your master may target you.

 

Plutetia City's Promising Newbie: Makes you receive more quests in Plutetia

Death's Friend: Death has been chasing you for too long and has become your friend. Reduce your death penalty by 10%.

 

Class: Poise Duelist

 

Trait Skills:

 

Opportunist Damage: your hybrid damage turns into physical or magical damage based on the opponent's lowest defence and turns 30% of your hybrid damage the enemy receives into true damage.

 

Duel Lv. 1: When fighting a single enemy, stats increase by 10%. However, if you lose against another duelist, the death penalty will increase by 1000%.

 

Point Swordsmanship Lv. 1: Increases the damage of your single target attacks by 20%.

 

Moonlight's Blessing (low) (From Weapon): Increases damage by 10% wherever the moonlight shines.

 

Active Skills:

 

Stab Lv. 1: Stabs the enemy in front of you, dealing 110% of your physical damage.

CD: 10 seconds

 

Slash Lv. 1: Slash the enemy 3 meters in front of you, dealing 90% of your physical damage.

CD: 16 seconds

 

Point Shot Lv. 1: stabs the enemy in front of you and releases condense mana at the tip of your sword dealing 80% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stat combined.

 

Mana: 600

CD: 30 minutes

 

Point Dodge Lv. 1: Dodge all incoming attacks in the next 0.4 seconds by lunging forward and enchanting your next single target hybrid attack with 60% of your strength and intelligence stat.

 

Mana: 400

CD: 1 hour

 

Point Barrage Lv.1: Stabs a single or multiple enemies in quick succession, dealing 60% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stats combined. The current number of stabs is ten.

 

Mana: 1200

CD: 2 hours

 

Point Lunge Lv.1: Lunge at the enemy, stunning them for 0.1 to 0.3 seconds and stabbing the enemy for 100% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stats combined.

 

Mana: 1800

CD: 1 hour and 30 minutes

 

Moonlight Flash (From Weapon): Using the moonlight essence, increase your next attack by 10%.

Mana: 300

CD: 1 minute

 

Fated to Live : There is a 30% chance to unconditionally dodge a deadly attack in the next second.

 

CD: 3 hours

 

Items Equipped: Lunar Star Rapier (Mass Production), White Tunic


Leen was speechless at the amount of information that appeared.

5