Chapter 5
32 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laya logged out shortly after checking her stats.

 

Time in the capsule was slowed by 3 times, so when she came back it was already time for lunch.

 

She went down to the kitchen and saw only her mother, as her father was out working.

 

They both prepared the tables and began to eat, and in the middle of the meal, her mother asked.

 

"How was it? Did you have fun, dear? "

 

Laya’s eyes were wide as she strongly nodded.

 

"Is it that much fun? Well, just don’t stay up late, ok dear? "

 

Laya softly nodded in reply.

 

...

 

Laya returned to the game, and it was already morning because she took care of some personal matters before going in.

 

She spawned laying on the bed staring at the ceiling, closing her eyes for a few seconds, enjoying the bed's soft fluff.

 

Shortly, she went outside and met a group of maids.

 

"Good morning, mademoiselle disciple. Monsieur chef instructeur told us to tell you to go to the Spercer Family mansion."

 

They all respectfully bowed down low towards Leen.

 

And Leen silently nodded back in return as she slowly opened her lips and asked.

 

"...where is the carriage lot"

 

She thought she could use the pendent given to have a free ride to a place she didn’t know where.

 

 

It was a rainy night and a small, feminine boy was listening to his father’s adventure story at the front of the fireplace.

 

"And then I saw a purple tree that dropped petals like felt sticky when touched, only found in the depths of the golden frog swamp, and the friend I was with came to me and explained. He said,

 

"This fits the description of a purple honey tree. They said each of its leaves is edible and tastes sweet."

 

"Woah really? Did you taste it, daddy? "

 

The feminine little boy asked with eyes full of expectations.

 

"Of course, after my friend tested it, I went and put ten in my mouth at once, hahaha"

 

"Did it taste sweet?"

 

"Very"

 

"Woah! I want to join you, Daddy, on an adventure and eat sweet leaves too. "

 

He declared, with her eyes glistening with innocence.

 

"Maybe when you grow up, but for now, how about receiving your father's gift. Here I saved this for you."

 

The father handed the child purple leaves wrapped in clean white cloth.

 

"Daddy, is that it? Is that the sweet leaves? "

 

The kid jumped in joy, seeing the actual thing.

 

"Of course and here, take it, it’s yours."

 

The kid danced in pure joy as the father cheerfully laughed.

 

The sound of happiness and innocence faded along the burnt ashes. The feminine boy who was jumping in pure joy was fast asleep inside his father’s warm arms, with his cute little fingers strongly clinging on the white cloth.

 

With eyes full of worry that it looked like it was about to shed tears, the father gently put his son on his bed in a different room. He went out of the room shortly after.

 

A man who looked like the father came up to the father.

 

"Brother, I’m going to be direct. Don’t leave."

 

The air of the room turned a dark shade from the slowly burning fireplace.

 

"Ave you know I cant do that"

 

"I know you’re going to say that."

 

"I’m sorry, but I can't let this chance go."

 

"You do know that if it fails, Avigail is going to grow up without a father."

 

The boy’s father stopped at his brother Ave’s words, then continued.

 

"Oh, right, he already did-"

 

Crash! 

 

The boy’s father punched the nearest wall, making some decorations hanging from it fall.

 

"Stop, you’re words. I’m doing the best I can here. It's for the good of the kingdom."

 

"The best? The Kingdom? You weren’t even at your wife’s funeral and now you’re saying you’re doing your best. "

 

"Why won't you understand?" I was in the west of the continent doing my job. "

 

"Don’t they have transportation magic there? Then why didn’t you come back home."

 

"It’s because they didn’t allow personal circumstances to affect the mission."

 

"If there are many adventurers other than you, then why? You’re a captain, aren’t you? Then why?"

 

The father stopped for a second before ignoring his brother’s words as he put up his adventurer gear and went outside into the pouring rain.

 

With the questions left unanswered, he left.

 

Days passed and the adventure group of the feminine boy’s father was periodically sending back letters, but as every week they seemed to be receiving the letters late, then the periodic turned to uncertain, then sometimes, then rare, until the group of the boy’s father stopped sending altogether.

 

Tears and years past, the feminine little boy turned into a feminine young man.

 

"Hey there, Avigail, can you help me transfer these boxes?"

 

With a cute voice fit for his feminine face and body, he answered.

 

"Of course, madame baker."

 

"Oh my, what a dependable girl you are."

"I’m a man, madame baker, please don’t forget that."

 

"Oh my, are you sure?"

 

"Yes, now please tell me where they are."

 

"My heavens, my eyes must be getting old, Oh my. The boxes are over there to your left, young man."

 

"Yes"

 

Avigail then followed the old baker’s advice and went to get the boxes. His body might be small, but he’s strong enough due to his level to lift boxes without problems, but then.

 

"Hey kid, what do you think you’re doing stealing my cargo in plain sight?"

 

"Huh?"

 

Avigail was baffled by the man’s words.

 

"These are the madame baker's boxes, not your cargo."

 

Avigail’s reply confused the man.

 

"Kid, are you blind? Why would a baker need iron ore? "

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Avigail opened the boxes to see iron ore’s

 

"..."

 

"See? Kid, are you stupid? Now get out of here before I call the guards on you. "

 

The man annoyingly threatened.

 

"Yes."

 

Avigail went to get back to the old lady where his carriage was.

 

Avigail’s uncle, the one who replaced his dead parents, was a coach man. Avigail, concerned about not contributing, asked his uncle about being a coach man and earning money to help, but sadly,

 

 

"Oh no, I got lost again."

 

He is a directionally challenged individual.

 

"Hey, kid! Where are you? "

 

Avigail heard the woman’s voice and followed it back to the carriage.

 

"Where did you go to? You suddenly disappeared. "

 

"I’m sorry, madame baker."

 

"Well, anyway, some guards heard me when I was shouting to find you and kindly asked them to put the boxes on the carriage"

 

"..."

 

Avigail remained silent from the old baker’s explanation until he jumped to the driver's seat.

 

"Now let’s go to the bakery, kid."

 

"Yes madame baker, heya!"

 

Avigail whipped the reins of the horse and they took off.

 

"Hey kid, that’s the wrong direction!"

 

"I’m sorry."

5