Chapter 6
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long, long day, mostly spent on getting lost, Avigail went home after a few tries, late.

 

The clock tower’s bell had already been rung when he woke up.

 

Avigail looked out of his window and saw the sun already up in the sky, making him startled.

 

He finished his self-care needs as fast as he could and went to the carriage house where his horse and carriage were.

 

"Hey kid, you’re late."

 

"I know, monsieur manager, I’m sorry."

 

"Well, you’re assigned to the basic training facility. Go there quick. We’re short on available carriages today. Many blessed by the gods, people just appeared. If you meet one, be sure to up the price. You got that kid?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Well go now, you’re already late."

 

"Yes!"

 

Avigail went on and took off.

 

 

in the same morning.

 

"...where is the carriage lot?.."

 

Leen asked the group of maids

 

"Just go straight and turn left by the statue holding an orc lord’s head. There is a door there directly to the carriage lot."

 

The maids bowed, and so did Leen.

 

Leen followed the miad's words, walking down the decoration-filled hall and turning left by the man holding an orc lord’s head, and went to the door.

 

Leen walked out under the morning sunlight and saw the only available carriage there.

 

 

Avigail arrived at the lot and found that there was no one there but him.

 

"It looks like a new batch of people blessed by the gods have finished their training."

 

He jumped down from the carriage to fetch some hay for his horse, and when he returned, he saw a young woman holding a rapier.

 

He quickly dropped the hay he was holding and went to the young woman.

 

"Hello there, mademoiselle, Are you perhaps looking for a carriage? "

 

The young woman silently nodded as she showed a golden pendant.

 

It had a sword with flower petals delicately designed.

 

"A family pendant of the Spercer family"

 

Avigail quickly lowly bowed when he saw the pendant, as any mistake could have had him killed.

 

"I sincerely apologize for my impolite behavior."

Beads of sweat ran down his neck as he tried not to pass out.

 

"Sh*t, being involved in nobility in any way is a bad idea’

 

The woman stared at him before saying.

 

‘...bring me to the Spercer family mansion…’

 

"Yes, mademoiselle, as you wish."

 

The woman hopped on the carriage as he whipped the horse reins as they took off.

 

They drove on a highway big enough to fit five carriages at once.

 

The warm sun turned into an irritating heat as they drove for 3 hours... then four... then five...

 

As every minute passed, Avigail was sweating bullets, not knowing what to do.

 

He clearly knew where the Spercer Family Mansion was. It was near the inner core of the city along with the other family mansions, but as he drove, the beautiful city was deteriorating by the street.

 

‘Why is the air getting gloomier here? The inner city I know doesn’t have houses this unkempt.

 

The longer he drove, the more and more it became obvious.

 

"Sh*t, this is the slum. I’m going to get myself killed!" I went in the wrong direction. What am I going to do? ’

 

Crash!

 

As Avigail was panicking, a loud crash caught the two’s attention.

 

Then a man's shouting was heard.

 

"You b*tch! Come back here, you little runt! I’m going to kill you. "

 

The panicked Avigail panicked even more.

 

"NGGHHLLPPPP!"

 

A woman with a bag of cloth covering her face, running towards them, called out begging sounds.

 

Avigail didn’t want anything to do with the situation that was beginning to turn the carriage and dip when.

 

"Mademoiselle!, What are you doing? "

 

The woman drew her sword and went out of the carriage.

 

 

Leen, who had been silently riding Avigail’s carriage for the past 5 hours, suddenly got a notification after hearing a loud crash and saw a woman with a bag of cloth on covering her head and arms tied with a rope.


[ A hidden quest appeared! ]

 

[ A mysterious woman is being chased and asking for your help! Do you accept? ]

 

Mysterious runaway!

 

Difficulty: B

 

Description: A mysterious woman is being chased by a mysterious man. Help her or help the man.

 

Rewards: ???

 

Quest completion:

 

Help the running woman or help the chasing man.


Looking at the situation, only an idiot wouldn't have guessed what is happening.

 

Leen quickly drew her sword and went to the running woman.

 

Leen noticed the place where the eyes are covered by the cloth seemed to glow and gave her déjà vu, but quickly erased the thought.

 

She went in front of the woman as they passed each other, and when they did, the woman collapsed like a broken doll.

 

The ‘girl’ coachman was clearly startled at the development and went to help the collapsed woman.

 

Then the chasing man appeared before her.

 

"Hey! Missie! Don’t get involved! "

 

He shouted, full of rage.

 

"If you do, I’ll kill you!"

 

The man had a busted left eye, but his big body made the blood flowing from his eye increase his scary look.

 

Leen recalled the stance of Edward when they sparred and roughly copied it.

 

The man, getting angrier by the second, was on his boiling point and took out a morning star with a giant ball and spikes.

 

[The Duel Trait has been activated!You are fighting a single enemy! Stats increased by 10%]

 

"..put 200 available stat points on intelligence and 40 on strength…"

[ Mana has greatly increased! ]

 

[ You’re mana core expanded rapidly! ]

 

[ Mana regeneration has temporarily increased by 50% in the next minute ]

 

[Strength has significantly increased]

 

[ You’re muscle has hardened]

 

[ Health regeneration has temporarily increased by 50% in the next minute ]

 

"??"

 

The man holding a morning star was briefly startled but soon regained his composure, because he knew he was stronger than the woman in front of him.

 

Leen looked at the man's head. There was a red name and level above him.

 

‘Heartray Yoks Lv. 50’

 

The man took the initiative and cast a skill.

 

"Powered Smash!"

 

The man was fast even though he was big and using a giant morning star, but Leen dodged his attack. Though it was fast, Edwards' attack was faster even though he limited his stats to match hers.

 

Leen observed the man.

 

The place of impact where the man was stuck was cracked. He retrieved the mace to hit again, but he was slow, and this was enough info to guess that the man is like a cannon, hitting hard but reloading slowly.

 

With enough info at hand, she dealt her first attack.

 

"...slash!.."

 

She swept her blade at the man and, though without touching him directly, he got cut by her.

 

[ You’re ‘Slash’ has dealt 71 physical damage ]

 

"Aargh! you little twerp."

 

The enraged man picked up his weapon and he spun it.

 

"Power Spin!"

 

Much faster than the first. She leaned so much to avoid it that she almost tripped.

 

Leen dodged the skill and counter-attacked.

 

"moonlight flash, stab"

 

Her rapier glowed blue as she stabbed the man in the spot where she hit him before.

[ You're stab dealt 235 physical damage ]

 

The man screamed again and, with eyes blood red, tried to hit Leen with his giant mace, but like a fly, Leen kept dodging the man's attack and counter attacking.

 

[ You’re basic attack dealt 186 physical damage ]

 

[ You’re basic attack dealt 175 physical damage ]

 

The man hasn’t been able to hit Leen at least once.

 

Seeing the bloodied man scream in pain, Avigail could only look from afar in fright.

 

‘Sh*t I can’t hit her’

 

With bloody eyes, he stared at Leen’s feet.

 

‘I need to make her stop moving’

 

The man raised his mace as if he was about to hit her again, but instead of trying to hit her, he closed up their distance.

 

Leen's eyes grew wide when she saw the man charging at her. Though he came close, he was holding a giant mace. Being too close to an enemy would not only make his attacks using the mace weaken greatly with his low agility, but he would be a target for the fast Leen.

 

The man didn’t stop closing in, making Leen take a step back then.

 

"Rock Wall"

 

The startled Leen figured out what he was trying to do, but she was a step late.

 

From below her, a wall made of earth erected and threw her up into the air, making her unable to do anything.

 

[ You have been knocked up ]

 

She could only stare at the man as he took a step back and readied a charged blow.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

"NO!"

 

Avigail's plea couldn’t stop the impending doom that was about to come to Leen when.

 

"point dodge"

 

"What!"

 

Leen lunged forward towards the man, passing through his attack as she chanted another skill.

 

"point shot"

 

[ You’re ‘Point Shot’ dealt 653 hybrid damage ]

 

[ You’re hybrid damage is turned into magic damage by the skill ‘Opportunist Damage’ ]

[ 30% of the magic damage dealt is turned into true damage ]

 

[ The enemy received too much damage in a short amount of time and had been stunned for 2 seconds ]

 

Leen ignored the notifications and used another skill.

 

"point barrage"

 

The man was hit by strands of light ten times and quickly turned to ash along with his screams.

 

[ You have defeated ‘Heartray Yoks’ ]

 

[ You have leveled up ]

 

[ You have leveled up ]

 

 

PN: Sorry it took me a while because I made the fight scene like a battle scene scenario in DnD, so yeah, ‘ Heartray Yoks’ status is below. Oh and Leen's stats while fighting so you dont need to reread it

 


Name: Heartray Yoks

 

Lv.50

 

HP:1450

MP:900

 

STR:150

INT:90

AGL:40

DEX:20

STM:100

PHY.DEF:60

MGC.DEF:40

 

Traits:

 

Beserk: When Hp is below 30% Strength and agility increase by 100% but all Defense is Lessen by 50%

 

Rage: When hit the Rage bar Increases (6/10) With every rage Strength increase by 3% max is 30%

 

Skills:

 

Power Smash Lv.2: Empower your basic attacks for 20 seconds, Increase basic damage by 20%

 

CD: 1 minute

 

Power Spin Lv.1: Spin once with you’re weapon dealing 90% of you’re damage and stunning the enemy for 1 second.

 

CD: 18 seconds

 

Rock Wall Lv.1: stomp your feet in-front of you and erect a rock wall the same height as you that absorbs damage proportional to you’re Hp and Phy.Def.

 

Mana: 400

CD: 30 minutes

 

Bull Charge lv.1: Charge like a bull at the enemy dealing 1000% of you’re strength stat.

 

Mana: 600

CD: 3 hours

 



Name:Morning star (Giant)(Mass Produced)

 

Rank: Normal

Atk: 120-245

 

Description:Forged in mass this weapon is like any other but base on its price and performance it’s on the quality side compared to others.



Name: Leen

Level: 24

 

HP: 640

MP: 2400

 

STR: 80

INT: 240

AGL: 85

DEX: 40

STM: 40

 

PHY. DEF:40

MGC. DEF:40

 

Available stat points: 0

 

Special Stats:

 

Poise: 10

 

Description: Any action deemed graceful, elegant, and/or perfect will have extra effects.

Available Stat Points: 10

Title:

 

Disciple of Edward Spercer: Improve your reputation in the Kingdom of Fron, but beware: enemies of your master may target you.

 

Plutetia City's Promising Newbie: Makes you receive more quests in Plutetia

Death's Friend: Death has been chasing you for too long and has become your friend. Reduce your death penalty by 10%.

 

Class: Poise Duelist

 

Trait Skills:

 

Opportunist Damage: your hybrid damage turns into physical or magical damage based on the opponent's lowest defence and turns 30% of your hybrid damage the enemy receives into true damage.

 

Duel Lv. 1: When fighting a single enemy, stats increase by 10%. However, if you lose against another duelist, the death penalty will increase by 1000%.

 

Point Swordsmanship Lv. 1: Increases the damage of your single target attacks by 20%.

 

Moonlight's Blessing (low) (From Weapon): Increases damage by 10% wherever the moonlight shines.

 

Active Skills:

 

Stab Lv. 1: Stabs the enemy in front of you, dealing 110% of your physical damage.

CD: 10 seconds

 

Slash Lv. 1: Slash the enemy 3 meters in front of you, dealing 90% of your physical damage.

CD: 16 seconds

 

Point Shot Lv. 1: stabs the enemy in front of you and releases condense mana at the tip of your sword dealing 80% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stat combined.

 

Mana: 600

CD: 30 minutes

 

Point Dodge Lv. 1: Dodge all incoming attacks in the next 0.4 seconds by lunging forward and enchanting your next single target hybrid attack with 60% of your strength and intelligence stat.

 

Mana: 400

CD: 1 hour

 

Point Barrage Lv.1: Stabs a single or multiple enemies in quick succession, dealing 60% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stats combined. The current number of stabs is ten.

 

Mana: 1200

CD: 2 hours

 

Point Lunge Lv.1: Lunge at the enemy, stunning them for 0.1 to 0.3 seconds and stabbing the enemy for 100% hybrid damage of your strength and intelligence stats combined.

 

Mana: 1800

CD: 1 hour and 30 minutes

 

Moonlight Flash (From Weapon): Using the moonlight essence, increase your next attack by 10%.

Mana: 300

CD: 1 minute

 

Fated to Live : There is a 30% chance to unconditionally dodge a deadly attack in the next second.

 

CD: 3 hours

 

Items Equipped: Lunar Star Rapier (Mass Production), White Tunic


 

2