Chapter 123: Housewarming!
253 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mmn~! So fluffy~!" [Yuna]

A lengthy squeal resounded in the living room as a silver-haired elf cuddled with four furballs. A smile was plastered on her face as she enjoyed the warmth and comfort provided by them.

The furballs were none other than the familiars which were on their wolf pup forms. Yuna was enjoying a wonderful morning with them in their new home, sprawling on the sofa without much care in the world.

Waking up to an unfamiliar ceiling, in an unfamiliar room, and in an unfamiliar house, Yuna felt a little strange. Add on to the fact that her portrait was displayed parallel to the bed, her energy was quickly drained by embarrassment. She is currently replenishing her energy by cuddling with the familiars.

As for Grey, he was sitting in front of Yuna, painting yet another portrait of her. With his "Divine Mind", it only takes him a single glance to remember a scenery, something like photographic memory. As for the reason he was painting again, nobody other than him knows.

"Hey, Grey... You won't be hanging that in the bedroom, now would you?" [Yuna]

"Hmm... Maybe, maybe not. Who knows, I might display it in the living room this time around." [Grey]

"Geez! Stop teasing me!" [Yuna]

Puffing her cheeks ever so adorably, Yuna protested against Grey as she embraced Sirius tightly. Unfortunately for her, her actions only made Grey want to tease her more. She was just too cute for him.

"Geez... If you're going to display it somewhere, make it so that the people visiting wouldn't see it. Just not in the bedroom... I think that one portrait of me is already enough." [Yuna]

"Yeah, yeah. As you wish, Milady." [Grey]

A soft and gentle smile on his face, Grey continued his careful strokes and soon enough, an almost complete portrait of Yuna was made. It would only take a single glance to know that it was going to be yet another masterpiece.

The colors, not too vibrant nor too dull, created a realistic art with a mix of artistic elements. Grey made sure to emphasize the painting on Yuna, accenting her figure by adding a few elements, such as aesthetic lighting and shadows.

"Ah, right... Grey, about the housewarming tomorrow. Who should we invite? And... do you have any plans already?" [Yuna]

"Isn't it alright to invite everyone we know? As for the plans... There's no need to worry. I already have it covered." [Grey]

"Mnm... Okay, if you say so..." [Yuna]

Not asking any more questions, Yuna continued playing with the fluffy familiars. Meanwhile, Grey continued painting the second portrait, making sure everything was alright and perfect, just like how he sees Yuna.

A few minutes later, the portrait was completed. It showed Yuna in her full glory as how Grey perceived her. There was not a single stroke misplaced nor any elements misused. Overall, it was a great piece.

"What do you think?" [Grey]

"It's beautiful, but for some reason it feels a little embarrassing... Do I really look this beautiful?" [Yuna]

"Nah, not at all. You look even more beautiful." [Grey]

The second. It was the second time Grey said such words to Yuna. The first was when they were still in Moterno when Grey painted the first portrait. Now that they are lovers, his words sounded much more meaningful. Yuna's heart raced even faster than it did before.

Of course, it goes without saying that Yuna's face has become beet red. All she could do was hide behind Grey and cover her embarrassed face with one of the furballs. Unfortunately for her, Grey could easily tell her flustered expression. Both him and the familiars bore witness to Yuna's redness.

Following their little sweet moment, Grey and Yuna went around the city to invite the people they knew, traveling from the gates where the guards are stationed to the very center of the city where the lord resided.

"Oh? Tomorrow? Sure, I'm free that day." [Dale]

"Hmm... Alright, I'll attend. I'm done with the paperwork anyways." [Gaston]

"Oh, so you are throwing a housewarming party, huh... I'll see what I can do, I'm sure the children will be happy." [Cedric]

All positive. Grey and Yuna received yeses from all the people they invited. From Dale, the "Rabbit's Den", the Guilds, and Cedric, all of them agreed. In total, there would be 14 people attending the housewarming party.

Sadly, Kris and Aira had already departed to the Kingdom of Ingrasia to prepare for their wedding. While there was nothing they could do about it as it was a very important event, it still felt a little sad that they couldn't invite them.

By the time they finished inviting everyone, it was already time for lunch. Grey and Yuna quickly cooked a quick meal filled with all sorts of things and enjoyed it by themselves. They also have the familiars eat some of it just for them to experience different foods even though they only feed on monsters.

"Oh? What's that?" [Yuna]

Asked Yuna as she saw Grey tinker with a block of wood and magic. Grey was making some sort of board with designs Yuna had never seen before. It only made her more curious as time passed.

"Nothing much, just a simple board game." [Grey]

"A board game...?" [Yuna]

Yuna tilted her head as she carefully observed what Grey was making. Although now that she knew it was made for the sake of entertainment, she still has no idea what Grey was trying to make. All she could do was watch patiently.

In Merusia, there aren't many ways of entertainment. With how different the world's structure was to Earth, it was only natural that there are a few differences here and there. Theaters, magic, and very few board games... there was a limit to how much Merusia could offer.

What Grey was making are very common board games he enjoyed back on Earth. It was chess, checkers, and reversi. Grey also made snakes and ladders for the kids to enjoy, something simple and enjoyable.

Using magic, it didn't take too long for Grey to finish making the board games. Even though it was just a block of wood before, it had now turned into a beautifully polished board, complete with pieces carved using wood and wind magic.

"And... done!" [Grey]

Yuna's eyes were still curiously glued to the board games Grey made. She didn't utter a single word nor did she make any significant movements. Her interest has fully been captured by the fascinating things in front of her.

Grey could only chuckle lightly with how Yuna acted. It was another part of her that he fell in love with. Her innate innocence and curiosity which makes her seem like a pure little child. She was nothing short of adorable.

"Yuna, do you want to play?" [Grey]

"Can I...? I don't know how to play them though." [Yuna]

"Don't worry, I'll be teaching you the rules. Just follow along carefully, alright?" [Grey]

"U-Un!" [Yuna]

As brief and concise as one could be, Grey quickly explained the rules of the board games to Yuna. Thankfully, Yuna was a quick learner so it didn't take too long for her to get a good grasp at how the games worked.

If there were any difficulties, it would only lie on chess which was a lot more complicated than the other three. Teaching Yuna the special moves and rules took quite some time. It was definitely, in no way, a simple game.

"Do you get it now?" [Grey]

"Un! The goal is to capture the King!" [Yuna]

"Alright, then how about we play a game for real. If you win against me, I'll grant any one of your wishes." [Grey]

Confidence was radiating out of Grey's smile as he proposed such a thing to Yuna. With Yuna being a beginner, he was confident that Yuna's chances of winning are little to nothing. Even then, that didn't stop Yuna from being motivated.

"R-Really?! No takesy-backsies, okay?" [Yuna]

"Of course. As long as you can defeat me even once, I'll grant your wish. Food, new clothes, alchemy ingredients, I'll make sure to provide them." [Grey]

"Then you're on!" [Yuna]

Her eyes lit ablaze with motivation, Yuna made her first move against Grey. She quickly moved her pawn to the front. Following her, Grey also moved the pawn in front of the King one step forward.

It didn't take long for the match to be decided. Grey easily defeated Yuna with the classic "Scholar's Mate", also known as the "Four-Moves Checkmate". While it felt like cheating, a win was still a win. It was Grey's complete victory.

"H... How...?" [Yuna]

"Hahaha, you still have much to learn, my love." [Grey]

"N-No! Let's try again! I'll beat you this time!" [Yuna]

"Sure." [Grey]

Her defeat only fueled her determination. With her even more fired up, Yuna challenged Grey again, not falling for the same trick twice. In the end, she still ended up being defeated by Grey, in less than ten moves no less.

Again and again, Yuna challenged Grey. And again and again, she suffered loss to him. While she had improved significantly from her first try, it was still not enough to defeat Grey. The best she did was check Grey a few times.

"Uuu... I still can't win..." [Yuna]

Yuna rested her head on the table with her back slumped as she recalled her recent defeats. She has never felt so defeated before. She swore deep inside her heart to beat Grey the next time they had a match.

"Now, now, don't be too down. How about we eat some ice cream. I'm craving to have some." [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

Yuna's ears quickly perked up as soon as the words "Ice Cream" was mentioned. Her dejected expression was no more, and all that was left was an expression of pure happiness and excitement.

Enjoying their afternoon and evening together, time quickly flew by. Night soon fell and silence swallowed the city. It was yet another night where the two lovebirds slept in one another's embrace.

The very next day, as soon as the second bell rang, Grey and Yuna immediately prepared for the housewarming party which was to be held in the afternoon up until evening. It was going to be a busy day.

Food, games, and the venue itself, everything was organized in a way which would make others feel welcome. While it was a lot of work, smiles could be seen floating on Grey and Yuna's faces, anticipating the party which was soon to come.

"Phew... That should be all." [Grey]

"Waah~ It smells fantastic! Could I take a bite?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, go ahead. Just make sure not to take too much, we still have some guests to serve, after all." [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

With everything done and ready, all that was left to do was wait for the guests to arrive. Both Grey and Yuna only relaxed at the couches, cuddling with one another and the familiars as they waited.

Ding Dong Ding Dong

The wait was not long. The sound of the doorbell rang throughout the residence as soon as the first guests arrived. Without wasting any time, Grey and Yuna quickly headed to the gates, greeting their guests with large smiles.

"So this is your new house, huh? Looks pretty fancy." [Gerd]

"Here, we've brought some gifts. We hope you enjoy it." [Selia]

"Thank you, Missus Selia." [Yuna]

The first to arrive were the members of the "Rabbit's Den", namely, Gerd, Selia, and Helen. They brought over some fruits which could serve as desserts for the upcoming party and even later on.

"Please come in." [Grey]

With open arms, Grey and Yuna welcomed the three to their new home. Helen in particular looked quite excited as her eyes swam in all directions. She was in awe and mesmerized by how beautiful their house was.

After them, more and more people arrived at the house. There was Dale who had just come from his house, Bartolos who had just gotten off from his dismantling work, and Tilda who was in the same boat as Bartolos, only recently getting off work from the Adventurers' Guild.

"Pardon the intrusion." [Dale]

"What a nice place you got here, Lad, Lass. Sure is fancy!" [Bartolos]

"What a lovely home you have, Grey, Yuna." [Tilda]

Everything was all and well up until the next guests showed up. They were none other than the Guildmasters of the Adventurers' and Alchemists' Guild, the father and daughter combo, Gaston and Rina.

"Hello~! We're here!" [Rina]

"Nice home you got here, Grey, Yuna." [Gaston]

"G-Guildmaster Gaston?! And Guildmaster Rina too?!" [Dale]

Shocked was plastered all over Dale's face as he saw the two figures walk in. It wasn't only him, the others were also the same. Even when Tilda and Bartolos knew Gaston was coming, they were shocked by Rina's presence. But that wasn't all, there's still more to come.

"Oh, are we late?" [Chiron]

"I've bought a little present, Your Highnesses. I hope it is to your liking." [Marcel]

"Thank you for inviting me, Your Highnesses." [Mila]

After Gaston and Rina, the Guildmasters of the Blacksmiths' Guild and Merchants' Guild also arrived. With it, 4 out of 5 out the city's Guildmasters are present, making people more than shocked.

The people's reaction was only normal. After all, the Guildmasters are important figures in each and every town and city. Only second to the lord, their influence and authority spreads far and wide.

Since it was Solis, Sunday in Earth's terms, all of them managed to come over. After all, it was the least busy day of the whole week. It was also the reason why Grey and Yuna set such a date for the housewarming party in the first place.

"G-Grey! Yuna! What's happening here?! Why are the Guildmasters present all of the sudden?!" [Gerd]

"Well, we invited everyone we knew. Is there something wrong with that?" [Grey]

"W-Well, there's nothing wrong with it. I just hoped you told us sooner." [Gerd]

In full defeat, Gerd couldn't argue back to Grey. After all, Grey and Yuna were also out of the norm. Now that they are hailed as heroes of Alfrione, it was only natural for them to have special connections. It was on him for expecting something normal.

"Hahaha, there's no need to be too stiff. We're only here as guests just like all of you are. We'll be in your care." [Marcel]

"Yep! Yep! Let's just enjoy ourselves." [Rina]

Thankfully, the Guildmasters were pretty considerate to the others. It didn't take too long for the people to get along. Everyone chatted joyously and comfortably over the snacks Grey and Yuna offered,

"Big Bro Grey, Big Sis Yuna, we're here!" [Galvin]

"Older Brother Grey, Older Sister Yuna. Congratulations on your move." [Elnart]

Shock. Everyone was in pure shock and disbelief as soon as the two kids arrived. After all, they were the lord's beloved children. Not only that, Ragnar, a knight captain, was with them.

"We meet again, Your Highnesses." [Ragnar]

"Well, it's been a long time. How about Cedric, won't he be coming?" [Grey]

"Unfortunately, not. There was still a lot of paperwork to be finished. I hope you understand." [Ragnar]

"No, it's alright." [Grey]

While it was unfortunate, there was nothing they could do about it. Just getting back recently to Galderia, a lot of paperwork needed to be addressed. In his place, Ragnar was sent to escort the kids and also make sure they are safe.

"L-Lord Elnart, Lord Galvin. It's a pleasure to meet the two of you." [Selia]

"Um! Nice to meet you too!" [Galvin]

"We'll be in your care." [Elnart]

Selia bowed her head respectfully to greet Elnart and Galvin, but Galvin, amongst the ones in the receiving end, only extended his hand for a handshake, a bright smile about his face, radiating purity and innocence.

Nervousness. For a hot minute, everyone felt a little nervous around the young lords. But seeing how innocent and kind they were, everyone quickly loosened up. Their hearts were quickly captured by their adorableness that they forgot why they were even nervous in the first place.

"Everyone, have some refreshments." [Yuna]

"Waah~! Orange juice!" [Galvin]

"Oh, thanks, Yuna." [Helen]

With everyone present, the housewarming party has officially started. The place quickly turned lively with the people present. Of course, by everyone, it really meant everyone. Grey and Yuna had released the familiars to play with Galvin and Elnart.

The atmosphere was warm and merry as everyone chatted with one another. The barriers which are made by their different statuses were nowhere to be seen. There were only people having fun with the time they had.

Of course, Grey also took out the board games he just made the day before. The moment he did, everyone's attention quickly turned his way, or rather, on the board games he just took out.

It took some time for everyone to understand the basics of everything. Checkers, reversi, and snakes and ladders were easy to get used to, but chess was a different monster. It was the one which took the most time to learn.

"Yay~! I reached the top!" [Galvin]

"No fair... Galvin's luck is just too good." [Elnart]

"Hahaha, looks like I won again, Marcel. How many times is it now?" [Gaston]

"Then how about we play another game. I've already grasped the basics. I'm sure I'll defeat you next time." [Marcel]

"Sir Ragnar, you suck at this..." [Dale]

"Shut up..." [Ragnar]

Everyone quickly partnered up as they played the game. Galvin and Elnart played snakes and ladders, Gaston and Marcel played chess, while Dale and Ragnar played checkers. All were immersed in their own games.

As for Grey and Yuna, they were also playing their own games. Grey played reversi with Gerd, while Yuna, well, she...

"Ugh... That's unfair... How could I have won that?" [Helen]

"Hehe, I have taken the first win!" [Yuna]

... she was up against Helen in chess. Taking advantage of Helen's inexperience, she used the scholar's mate Grey had previously used against her. She was being a little mischievous in her own way.

Seeing how Yuna slyly used such a move against Helen, Grey could only smile wryly at his girlfriend's actions. Though she couldn't really blame her. After all, it was her first win in chess.

Time passed some more and evening arrived. It was time to take out the dishes. As one would expect from Grey and Yuna, they went over the top again and served several different dishes that they needed two large tables to fit.

"Yummy!" [Galvin]

"Oh! This is quite delectable!" [Marcel]

"As expected of Grey and Yuna!" [Helen]

Bright faces filled the house as everyone had their meals. As the dining room was nowhere near large enough to accommodate 16 people, the living room and garden was also utilized. Nevertheless, it didn't cause any problems to anyone.

"A-Amazing..." [Rina]

"That's... quite the appetite, isn't it?" [Gaston]

If there was one thing which shocked many people, it was the amount Grey and Yuna ate. Only those who had shared meals with them were unaffected. It was especially shocking for Yuna. People just couldn't see where in her small and delicate body she stored all the food she just ate.

"How about that, Gaston?" [Marcel]

"Haah... I get it already. It's my loss." [Gaston]

After the meal, everyone resumed what they were doing. Marcel had gotten a win against Gaston, Ragnar had improved... a little bit, at least, and Helen had started to push Yuna into a corner. There were many interesting developments.

Merry laughter, warm smiles, happy expressions. Grey and Yuna couldn't wish for more. While it was only planned on a whim to cheer Helen up, they couldn't be any happier that they decided to do so. It was yet another memorable night.

CHAPTER 123 END

5