Chapter 2
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the mayor walked into the room, a vague aura spread causing whatever little noise there was to dampen down.

"Welcome, geniuses. I have called you all here in order for the schools to easily find and communicate with you. As you might already know, your results are sent to the various Wizarding academies that are affiliated to our region. They will communicate to you privately once they arrive."

After he finished his spiel, the aura of authority that he emanated faded away and he excused himself.

A little while later, the first group of wizards arrived and found their respective goals.

In front of me was a middle age man in a long blue cloak with silver highlights. On the cloak was a badge of an ocean with a leviathan like beast depicted on it.

"Hello, Al, I am Wizard Apprentice Merrill from the Leviticus Academy. You can just call me Merrill." He said with a cheerful grin.

"We believe that your talents would be well suited to entering our academy and are offering reduced course fees as well as a monthly allowance of 10 low grade magic stones. In addition, once you reach first class apprentice, second class apprentice or third class apprentice you will be allowed to obtain one spell of that level for free. If you are willing to take this offer you may sign your name on this contract."

He then pulled out a scroll from his sleeve and unveiled it. On the paper was the exact contents of the deal before as well as clause that prevented me from joining other forces until graduation or if an appeal towards a staff member was successful.

After reading through the contract to make sure that everything was reasonable using the system's scanner, I decided to sign the contract. Although the apprentice Merrill looks like he might listen if I ask for any changes or additions to the contract, but he is a wizard in the end and may not take too kindly to me wasting time for more benefits. Especially since all that I have currently that they would want is my talent rather than my person.

When I finished signing the contract, a feeling of being connected to an unknown source in a far distance away sprouted in my mind. 

"The contract that most schools use in connected to the spirit of the academy itself. With it as a witness the spirit can objectively look to make sure both sides of the contract are doing their part of the contract."

After explaining all of this he took me out of the academy and asked if I needed to do anything at home before leaving. I told him that I wanted to bring my things with and he told me to meet him at an address after picking up my things at the hotel room.

After temporarily separating, I headed on over to the hotel room and brought with me the clothes and other mundane objects I brought with me and headed on over to the address that Merrill spoke about.

When I arrived I found that there was already a few people waiting and I looked around to see where Merrill was.

Then Merrill's voice suddenly appeared in my mind.

"Come over here Al."

I then felt a guiding force guiding me to a certain room.

As I entered the room the door behind me closed and I was face to face with Merrill.

"Just wait here until every student who will be joining us have arrived. In the meantime you can ask me any questions you have right now."

As he said this he gave me a smile that seemed a little teasing. I thought of what to ask and finally came up with what I wanted to know right now.

"Can you tell me more about this world?" I asked.

"Well, how should I begin... first off the world is divided into five large continents. They are specifically divided into north, south, east, west and center continents. Each continents has their own elemental biases except the center continent that is relatively balanced to the a formation over there." He answered.

"Our academy is placed in the Western continent. The other continents won't be necessary to know much about until you decide to start exploring the world. The Leviticus Academy specializes in water and wind magic. When you arrive, after settling in you should look at the courses available and choose which ones you want. I would recommend the basic courses of 'History of Wizards' and 'Basics of the Meditation Method' as courses to start with. Afterwards, the rest is up to personal preference and the school can teach you more comprehensively then I can"

After a little more chatting, it was finally time to depart to Leviticus. We were all lead to an open area with a group of giant wooden ships in its center. Each ship had an emblem on it that resembled the badge on each academy. I was lead by Merrill to the third floor of the ship and brought me to the room and gave me the key to the room.

"Don't drop the key, and remember this. 'The root of all magic lies in knowledge'."

After stating those vague words, he quietly left as I pondered the meaning of his words. After a minute I decided to head inside the room first so I could pack up my things.

After entering the room, I found that the room was reminiscent of a hotel room that was quite spacious for a single person. After putting up my things, I noticed in a drawer that there was a tablet like object hidden in there. I decided to scan the object using the system scanner.

[Wizard Academy Standard Magic Communicator: A device that allows for long distance communication and information searching properties. It is activated via touch and scanning your magic imprint through contact. No danger detected.]

Since the scan said that it would not be dangerous, I reached out to the tablet. On contact I felt a cold sensation rush through me. Then the screen lit and showed a Tree like symbol flash on before the tablet displayed text.

On the screen was the words "Congratulations for taking your first step to becoming a wizard, May knowledge be forever in your grasp, 'The root of all magic lies in knowledge'."

After that the screen turned into a screen reminiscent of a phone from my previous life. After I looked through the various apps I found a stand out app that was like a library that housed the books that I was allowed to read for free. The book that stood out to me was the book labeled as Basic Meditation Method.

On it was a meditation method that stated that I needed to sit and calm my mind to sense the magic particles in the air. After sensing them I should then grab and drag the particles that best match me and absorb them into my body. The book also explained how to manipulate your magic energy to certain shapes in order to become an actual apprentice.

After reading through the book, I sat cross legged on my bed and followed the books instructions and breathed in and out. After a few seconds of calming down, I slowly began to sense the particles in the air. I sensed blue, green and gold particles in the room. Green being the most plentiful then blue and finally gold. 

These colors likely correspond to the elemental affinities tested back in the test. Green is Wind, Blue is Water and Gold is Thunder.

I then sensed the magic in my body and tried to shape it to catch the particles. After a few attempts, I finally got my magic to become a two fingered hand that reached out to grab the magic particles in the air.

I kept on grabbing the particles until I finally felt a mental strain due to manipulating my magic. I decided to rest for a while and slowly fell into a slumber.

0