believe it or not
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Believe it or not, there are perks to being alone.

This way, there's nobody to bother you or annoy you. You don't have to fret about those who are excessively nosy and much prefer to deep-dive into your pain when you're drowning rather than throw you a lifeline. 

Here, those people are a mere backdrop behind a glistening masterpiece in the spotlight.

Best of all, there's no one to hurt you.

However, the pros don't seem to outweigh the cons.

Inside, there's a deep void that's pulsating. It's an endless rabbit hole, and once you fall in there's no getting back out.

It's like falling in slow motion down to the core of the earth. Yet, there's no heat or cold. It's black, devoid of any color or life.

It puts death itself to shame, but in an odd way, I'm not afraid. 

As I fall deeper and deeper into the abyss, there's no telling if time has stopped ticking.

I feel your large, warm hands wrapping around my neck, suffocating me slowly.

I see your bright, charming face smirking at me from the beyond- the way you used to look at her as you two flirted back and forth like giddy grade-school students.

I feel your hot breath tickling the shell of my ear as I free-fall off of the brink of sanity and into your inviting embrace.

Your deep voice rasps at me not to leave, to stay with you here forever.

My arms are extended, reaching out for you with a smile on my face that deeply contrasts the tears slipping from my eyes.

I know this isn't real- only a figment of my sadistic imagination in a desperate attempt to hold onto any part of you I can.

Yet, right now I don't care.

In a world where the judgmental voices of those who are supposed to be holding me up are instead dragging me down, acknowledging that your feelings for me will never be anything more than platonic can wait until I awake at dawn.

Does the short length of the chapters discourage you from wanting to continue reading the story?
  • Yes, it bothers me :( Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't mind! :D Votes: 1 100.0%
Total voters: 1
1