artificial
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at you is like looking at a galaxy in the night sky. 

Your light reaches me from trillions of light years away, allowing me to catch a glimpse of your ethereal beauty. 

Yet, the thrilling luminance I'm seeing is a shell of what you once were. Your light reaches me now, but you're further away than ever. 

Constantly moving away from me, the ghost of you is pulling me along with chains around my neck.

I bathe in your illumination, the warmth stinging my skin. I want to drown in it until it blinds all of my senses.

Basking in everything you give me, I don't allow myself to admit that I know this is far from what I want- what I need

I need your touch, smell, and the taste of your skin on my tongue. Yet, the deep reaches of my imagination only allow me to see a superficial facade.

It's an artificial beauty designed to give me pleasure in this world of pain I was born into, and for that I can't spite it. 

Despite this, my heart yearns pathetically. 


Give me what's hiding underneath that glowing skin and ebony almond eyes. 


Allow me to unlock the door that you’re so stubbornly hiding behind, lest I lose myself searching for the key. 

1