Chapter 1- Reincarnated?
274 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No… Curse you… Alaine…”

Tossing and turning, a young girl muttered darkly in her sleep. Her tiny and lanky arms twitched before thumping against the plush bed, causing the girl to be startled awake.

“Curse you Alaine!”

Sitting straight up, the girl held her bedsheets tightly. She breathed heavily as the nightmare she just witnessed slowly released it grip from her mind. Whipping her head back and forth, the girl came to the realization that she was in some place familiar.

“Where…? Wasn’t I fighting against Alaine and those guys?” The girl thought to herself. She lifted her arms up and inspect them as if they were something that didn’t belong to her.

“These arms… so weak…” she thought. Noting that something was definitely wrong with her body, the girl stumbled out of the soft bed and landed on the cold wooden floor. Knowing the room layout like the back of her hand, the girl ran up to a mirror and looked deeply at her reflection.

“This-! This is me! But when I was much younger! I have to at least be six at the moment!” The girl exclaimed out loud in shock. Caressing her face, the girl couldn’t help but be in awe. She inspected each part of her body, even opening her mouth to look for the fangs she once bore. No matter the angle, the girl saw no monster. Only an innocent little girl with pale skin and long black hair. Though she looked angelic at the moment, the girl knew that later in the future, she grew to become a devilish beauty with sharp violet eyes and an iconic beauty mark. 

“I’m… I’m back in the past. In my childhood home.”

Breaking down in tears, the girl wept in front of the mirror as the harrowing life experience of her previous life just hit her. The schemes, the blackmail, the framing, the death of her family, the cruel prince Claude, and that witch; Alaine Westwood.

“God. Thank you for your mercy.”

Given a second chance in life, Phoebe von Ashton was now a new woman! She’ll never ask too much and she won’t mess with that wicked woman, Alaine, every again.

“Milady… its time to wake up.”

Hearing a knock on her door, a light shone in Phoebe’s eyes as she recognized that sing-song like voice. Cracking open the door, Phoebe spotted a middle aged woman peeking in from around the corner. Tears nearly pooled at the corner of her eyes again as she saw the woman. Never did Phoebe thought that she would see her nanny again, alive and well.

“Oh! You’re already awake?”

“Miss Shelby!!!”

Unable to contain herself, Phoebe embraced her nanny. Miss Shelby let out a pleasantly surprised yelp as she held onto the young girl. Patting Phoebe’s head, the nanny pacified the girl with hushed words of comfort.

“Now now, what got you all upset milady?” 

Shaking her head, Phoebe found it hard to say any words. It felt like it was just yesterday that she watched her loyal nanny get killed while swearing that Phoebe was innocent. That prince was truly cruel to kill her entire family.

Her family!

Pulling away from Miss Shelby, Phoebe sped down the hallway while her nanny yelled about her still wearing her pajamas. It probably was improper for her to look this way but Phoebe had to make sure that she truly did went back in time.

With her eyes on the prize, Phoebe burst through the door and stumbled into the dining room. Phoebe placed her hand on her knees and  breathed heavily despite doing such a short run. Glancing up, Phoebe looked in awe as she saw her family sitting around the dining table. At the head of the table was her father, Duke Brandon von Ashton. To his right was her mother Layla von Ashton. Right across on the left side was her two siblings, the eldest sister Rebecca and Phoebe’s younger brother Jacob. Each of them looked to Phoebe with an equal amount of shock.

“What’s dear? You look so scared,” Layla spoke. She got up and kneeled next to the hyperventilating child. Fitting her role of a mother well, Layla took a hold on Phoebe and gave her a hug.

“Eh… she probably wet her bed again…”

“Jacob! Don’t be a brat!”

There was a loud smack as Phoebe’s two siblings started to spat. Despite being only a year younger than her, Jacob already displayed a smart ass attitude which kept Rebecca’s hands full in making him a perfect gentlemen.

“Now kids, don’t start fighting while you’re sister is still upset,” Brandon chipped in now. Though concerned about his middle child, the Duke seemed quite amused about his children.

Seeing them all alive and well caused Phoebe to break down crying. She never thought that she would see them again after watching their beheading. Even her siblings who were out of the country at the time were dragged back home to be killed. All this because she told Alaine not to flirt with her fiancé. 

“Sweetheart? Are you hurt?” Phoebe’s mother asked, now gently rubbing circles on her back.

“N-no no. I’m okay. I just had a scary nightmare. I’m just happy to see everyone again,” Phoebe spoke, remembering to speak with a simple vocabulary. Hearing her daughter’s sweet words, Layla smiled and gave Phoebe a tighter hug which she returned.

Yes… it was all just a bad dream. Her family is alive and well. God given her a second chance…

Are you done having this touching reunion and everything? You and me got some pressing issues to address right now.

“AAAAAHHH!”

10