Chapter 25
2.5k 7 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

 

Loud rhythmic footsteps resounded through the hall as the emperor walked towards his seat. It was the first time the princesses have seen their father after their naming ceremony, which most of them did not remember except for Helena. 

 

Even though they had heard stories about his beauty and accomplishments from their mothers. Their image of him could only pale in comparison to the real person. Even though they were excited and happy to see their father, none of them spoke a word as he walked past them and sat in his seat.

 

The princesses stood up from their seats and greeted the emperor with a curtsy. “We greet father emperor.” They greeted in unison.

 

“Sit.” the emperor commanded. He glanced around the table with a cold gaze and sighed. “Your names… tell me your names.” The emperor said as his gaze shifted to Mera. Maximus could not be bothered to remember the names of his daughters after he named them. It was insignificant to him.

 

“My name is Mera, your majesty,” she said in a graceful manner. Mera Von Merula, the first princess of the empire, was born to Lady Sara Winterwin. Elegant, graceful, and confident. Every lord and lady of the empire worships her for her beauty and grace. every young lord would love to marry her, and every young lady looks up to her. Even the commoners love her.  

 

“Next.” the emperor said.

 

“I am Diamond. Your majesty, remember? My mother always told–” Diamond Von Merula, age seventeen. Daughter of Joyce Winterwin sister of Sara Winterwin. If Mera is known for her grace and elegance, Diamond is known for her beauty and cruelty, though she is accustomed to hiding it behind a persona of kindness. 

 

“Next.” The emperor interrupted Diamond’s babble.

 

“Emm… m-my name is Cilia, father- oh… I meant your majesty,” she said nervously. Cilia, age fourteen, second daughter of Joane Blackwood, sister of Izaak Blackwood, the Emperor’s guard. The Blackwoods are known as a prominent house that produces brave knights for the empire for five hundred years. Even their women learn the art of the sword. But Cilia did not inherit their talent for the sword; instead, she is an introverted girl that loves to paint.

 

“Next.”

 

“I am Jane, your majesty,” she said. Jane, age sixteen, first daughter of Joane Blackwood. A confident and strong girl, unlike her younger sister. She is talented in the sword and has the skills to compete with a first-class grandmaster knight.  

 

“Next.”

 

“Just call me Elora.” She said nonchalantly. Elora, a tall, elegant beauty of age seventeen. She had caramel dark skin and braided silver hair. She is the daughter of Elenor Blackport.  

 

“Next”

 

It was Helena’s turn to introduce herself, but she had a shocked look on her face. After a few seconds of quiet, she smiled. “Guess it’s my turn then… I am Helena, your cute daughter, nice to meet you, daddy, Meow~!” she said. With a cute tone, as she made a heart shape with her fingers. 

 

Her actions shocked everyone, including the emperor.

 

What a bold child. What did she say her name was again? Helenor–no, it’s Helena… I seem to recall giving her that name for some reason. Hmm… I’ll think about it later. Maximus thought in his mind.

 

*Next*

 

While the other girls introduced themselves, Helena could feel burning hatred directed toward her. She turned her sight right to see who was trying to burrow through her head with their gaze. It was Diamond. Her gaze was like that of a starving lion that had its meal snatched away. And beside her was Mera, who had a smirk on her face, which gave Helena a sense of unease.

 

“System… look at what you have done. Why did you have to give me a silly mission like that? I feel like crawling into a hole.” Helena complained in her mind. The only reason she did such an embarrassing thing was to complete a special mission given by the system.

 

“(Sigh) ~ Hope I got a good reward for that.”

 

*Ding*

 

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

Mission completed!

Mission: - Make a shocking introduction.

Reward: 30Kg dumbbells    +2 favourability with emperor Maximus    Item: Cat ear prop.

 

 

 

*Ding*

 

LEVEL UP!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

 

LEVEL 2

Reward: All stats increased by 2    Invincibility card x1 time use                   5 UNDISTIBUTED ATTRIBUTE POINTS

 

*Ding*

 

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION               

X

ARMOR OF Altaïr has been placed in your inventory 

 

“Next.”

 

“My name is Aeliana. Father,” Aeliana said with a cute voice. She is a seven-year-old girl and the empress’s third daughter.

 

“Next.”

 

“I am Blache.”

 

“And I’m Abigail.”

 

“We’re twins.” They spoke simultaneously.

 

“Next.”

 

“I am Canaria,” Canaria said in an indifferent tone. She is a thirteen-year-old girl with a beautiful face, but she gives off a cold and distant vibe. She is the empress’s second daughter. She keeps to herself and gets angry when someone talks to her without permission. 

 

“Next.”

 

“I am Raeliana, father,” Raeliana said. She is the empress’s first child and temporary heir to the throne. Though she knew that once a son was born, they would cast her aside like trash. But even though she is not the most beautiful or most worshipped, she had something the other girls didn’t have… The desire to be the emperor. To rule over the empire.

 

*Creak*

 

The dining hall doors opened and a man wearing a chef's apron walked in with a dozen maids behind him, who pushed in food carts with covered trays on them. After the food was served, the maids walked out of the dining hall, leaving the chef behind.

 

The chef stood and watched as the princesses ate the food he had prepared. I hope they like it. He thought nervously in his mind.

 

—------------ — thirty minutes later —-------------

 

Emperor Maximus glanced around the table and noticed that the girls were mostly done with their meal. “Ahem… the reason I called you all here is to tell you that the empress has given birth to a boy. He would be named heir to the throne on his first name day… that is how it has been, but I have decided to change things.” Emperor Maximus said and clapped his hands.

 

*Creak*

 

The dining hall doors opened, and four old men downed in gray robes with large books in their arms walked in. They were the maesters of the empire who recorded important historical events. They sat at a smaller round table on the far side of the hall. With their books opened and pen in hand.

 

“From today onwards, every child born with royal blood would be allowed to fight for the throne, regardless of gender. But only those of age ten and above are allowed to fight for the throne. The last man or woman standing would be named heir to the throne.” The emperor said with a sickening smirk on his face.

 

Since the founding of the empire, a male child has always been the heir to the throne. So, for the emperor to change a long-time tradition, can be seen as a slap on the face of the empire’s history. This event was going to cause an uproar in the empire.

 

The girls were shocked and speechless. Different thoughts ran through their minds, but they all shared one thought. “Everyone sitting at that table was a threat.” They thought as they stared at each other suspiciously.

 

The emperor could see the tension in the room rise, and he smiled. “You can all return to what you were doing.” He said as he stood up from his seat and walked out of the dining hall.

 

***************************Outside the dining hall************************

 

“Are you sure about this, your majesty?” The chamberlain asked. As soon as the dining hall doors closed behind the emperor. Even though he has been working under the emperor for more than a decade now, he still finds himself to be shocked by the emperor’s actions. 

 

“...No,” Maximus replied.

102