Chapter 2
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don is fifty-five years old, and he is unemployed. He once came across a young man named Adam. He was like a friend to him or like a son that he didn't have. One day Adam died, leaving a book for Don with a letter that read, "This book is all I have; keep it for me."
He once told Don that there was a book that changed his life and the way he thought, which made him a better person, and he wanted to give it to Don.
"Read the book that I left behind in the beautiful garden that you have. Like we used always to sit there. Thank you for everything; you were a wonderful person to me. I'll always watch you from far away.
Adam" the letter ended.
Don opened the book that was written "Let the curtains rise" on the cover. Don started reading that book daily in his garden to remember Adam.
"This is true art," Loki said as he smoked his cigarette.
A day passed since Sarah and Vanessa's friendship became the school's talk. Many guys courted the two, but they always got rejected. Everyone knew at this point that Vanessa was a cold individual, but why was she so lovely with Sarah? Maybe because they're both beautiful and don't look at lowly humans?
As the duo walked into the big hallway of the school to attend their lesson, a boy interrupted them.
"Can I talk to you? My... name is Zac," he asked nicely. However, Vanessa didn't even lay an eye on that person. Yet, Zac was persistent in conversing with her.
"Don't waste my precious time; let's go, Sarah?" Vanessa said coldly without any hint of emotion apparent on her face.
Alex stopped before them and turned to Vanessa to talk with her on their way.
"How is your first day?"
"It's fine."
Zac saw the interactions between Alex and Vanessa. He was furious and looked at Alex as his eyes turned red. However, he noticed someone besides Alex looking at him with a creepy smile that sent chills through his whole body. Zac pretended he didn't see him and left for the bathroom. But Loki followed him. They stood side by side as they washed their hands, and Loki looked at the mirror and said with a smile.
"Hatred is sightless, anger is reckless, and he who pours out vengeance risks drinking a bitter draft." Then he turned to Zac and continued, "isn't it funny? this happens almost all the time."
"What the fuck are you talking about?" Zac cursed at Loki. But, Loki left without saying a word with the smile still visible on his face.
After the first class finished, Zac went to the school director's office.
"What is wrong again, Zac? Shouldn't you be in your lesson?" the director said as he stopped writing the document he was working on.
"Uncle, you know I always take your side in anything. I want you to do me a favour." Zac said as he tried to be playful.
"What is it again?" the director said as he rolled his eyes.
"Do you know a student named Loki? Can you do something about him?" Zac asked.
"Did you say Loki? How did you even cross paths with him?" the director took off his glasses as he said with a severe tone. The director swallowed his saliva as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.
"Why are you looking so stressed, uncle? Are you perhaps afraid of this guy as a director?" he chuckled as he said.
"I cannot tell you anything, but I can say that you should never even go close to him or talk to him; otherwise, it wouldn't end well. Even though your father is the chairman, he wouldn't be able to do much for you. That is my only warning." the director looked dead in his eyes as he said with a grave face.
Zac opened the office door to leave without saying anything else. He was confused and didn't want to anger his uncle any further. Who could this guy be that even my father wouldn't be able to do much? This is unreal.
As he opened the door, he saw Loki staring at him with the same devilish smile.
"Nothing can beat a nice family reunion, don't you think, zac?"

0