Jinni 2: Anonymous Writer
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh, give me some more of that.. Delicious.. Tasty.. Kimchi..” I said in my sleep.

I woke up by my drooling alone, but my alarm clock has also been bugging me for quite a while. I did my usual arm stretches, today feels like it’ll be a great day, hopefully my video has blown up, or gotten past my usual.. 6 views..

I picked up my phone from under the pillow and opened up the lock screen to see.. A bunch of notifications about my google account, as well as a mail. That’s weird, this hasn’t happened before, maybe it’s something regarding the video?

I opened up the mail and read it out loud for myself.

“Chuncheon High School, your friends have it nice as opposed to you having no income nor a proper education, living in the school dorms with your friend, Jiwoo Park! ” I read.

I started shaking a bit, how did this person know we were in korea, let alone in chuncheon?! A-And most importantly how does he know my name, and my l-location? T-this has to be a classmate, it surely has to be!

“Who are you ?” I typed out and sent it directly without any hesitation, who could this be? I have to call Yong! I dialled up his number and immediately called him, but he didn’t pick up. Maybe Yon will? She didn’t pick it up as well, they must have class.

I have to calm down, I mean I have barely started out the day, I’m still sitting on my bed! I had barely moved when my phone had vibrated, a new notification! I opened up to see it was a new mail, by the same guy, I read it out loud again.

“I will stay anonymous for the time being, Jiwoo, we can arrange a date for you to be assassinated, same goes for your friends” I said but stuttered.

A-assasinated? What is the meaning of this?! W-what could this guy be after? I tried my best to keep a straight face, however this account is scaring the life out of me. I quickly switched apps to YouTube just to check how well my video has been, maybe it’s something about that.

5.. 5 views. The same mail account is also subscribed to mine, it was made yesterday. He is among these 5 other people, but how does he know where I live? I quickly checked my google account, as well as my biography and anything else that could maybe lead to that conclusion, but I am not using my real name, nor am I mentioning any type of place.

I kept taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself down, refilling my water bottle only to chug it down in a few seconds. What should I do? Am I going to die? What about Yong and Yon?! I looked over at the desk where the computer is, Yong had left out some money for me while he’s in school.

I know, I’ll buy dinner for all 3 of us and talk about it for everyo-

*Bzzt, Bzzt* my phone rang.

I checked who it was, it was Yong. I answered.

“Hel- '' Yong said but I interupted.

“Hey, I’m buying dinner for us including Yon, be sure to take her with you to our dorm later on!” I said with a nervous voice.

“Erm, sure but is everything alri-” he answered before I hung up on him.

I took a last deep breath before putting on my shoes and going out to buy dinner. I just kept it simple, 3 bowls of Kimchi with rice and 3 drinks, I had enough money. I headed back and kept waiting for them to arrive, in the meanwhile I decided to clean up the dorm.


”Hello?” I heard Yong from the door.


I looked over, Yon was behind him.


”Yo! I’ve been waiting for a while now!” I replied.


Yong chuckled while taking off his shoes, Yon did the same.


”Why did you call me earlier today? I got worried” she said.


”Oh heh, it’s nothing, just wanted to check if you could come over” I replied while taking out the Kimchi.


”Pretty generous of you though Jiwoo” Yong added while taking out the drinks.


We all sat on the floor in a ring enjoying our food, talking and having fun.


”So, when are we deciding our assassination?” I said while scoffing down the food.


Yong and Yon both looked at me at the same time, Yon even dropped her chopstick.


”Our what?!” she shouted.


Yong reached over for his drink while coughing on the food he choked on. I swallowed down all the food I had in my mouth before talking.


”I got a new subscriber from the video, however he knew our location, knew that I have dropped out from school and knew my name. When I asked who he was, he said he is anonymous and that his purpose is for us to negotiate on a date where we’ll get assassinated” I said calmly while looking at my food.


I looked over at them, they were beyond shocked.


Yon kept stuttering with a loud voice and Yong kept coughing even more.


”We should calm down” I said.


After a lot of screaming and panicking we all agreed on reading our messages again and coming up with an answer.


I opened the computer and let them read. I cleaned up after them while they took their time.


”We have to get to know this guy first at least” Yong said after a couple of minutes.


I walked up to them.


”Are you sure it’s safe?” Yon asked.


”I mean, he didn’t do anything to me, so it should be safe” I answered.


”Jiwoo, let me take over” Yong said and started typing.


”Is there any other alternative than death?” Yong typed and sent.


We only waited for a couple seconds until we got an immediate answer.


”We can negotiate” the account replied.


”Hmm, if he is telling the truth we should do as he wants” I said.


”I kinda agree with Jiwoo” Yon added.


”Fine, how about we all meet up somewhere” Yong typed and sent.


Immediate answer again.


”Fine, meet me at Seoul airport, 11:00 am, 23rd of July” the account replied.


”Hey, that’s the first day of our summer break!” Yon said.


”Perfect, tell him we’ll be there!” I said.


”We’ll meet you then” Yong typed and sent.


The account didn’t reply.


”I’ll get us train tickets by then, we should be able to be there in time, it only takes about 2 hours by train from Chuncheon to Seoul” I said.


Yon let out a huge breath. ”I.. really need some rest” she said.


”You’re going back?” Yong asked.


”Yeah, see you boys..” she said as she walked towards our shoes.


”Sorry for the worry Yon..” I said.


”No worries, see you tomorrow” Yon said and closed the door behind you.


I looked towards Yong, he was already looking at me.


”ARE YOU FRICKING CRAZY?!” he screamed.


Huh?


”It’s not me!” I answered.


”YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SHOWED US THE CAMERA” he replied.


After a couple of minutes he calmed down.


”I’m getting ready for bed, you should too, we have a big day soon” he said and stood up from the chair.


”Sure bro, I’ll do so” I answered.


After a couple of minutes we we’re both in bed, lights were out.


”Jiwoo, don’t worry, you haven’t done anything wrong, we’ll work this out together, as brothers” Yong said.


”Thanks bro, goodnight now” I replied.


***


Oh Jiwoo, how clueless you truly are. In 1 day you’ll be introduced to a world you have never imagined to exist, all because of the video you uploaded, just like baiting a child with candy.


”All passengers for flight 87B to Seoul, please hurry to reception” the announcer said.


Perfect, this shall be interesting.

0