CH.0017 – Lily
69 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH.0017 - Lily

"You bastard, you definitely pay for what did you to me. My house will destroy your house and I will kill you with my bare hands. And…"

---Bang

Before he finished his sentence, Ezar kicked his chin and sent him to dreamland.

"I crippled your legs because you attacked me to cripple mines. But this kick was for the all rubbish you said to Nuna."

"Young master…"

Nuna came back with a bucket of water and couldn't help being surprised when she saw Bekro's legs.

She didn't surprise because of pitying Bekro or a potential war between houses.

No, she was surprised because her gentle young master was capable of cripple one's legs.

"It isn't a big deal, I just gave him some of his own medicine."

"But what if the House of Berserker retaliates against us?"

"Don't worry, I will deal with them before they have a chance. By the way, the water."

"It's here."

Nuna handed the water bucket to Ezar. After Ezar took the water bucket, he walked to the lackey one.

And he poured half of the water onto the face of lackey number one.

The first lackey woke up. And when he saw Ezar, he was scared nearly to death and tried to crawl backward with his hands while he was still sitting on his butt.

Without paying attention to him, Ezar walked to the second and woke him up with the remaining water in the bucket.

When the second lackey was about to talk, Ezar spoke first.

"Take your master with you and get lost from my house's territory."

When two lackeys looked at their master, they saw their master was lying on the ground with pair of crippled legs.

They quickly got up and ran to their master, regardless of the pain they felt. And when they reached Bekro first thing they did was check his pulse. No joke, if Bekro was killed, they would also be killed and buried with him.

---Haaah

---Haaah

Both of them sighed a relaxing breath after confirming that Bekro is alive. Now, they could question the culprit. If they couldn't give a good explanation to their house's leader, their punishment would be a heavy one nonetheless.

"You! What does this mean?"

"Do you want to declare war upon the House of Berserker?"

"How you dare to cripple the young master's legs? Do you know the consequences of what you have done?"

"Shut up!"

Ezar silenced them while he was releasing his bloodlust. Two of them gulped hardly while sweating coldly because of bloodlust.

"I said get lost. So, why are you here?"

The lackeys looked at each other and thought the same thing. They should retreat for now. Otherwise, this devil might kill them, or even worse he might kill their master.

The first lackey quickly piggybacked his master with the help of the second lackey. The second lackey was still having trouble breathing because of his broken ribcage.

When they were about to run to their House, Ezar stopped them.

"Wait!"

They froze where they were when they heard Ezar.

[This demon didn't change his mind and decide to kill them, did he?]

"Tell your house leader that if anyone from the Houe of Berserker trespass in my house's territory, they will be killed on the spot and I will take the matter to the clan council for an explanation from the House of Berserker."

"Ugh, if we say that.."

Ezar increased pressure from his bloodlust.

"Did you understand?"

The lackeys felt like a huge boulder placed on their back when they were pressured by the Ezar's bloodlust.

"Yes, un-understood."

"Y-yes yes, w-we understood."

"Good, now get lost"

When they felt the heavy pressure disappear they ran as fast as they can while swearing they would never come here again.

"Finally those annoying flies are gone."

"Hımm, just two of us are here young master."

"Nuna, I…"

Before he could finish his sentence, Ezar felt a shiver run down his spine. When looked at Nuna he could nearly see bloodlust oozing from her.

"Young master, didn't I say to stay at the mansion when I went to mission. So, can you please tell me why did you go out?

Did you know how much I worried about you? And others also how much worried about you?

So, you better have a good reason?"

Ezar finally remembered from his memories how Nuna could be scary when she was angry.

He should have found a good reason or the next few days would be like hell for him.

"Don't be angry Nuna, I had a good reason of course."

"Hımm, let's hear it then."

"Actually, I… I…"

While Ezar was desperately trying to buy some time, a voice that came from the mansion saved Ezar from the hopeless situation.

After all, he couldn't say to Nuna that he had gone outside of the mansion because he was bored, right? Because that was exactly what old Ezar did. No, he definitely had to find a better excuse.

"What were those sounds? Elder sister Nuna, are you there?"

A little girl poked her head out the door to check if it was safe outside. When she saw the she relaxed while she was opening the door to go outside.

But when she saw Eza she froze where she was for a moment. But after a second she began to run at crazy speed to Ezar while screaming in joy.

"Young master, is that you? Yo finally come back. Where did you go? Lily was worried about you. Why didn't you tell to Lily where are you going?

You know, you should tell to your personal maid where are you going when going outside.

Otherwise, how am I supposed to answer people when they asked me where the young master is?

You put Lily in a tough situation you know. Lily was angry with you.

But, you didn't come back after a long time and Lily was worried about you.

And now you came back.

Lily isn't angry with you anymore so Lily forgives her young master. But the young master must promise Lily that next time the young master goes outside he must inform Lily first."

--Sniff, sniff

Lily was shouting at Ezar with her questions and her statements while running to Ezar and jumping on his chest to hug him.

Although her mood was joyful at first after speaking for a while she began crying silently on Ezar's chest.

Ezar hugged her back with one hand and with the other hand patted her head.

"Sorry, Lily. Your big brother had worried you. I promise you I never do that again. So don't cry anymore, okay?"

"Idiot young master. Who is crying? Lily just got dust in her eyes while she was running.

You know, Lily was lazy when young wasn't here and she didn't clean the front garden.

So there is a lot of dust here. Wait, what did you say?"

Lily suddenly stopped crying and lifted her head to look at Ezar's eyes. Seemed like she was trying to find something in his eyes.

"Y-Young master, you came back, right?"

"Yes, I came back. I am at home now. So…"

"No, not that."

Lily quickly separated herself from Ezar's hug. Landed ground back. Wiped her tears with her sleeves and looked back at Ezar's eyes deeply like trying to see his soul.

Ezar felt that something was not right. So, he squatted down to be at eye level with her. And looked at her eyes back.

"You… are you really came back?

So, it was like that. Ezar finally understood what she meant.

This little kid's name was Lily. She had black shoulder-long hair and deep blue eyes like the ocean.

She was eleven years old this year. More than 5 years younger than Ezar.

When they were three of them always together like three musketeers.

Lily always followed Ezar and Nuna where they were gone and called them big brother Ezar and elder sister Nuna. So she was like a little sister to them.

But everything had changed 5 years ago.

The head butler and head maid of the House of Silvelion were Lily's grandparents.

Although they didn't have Silverlion blood in their veins they served as a retainer to House for countless years with loyalty. So they are also cunted from family.

Normally, they should retire from their positions and they should have done easier things like teaching new butlers and maids.

And their next generation should have taken their position already. Which were the parents of Lily.

But five years ago when his parents were left for the mission, Lily's parents were also left along with the convoy.

After all, the house leader and first lady were going on a long trip so there were a lot of people in the convoy. Guards, butlers, maids, etc.

When the head butler and head maid were staying behind to care for the House they send the next generation to join the convoy.

Everything was okay until the convoy ambushed and everyone was murdered by an unknown enemy.

When Ezar got the news he didn't know what to do. His parents were gone, and a lot of his uncles and aunts of him (House retainers) were also gone.

And then asked him:

"Big brother, when my parents are coming back? I will make a new dessert for them.

Of course, uncle and aunty also have a share. And don't worry I will spare a big part for you.

Big brother… what happened?"

Ezar couldn't answer her. Even couldn't look at her face.

What could he tell her?

"Everything will be okay, and his parents will come soon." Is it even possible?

"Don't worry I will find who did that and take revenge for our parents." Did he even have enough power to accomplish that?

He couldn't say to her: "Little sister, you have a still big brother. And big brother will protect from now on. So don't worry."

Is it even possible for a cripple to protect his loved ones?

He couldn't even fetch the dead bodies to give them a proper burial. How could he look at her face or anyone else's?

So he looked himself to his room and spent his days there.

Until one day. That day Lily kicked his door and barged into his room said:

"Today onward Lily is your new personal maid. And Lily has jobs to do. I have to clean this room so go out.

Ugh, you are stink. Go to the bathroom and take bath.

If people see like this what will they say about Lily, your personal maid? Go, go now."

And this is how Ezar left his room again after more than three months.

But three things changed after that.

First, Lily began to mention herself in the third person when she spoke.

Second, Ezar didn't call Lily a "little sister" anymore. He couldn't. He thought he didn't deserve to be her big brother.

And third, Lily didn't call Ezar a big brother anymore. She called them with the young master.

Ezar thought that she didn't see him as a big brother anymore. He was a just young master to her and she was doing her job as a personal maid. Nothing more.

Unfortunately, Ezar couldn't see the girl trying to create a new identity to bury her pain with the old one.

And also he couldn't see that she was trying to lighten his burden by changing from little sister to a personal maid.

But now, Ezar was knowing all of them.

He knew how much burden this carried all these years on her shoulders.

And he knew how much did all of them for him.

When all the retainers were leaving the House one by one only they left with him at the end.

He really hated what he did in the past or what he didn't. But he couldn't change the past but he could change the future.

[Don't worry. Like I promised to you.

If you have an unfinished business, regret, dream, and revenge before you leave this world, I will make it all happen for you.

Starting from now.]

Ezar who was still squatting while looking at Lily's deep, ocean-like blue eyes, smiled warmly at her.

"Little sister, I am back."

When Lily heard him, her eyes began to watery and she cried soundly this time while throwing herself into Ezar's chest again.

"Big brother, I… I… Snif… I missed you so much. Uwwaaahhh."


Hello Everyone, Author is Here;

I appreciate that if you support me on my Patreon;
https://www.patreon.com/moncherWN?fan_landing=true
Any amount helps no matter how small.

I want “I Cultivate with Science” to become a long-lasting novel. So I am waiting for your support.

5