CH.0018 – Founder Houses
71 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH.0018 - Founder Houses

Ezar who was still squatting while looking at Lily's deep, ocean-like blue eyes, smiled warmly at her.

"Little sister, I am back."

When Lily heard him, her eyes began to watery and she cried soundly this time while throwing herself into Ezar's chest again.

"Big brother, I… I… Snif… I missed you so much. Uwwaaahhh."

"There, there… All of them are in the past now. From now on your big brother take care of everything. Okay?"

---Sniff, sniff…

"Hmm, I will leave everything to big brother."

Nuna also had watery eyes while she was watching the two of them catching up. She also realized that, but hearing from her young master's mouth cleared her remaining doubts.

One should know her young master wasn't a failure or trash even if his mana veins were crippled. On the contrary, he could count a genius person.

After he failed the awaken his mana veins at 5 five years old and realized he had crippled mana veins, he locked himself in his room.

Everyone thought that he was in depression. Bu next day he left his room and requested an audience with the House leader.

He surprised everyone with the statement that he will choose the scholar's path.

Although the House leader said that he definitely would find a way to heal him. He was adamant about his choice and he said that he would walk on the scholar path till he would healed.

And the next five years he read every book in the House library and began to read books at the clan library. Sometimes he even requested some books from other Founder Houses.

His brain was like a sponge and it was absorbing every knowledge he found.

He had wise, knowledgeable, and crafty sometimes.

But everything changed when he was 10 years old. His family was murdered and he blamed his powerfulness for that.

After that day he lived under his inferiority complex.

But now Nuna could see the determination and confidence he had before in his eyes again. Her young master came back for sure.

Nuna looked at the sky. It was starting to get dark.

"Lily, how about going inside the mansion?"

---Sniff, sniff

"Hmm, we should go inside. Big brother should be tired and hungry. I will prepare dinner for big brother and everyone else."

"By the way Nuna, where Grandpa Bora and Grandma Suma are? They would already come here if they were in the mansion."

"I don't know either. When I came from a mission a few rabas before, I saw only Lily in the mansion.

She said that the young master was lost and Grandma Bora and Grandma Suma went outside."

"Hmmm, it is true big brother. Grandpa and Grandma went outside and they said that they will come back in a few hours.

They also said that I shouldn't go outside and shouldn't open doors to people that I don't know."

[They probably went to other Founder Houses to seek help. They should come back in a while as they said.]

"I understand. There is no meaning to wait for them here. Let's go inside the mans…"

Before Ezar finished his sentence a voice came from the mansion's main gate side with the sounds of people walking.

"Lily, Nuna… Young Master!!!?"

When Lily heard her grandfather's voice he jumped from Ezar's hug and ran to her grandparents.

" Grandpa, grandma… big brother came back."

"What? Big brother…. why?.... since when?"

Grandmother Suna was surprised when she heard her granddaughter calling her young master as big brother again like in the past.

[Did something change?] Grandma Suma thought.

Ezar and Nuna also walked where Grandpa Bora and Grandma Suma were.

Both of them had black hair like Lily but Grandpa Bora had light brown eyes while Grandma Suma had deep blue eyes like Lily.

They were both wearing their official retainer clothes which are a butler suit and maid uniform.

Grandpa Bora looked at Ezar with hopeful eyes.

"Young master?"

"Hmm, Grandpa Bora I came back."

Two men looked into each other eyes for three seconds and finally smiled at each other.

"Hahahahahaha. Young master finally came back!"

Grandpa laughed merrily.

As a man, they didn't need too many words to understand each other.

"Grandpa Bora, Grandma Suma did you go to the other Houses to look for help?"

Grandpa Bora and Grandma Suma's smiling faces suddenly changed to sour ones.

"Yes young master, both of us went to look for some help about searching for you.

Yesterday we went to the House of Wolf,  the House of Ranger, and the House of Berserker.

We also requested an audience with the clan leader. But guards didn't let us in and they said the clan leader was busy so we should come back later.

So as a last resort we went to the House of Shadow today. But unsurprisingly, they also didn't help us."

Grandpa Bora's sour face became sourer when he mentioned the meeting with other Houses.

There were five Founder Houses in the clan including the main clan House.

House of Silvelion, House of Wolf, House of Berserker, and House of Shadow were titled with Founder House because they helped the first clan leader while he was settling and founding the clan more than a millennium ago.

Before, the House of Silverlion and House of Wolf were allies. The second heir of the House of Wolf was Ezar's best friend. He was the only one who didn't turn his back on Ezar when he learned Ezar was a cripple excluding Nuna, Lily, Grandpa Bora, and Grandma Suma.

But after Ezar's parents were murdered the House of Wolf distanced itself from the House of Silverlion. Although the second heir of the House of Wolf did all he could do to support Ezar, most of the time he was caught and grounded.

Relationships between the House of Berserker and the House of Silverlion were mostly neutral.

On the other hand, the House of Shadow and the House of Silverlion were like oil and water. The enmity between them could be traced to the first House leaders but the main reason was because of their legacies.

His House's summoner beasts the Silvelions had an affinity with more than one element but one of the main ones was light. And with their innate domain ability, they have perfectly encountered the House of Shadow.

And House of Shadow always hated that. Because of that they never had ambitious thoughts in the clan.

"So even the House of Wolf didn't help us?"

"Yes young master, although they didn't make demands like other Houses, they directly rejected our request.

Actually, at first, we tried to meet with the heir of the House of Wolf but they didn't let us meet with him and the House leader personally met with us and rejected our request."

"Hoh, so it is like that. Grandpa Bora, you said the other Houses except for the House of Wolf made some demands. What they demanded?"

"Young Master, the House of Ranger, and the House of Berserker, both demanded ten thousand gold for a small search team.

And today the House of Shadow, they… they…"

Grandpa Bora clenched his fists. His sour face now was showing a tint of anger.

"What did they do? Did they harm you guys?"

"No, young master. They didn't harm us."

This time Grandma Suma answered Ezar's question.

"Just like the other two Houses they also demanded ten thousand gold for a small search team.

But after they said that if we don't enough money they can accept N-Nuna as a payment.

They said if Nuna joins the House of Shadow as a concubine of the third heir, they will send a search team for the young master."

---Boom

When Grandma Suma finished her talk, Ezar's bloodlust spread like an endless river.

"One after other coming after my family. Good, good, good. I, Ezar Sliverlion, will remember the things they did to us. And everything will be paid when the time comes."

"Young master, you shouldn't be reckless."

"Yes,  young master, it isn't time to make some enemies."

Granpa Bora and Grandma Suma were worried that their young master would do something reckless, so they tried to calm him.

"Don't worry Grandpa Bora, don't worry Grandma Suma, I won't do something that endangers my family."

"By the way, young master when we were coming back to House we saw some people at the mansion's gate.

And one of them was the fourth heir of the House of Berserker. Did something happen?"

"Well, there was another toad want to eat swan meat so, I showed him to the door."

"?"

"?"

"Nevermind, let's continue after going inside the mansion. I am sensing some curious flies nearby."

When Nuna heard Ezar's statement her ears perked while she was listening surroundings.

[Are there spies listening to us? How come I didn't sense them.]

"Nuna, you don't have to raise your vigilance. As I said, they just fly. Let's go."

"Yes young, Nuna followed her young master into to mansion but she didn't drop her vigilance."

After the mansion's door when everyone went inside. Ezar staggered and nearly fell to the ground.

Nuna quickly caught him from his arm and placed it on her shoulders while holding his waist with her other hand.

"Young master, are you alright? What happened?"

"Don't worry. I am alright. I just tried because of the fight."

"I know it. You pushed yourself too much, right?"

"Hehe…"

"Don't hehe to me?"

Actually, all the calm demeanor before was just a facade. Although Ezar didn't injure his soul power like before, soul domain was still a high-grade soul technique. 

And using a high-grade technique was always toll somebody's body, especially with a weak body.

If Ezar had his old body, this kind of expenditure couldn't even cause him to pant.

"Nuan, that's enough. Young master needs to rest."

Grandma Suma interrupted their talk with a stern look.

"I still had somethings to say to you."

"Well, I don't know what young master wants to say. But I am sure they can wait till tomorrow."

"But…"

"No, buts. To the shower, right now.

Meanwhile, I prepare some food and put them in the young master's room. So you can eat them after the shower and quickly go to sleep."

"Yes, ma'am."

What could Ezar do? All the women at the House of Silverline had scary faces when they were serious.

So Ezar qucikly go to shower. Tell the truth he was also desiring a refreshing shower and sleep. And as Grandma Suma said other things could wait till morning, right?

Meanwhile in the audience room of House of Berserker.

---Crashh.

A man threw the glass cup in his hands to the ground.

"You piece of trashes. If you can't even protect your young master, why do you even exist?"

In the room, two men were kneeling in front of another man who was sitting on a throne-like chair on a higher platform.

And who is this person? He was Bekro's father which means House leader of the House of Berserker; Azok.

And two kneeling men in front of Azok were the lackeys beaten by Ezar. Right now they were reporting what did happen in the Hause of Silverlion's territory.

"Is there anything else you didn't tell me?"

Two lackeys looked at each other and gulped. And the second lackey decided to tell the Ezar's last words that told them.

"That… that…House leader… Ezar… he…he…told"

"I don't have the passion to listen to your rubbish the whole day. What did he tell?"

"Clan leader, he said that if anyone from the House of Berserker trespass their territory again, they will be killed on the spot and he will take the matter to the clan council for an explanation from the House of Berserker."

---Boom

House leader Azok's bloodlust suddenly spread and engulfed all of the audience room.

"Hahahahahahahaha…."

House leader Azok began to laugh crazily.

"He dares to threaten me with killing my clansmen and taking the matter to clan council. Hahahahaha… Let's who took the matter to the clan council. Orba!"

"I am here, House Leader."

A middle-aged man who waiting at the first line of soldiers in the room came forward and kneeled on his right knee.

"Take my seal and go to the clan leader's mansion and tell them that I am requesting an urgent council gathering for an explanation.

If the council doesn't gather tomorrow, the House of Berserker will take that explanation from the House of Silverlion by itself."

"Yes, House Leader."

"And you two. I will decide your punishment after Bekro awakens. Till then you will wait in the dungeon. Men, take these two to the dungeon."

Two lackeys' faces paled from fright but they couldn't object to the House Leader's order. Otherwise, they would go to the otherworld instead of the creepy dungeon.

"Heh, young brat. Do you think you can threaten me? You are still a hundred years younger for that." House Leader Azok told while drinking his wine a new cup that was brought by a servant.


Hello Everyone, Author is Here;

I appreciate that if you support me on my Patreon;
https://www.patreon.com/moncherWN?fan_landing=true
Any amount helps no matter how small.

I want “I Cultivate with Science” to become a long-lasting novel. So I am waiting for your support.

6