The Job allocating ceremony
985 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Claire's POV

"Claire! Claire! Where are you?"

Sorry Maxwell I need to get the necessary herbs to help Nina...

"There you are..."

"How?... How did you find me?"

"You are always doing this. So it was pretty easy to deduce where you were going... You are going to the forest...to look for those herbs, right?"

" Yes, I need to find them so that I can make a healing potion for Nina."

"Figured...I am coming with you."

"No, you remain here. It is not safe."

"That is why I need to come with you. I want to protect you."

"You do know the monsters still lurk around."

"Yes, I know..."

"Aren't you scared of dying?"

"I... I should be the one asking you that question."

"Well I am not and even if I was who will do this for us."

" If you are not then I am not."

"Okay let us go fast so that we will be back before the monsters became active and Sister Mary finds out."

"Yeah"

"Let us go then, I know the place so just follow me."

"Ok..."

Looks like Maxwell will be joining me for my gathering mission. I just don't want to lose Nina the way I have lost the others.

"Ahhh... Claire?"

"Yes."

"The job allocating ceremony is next week, right?"

"Yes, it is."

"Are you excited for it?"

"Well to say the truth I am not."

"But why, You can end up getting a cool Job like Hero or Sage."

"You do know that the only way a person can get those Jobs is if the Demon Lord of Calamity is about to make an appearance again... We are not ready to take on a disaster like that this soon."

"Yeah I know that but still don't you want a life out of the orphanage where you can pursue your life's purpose?"

"No! I don't want any of that... I want to remain here in the orphanage and help take care of the children."

"Seriously. You don't itch to see the outside world?"

"No, I don't."

"But imagine the..."

"I don't want to lose my family okay!"

"Alright, calm down."

"I am good with my life in the orphanage. I believe my life's purpose is right there in the orphanage with the children. Besides, if I leave them who is going to take care of them?"

"But..."

"Maxwell! look there. Those are the herbs I am looking for."

"Great, let us pick them up fast so that we can return to the orphanage."

"Yeah...

 I don't think this is enough... I see some way over there. You pick on this side then I will pick over there."

"Alright, If you need help or see something dangerous just yelp for help and I will be right there."

"Okay...Thanks for coming with me Maxwell. I appreciate all that you are doing."

With our labour divided we can gather a lot of the needed herbs that I require to make the potion.

Oh, these look good, I can use this to make a very relaxing tea, and these can work as very good seasoning for food. 

Was that growling. I must be hearing my own...

"Claire watch out."

It's a Dire wolf. For a second there I might have been a goner good thing Maxwell is such an excellent archer.

"Let us go back to the orphanage before its pack can get a chance to devour us."

We ran as fast as we could and after a lot of falling and tripping from all the exposed roots we finally got back to the orphanage with the necessary herbs. 

Looks like nobody noticed yet. I got down to work and after a lot of work, I had the potion I so wanted.

"Finally, I can make Nina feel better before anyone notices...Nina drink this."

"...It tastes yucky."

" But how do you feel now."

"I feel much better now. Thanks"

"That's good. Now have some rest. I will bring you some food when it's ready."

"Ok, Love you, Claire."

"Love you, Nina"

...It has been a week since Nina was sick, she looks healthy and fine now glad I could save this seven-year-old girl. I really love her.

 I don't know what Job I am going to be receiving today but hopefully, It will be one that will allow me to return to the orphanage.

"Claire, Maxwell are you ready?"

"Yes sister Mary, we are ready."

"Good, we can now head to the church for your baptism."

This was my first time getting to ride such a prestigious thing. I always thought carriages were for Noble. I wonder why they are treating us this special. There is a church near the orphanage so can't we get our jobs in the village? But if they insist For us to go to the Holy Capital then we will just have to do so.

"It will take us about half a day to reach the Holy capital then tomorrow you will be presented in front of the High priest with a few others where you will receive your jobs."

The trip was interesting, the lodging interesting and the day was just very interesting. It felt nice to be treated so well like I was one of the high-born.

Then the time to be presented came.

"Greetings to all of you young followers. Before we start the baptism I would like to tell a little bit of the story behind it all.

It all began about a decade and a half with an attack from the demon lord of calamity who caused monsters to rain from the heavens. Her thirst for blood and despair was all that seemed to drive her. Her heart was a bottomless pit that feed on fear and suffering. Wherever she went death and carnage followed her. Her power was great and so was her cruelty. I believe Humankind were the first to face her might before she could proceed to dominate the other races and inevitably the entire world. Many people lost their lives and homes but when all hope seemed lost a powerful light pervaded the darkened sky and as it illuminated the world, Beings full of majesty poured out of it. They declared themselves gods and there was our salvation.

They reduced the hoards of tens of thousands that ran rampant in our lands to only a few thousand. After that they helped salvage what had remained of humanity and finally we thought the nightmare was over. But before they left we first heard it. The prophecy of the return of the demon lord of calamity but this time they promised to leave us with a way to fight it. That is the Hero and his four powerful comrades.

 They then disappeared gloriously as they appeared. Immediately after they left the whole world heard it. The voice of the world. I believe the voice is a gift they left for us.

Now line up young ones for you to be baptised so that you can hear the voice of the world and wield its power. "

The baptism then began. It was quite a simple process, I assume since they were coming out of that room as fast as they were going in.

It then reached for Maxwell and mine's Job allocation. 

Maxwell came out and immediately told me his job was a hunter. Yeah, that suits him now he can finally pursue his adventures.

Then I went in. First, they pricked my finger so that a drop of blood dripped out of my index finger and into a sort of device. I don't know what happen after that all I know is that a few seconds later. I could see it. The famous status.

My status read as follows

Name: Claire

Gender: Female

Race: Human

Overall level:1

Racial level:1

Job level:1

Class level:N/A

Hp:100/100

Mp:200/200

Str:10 Int:25 Vit:10 Dex:5 lck:9 Agl:12

Atk:10 Def:10 Phy atk:10 Mag atk: N/A Phy Def:10 Mag Def:N/A

Resistance:N/A

Magic attributes: Light magic, wind magic

Traits: Angelic blood, predetermined path, celestial blessing

Skills: Medicine and Potion making (lvl 2), Herb gathering(lvl3), Botany(lvl3)

Magic skills: N/A

Titles: Saint to be, orphan

"She is here, I can't believe it she is here. The saint"

 

 Claire's status

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10