Enter Ice Witch
224 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cilia's POV

Why is everything so blurry? What happened?

"... Princess...My princess are you ok?"

"Yes, I am fine Elise, just a little bit heavy and wow in so much pain... What happened to the Demonoid? "

"It looks like you were able to defeat the Demonoid but that came at a major cost to both your body and the forest."

"Yeah, I see what you mean. The aftermath is quite a sight to behold.

 Using my magic I might be able to heal this... Am I out of mana? Guess healing my wounds might have to wait."

" Sorry I cannot heal anyone other than myself so we will have to find a healer in the village we were heading to."

" So are we still heading for the Holy capital afterwards."

"Of course..."

"How sure are you that I won't escape once I am fully healed."

"Well, I believe if you wanted to you already would have."

".. Who is the weird-looking woman."

"That is Hannah, she is a former Paladin and is one of the church's greatest knights."

" Was one of the church's greatest knights... I no longer work for that tyrannical organisation... So, are you the famous Queen of Carnage?"

" My name is Cilia thank you very much. While people have dubbed me that name it is not my own. The only queen in my life is my..."

" Well, you are nothing special. What a disappointment... I can't believe the most feared bounty hunter is just an inexperienced girl... Other than your unique type of magic I don't see anything special about you."

" Who are you to talk like that about me? It is not like you are any better... If Elise defeated you that easily then you should just keep your mouth shut for I can defeat you twice as fast as she did."

"Not everything that meets the eye is what it seems."

"That is what I should be telling you. You should not be so quick to judge me by my cover."

" You do know power is not everything in a fight..."

" Of course, I know that. My queen taught me that power is a weakness in the face of experience unless you have the experience to beat the experience.

" What was all that... You just sounded like a confused person."

" Nothing that you would understand. Anyway calling me an inexperienced weak young woman is a huge insult to my queen and all she believed in and I cannot allow that, So if you continue with this I am going to make you pay."

"And how are you going to do that exactly? Are you going to tie me up with your whip or maybe lash me with it? Quite the kinky weapon you have as your main."

"Silence you vexatious person or I..."

"Or you will what? Report me to your invisible queen?"

" Hannah that is enough taunting."

" How dare you make fun of my queen. I will make you pay."

" You will make me pay for insulting your invisible queen. What a hilarious joke. Do you even know your queen's name?"

"Of course I do, it is...it's..."

"You can't even remember her name. Do you know why you can't remember her name? Hint it's because you are delusional."

"That is enough from you Hannah."

" I will kill you!!!"

" My princess please calm down. You will only end up hurting yourself."

"My Princess this my princess that. Is that fancy title all for her?... Must be nice for you two. Just a couple of princesses travelling together."

" Hannah, what exactly is it that you are trying to accomplish here?"

"Nothing really just getting to know my travelling companions. We are going to the main church together so shouldn't I use this chance to know you all?"

"Your definition of getting to know someone is crooked and quite vexing.

 Let me help you up princess."

" It's not a must Elise...Aaargh"

"Stop being stubborn you clearly can't walk so let me just carry you up to the next village."

"..."

"Stop thinking too much."

" This is quite a sight, the princess carrying her princess... Anyway, you two lovebirds hurry up, the sun is setting and we don't want to be out here when it does."

After a while, we were in the village. Elise quickly searched for an inn where I could lie down and rest while she searched for a healer. Unfortunately for me, she left the vexing Hannah in the same room.

" So little princess what is your story?"

" Why should I tell you?"

" Alright, no need to be puffy... I just wanted to know how you became a witch and maybe how you and her royal highness met."

" Is this fun for you?"

" Is what fun for me?"

" Irritating people... You seem to enjoy it very much."

" Well that is not always my intention but unfortunately for me, it happens, better get used to it."

" Anyway if you must know, I was born this way and Elise is the only friend I have known since birth... 

Speaking of witches I guess you are one as you seem to be interested in them."

" How does my interest in how you became a witch resonate with me being one?"

" Well before I passed out during my battle with that Demonoid. I felt the presence of a witch or something close to a witch... I assume that was you?"

" Maybe?"

" Don't act dumb, My mana might be quite low but I still faintly feel that signature from you."

" Well, you are half correct and half wrong. I am not a witch like you said but something close... Unfortunately for the church, I did not turn into the chaos witch they so hope for. I am instead a chaos knight or a dark paladin if you so wish."

"But aren't you afraid of returning to the Holy Capital? After all, everyone believes you are dead. Not everyone is as Kind as Elise"

"I should be asking you the same thing...

Oh Elise you are back..."

" But where is the healer?"

"I was not able to find one. Don't worry you don't need one anymore, with this mana potion you should be able to replenish enough mana to heal yourself."

"Those are always very expensive. How very kind of you."

"Thanks, I feel much better now..."

" Ok, we eat, sleep then tomorrow we set off for the capital once more."

Our journey to the capital began the following morning and after a few weeks, we were there. My mission was now to begin.

" Welcome back Lady Jocelyn, should I inform the High priest of your arrival."

"Yes Antonio, Thank you very much."

"Right away Lady Jocelyn. I will now take my leave."

"...Hello lady Jocelyn, may we assist you in any way."

" Nice of you two to ask, Can you please escort these ladies to the witches' tower?"

" Right away lady Jocelyn."

" Don't let them out of your sight.

" As you wish."

" Right this way..."

" Must be nice being the top Paladin..."

" Chloe we have a task to fulfil. So please stop being rude."

" We are fulfilling it aren't we?"

"Yeah but don't talk in such a manner in front of people, especially strangers. "

"But aren't I right? She is free to pursue her personal missions without fear of punishment from the heads."

" Kid you are not supposed to talk like that about your superior."

"And why should you care? It's not your concern to care about how I speak of my superior... 

Is she even deserving of the title Highest ranking Paladin? Dame Jenna is much more deserving... I mean she is the best..."

" What did you just say, little girl."

" Dame... Jenna...Is... much more deserving."

" Who is this Jenna?"

" Why should I tell..."

" Do you want me to split your head?"

" She is the second highest ranking Paladin."

" Is she in the Cathedral right now?"

"No, unlike Lady Jocelyn Dame Jenna undertakes serious church missions.

...Everyone in the Cathedral believes that Lady Jocelyn is getting special treatment because she is the Hero's cousin...if that was not the case I am sure Dame Jemma would have taken the top spot."

" We are here at the witches' tower. You can now take your respective cells."

" But they all seem full..."

"It seems so...Oh, you can share with the girl with red and white hair over there."

" Sure thing kid but don't think this is our last meeting"

" Chloe!! Let's leave here before anything else happens."

" Okay, let's go, Miranda."

" So this cell is the only one with a single person. I wonder why?"

" ... Maybe people are afraid of her."

"Of course, they would be, she is a witch."

"Aren't they all?"

" Well she is a special type of witch if I do say so... What's your name Ice Witch?"

"...I don't engage in conversations"

" Wow cold as ice...Well, no need to worry Icy I already know your name. It was just a formality"

"Wait do you have a skill to view someone's Status?"

"What if I have?"

"That explains how you instantly knew all that about me."

"Well Icy looks like you will be useful in my plan so how do you feel about breaking out of here?"

"..."

" It's okay take your... arrrrgh

...You just froze off my left hand!!!"

"Continue disturbing me and your right hand will be next."

"Well, looks like this mission will be quite the piece of cake."

4