Facing floor 99: Elemental Valkyrie 4( Fire and brimstone)
122 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

The uncomfortable darkness has now grown to be uncomfortable light... No, that is not accurate, It is more like my centre vision is completely dark while light is still being received by my peripheral vision. 

I am beginning to think that my situation is no longer that of temporary blindness. 

Did I actually fry my Macula? Hmmm... That would explain why I have lost my central vision and my peripheral vision is just coloured noise.

If that is the case then I am in a heap of trouble.

"...Umph.."

"How dare you leave yourself open to my attacks, Are you belittling me? If you are going to show me this level of dishonour by not taking our fight seriously then you are not a worthy foe for my halberd to be used on. I will put you in your place using only my fists."

Immediately after she said those words in a fiery tone the temperature drastically increased and what followed was a barrage of very powerful and heated punches. At some point, I thought that my skin was going to peel off from the intense fiery fists.

What can I do in this situation? If I don't find a way to get my sight back I might end up dying without accomplishing anything...

 I can't even think straight.  

Maybe if I activate my thought acceleration I might at least be able to increase my speed of thought and with it come up with a good Idea.

"...Li...za...Increase...thou...ght... process... by...55%..."

[Thought process increased, Creator thought process is now increased by 55%.]

I can still feel her blows but I at least have some room to think...

Now, how can I overcome the loss of my sight? Maybe using my ears?... Yeah right like I could learn to use my ears to see right now in this instant. Although it is a common thought that once you lose one of your senses all the other get heightened it's not like I can just immediately learn how to use my other sense to appraise my environment.

Man, I miss my vampire sight, apart from regular vision I had thermo-vision and am pretty sure that wouldn't have needed my Macula to work. Better yet with my vampire body, I could completely regenerate new eyes in the process.

I can feel her mana converging even more...Wait, Mana converging... That gives me an Idea. What if I use mana search as a visionary device? Yeah, with enough information I can at least tell all the mana that is in my surrounding. It might not be the best way to see but it is at least better than nothing.

Speaking of mana converging, how was I able to notice it? I have never noticed it before. Maybe my senses are already adapting or is Liza is doing her thing again?

Anyway going back to Mana search, I can use its echolocating properties to read the magic silhouette of all that is around me giving me a sort of equal standing in terms of sight.

Now that I have applied that thought to practice I sort of have my sight back, in fact, all that is around me is being revealed to even the most minuscule of points. While I cannot tell the details of all that is around me I can properly see the outlines laid out.

Now back to the fight. I can finally block all her attacks even if the heat is making me very sloppy.

"... So you have finally decided to do something."

Looking now at her movements, they are very quick, precise, efficient and with minimal movement. She definitely has mastered her close-quarters combat. Her actions are quite superhuman too even though compared to Olrun they might as well be standing still.

While dodging them right now for me is possible my movements are getting even more and more sloppy I assume because my body temperature is quickly skyrocketing. If this continues I might end up dead if not from her attacks then from this outrageous level of heat.

Speaking of which I have been so preoccupied with the loss of my sight that I forgot to look at my Hp and Mp levels.

Can I even see them?  I am hoping I can because I don't know how long I will last here.

Hp:6780/25750

Mp:800/15000

Ok, looks like I still have some Hp and Mp. Looking at these stats should I maybe heal myself... No, I think that would be a waste of mana. While my Hp may go up it will definitely require twice or even thrice the normal amount of mana since like low temperatures high temperatures inhibit metabolic activities of the cell so it might end up even not working in the first place.

The best way forward is for me to find a way to reduce my overall body temperature and maintain it at normal levels so that I can fight Gondul effectively. But the question is how do I achieve that?... I could try to introduce some water magic... No, the water would just immediately evaporate in this high heat leaving me in a worse state than I was before.

...Is she getting faster or am I getting slower?

 Wow at this rate I will end up losing my life here.

I can slowly feel my sweat trickle down my body, at this point, it's coming out of me in waves.

" Man!!! What I would do to put my head in refrigerator right now..."

Refrigerator? Hmmm...

"Liza can I still use the fragmented Winterschleier?"

[...Ye...s...]

What's up with her? Maybe the heat is getting to her too. Anyway if I can use that ability then I might be able to solve my problems...

Good, I was able to summon Winterschleier. I can already feel its effects. 

Now to summon an eternal winter...

The temperatures are going down.

"So you can use my younger sister's abilities... It doesn't matter if you can after all this encounter will conclude the same way regardless of whatever you do but since you have gotten serious I should also use my halberd, Feuriger Riese"

What is that? Is that an eruption?... Now that I look at the layout of the land it does look like a volcanic landscape.

... The mana levels are getting pretty high and my head has already started to ache. Well of course it has, my Mp had just landed in the negatives. Right now as things stand this is going to be a battle of magic-generated fire and Ice. As she is increasing her flames I am also increasing my Ice.

" ...So you are attempting a domain usurpation. Seems I was too hasty for calling you dishonourable. I admire your grit but I will definitely come out on top."

The battle between fire and Ice continued for a while. While sometimes it felt like I was about to win other times Gondul looked to be gaining the upper hand. This continued for some time until we found ourselves in a stalemate. 

But now I am not feeling so good. My head has started splitting to the point that I am very dizzy. In the end, it looks like Gondul was right this is going to conclude in her favour...

Hmmm... that is interesting.

She is also getting slower, and her mana convergence is getting weak... So is she like 

Hildr? Most probably, The fire in her is slowly dying. Maybe I have a chance if I pair my Ice with a light magic spell. A long ranged Ice shard imbued with light energy should work nicely...

...She was able to block that! But it does look like the Ice is affecting her. So if I attack her persistently with Ice shards I should be able to wear her down enough to...

Her strength is returning with her flames.

She is now coming at me at quite the speed, I think she wants to fight at close-quarters combat

...What is that smell? Is that burning matches? I think I am smelling burning sulphur. If that is the case am I inhaling poisonous fumes?

Here she comes and it looks like she is going all out, Now that I am taking a good look at her silhouette, some veins are going across her body, are those the spirit circuit pathways? If they are the mana pathways, then it would explain why there are multiple points where the mana is concentrated.

Maybe If I attack these points they would cause her loss of magic like how regular pressure points affect physical abilities.

...

Wow, she is well guarded but with enough persistence, I should be able to, yes I actually succeeded. It looks like a powerful attack focused on those points really does affect your magical output.

Now that she can no longer produce fire I can defeat her by stubbing her heart, ah scratch that. Since I can no longer see her chest I will aim for her head or neck.

She still has fire in her spirit, looks like taking away her magic doesn't phase her at all But she does look exhausted and am not doing well either. I just want all of this to end so I will impale her with all the Ice shards I can conjure...

...That was very brutal and bloody but at least the fight is over. Wait I see something like a ball of energy float away. Is that her soul? It is going through what I assume is the wall behind the gate. So is it possible that the gates are meant for souls? Either way, it doesn't matter. Oh, I can see the mana of something, it's the letters of that cryptic language.

"The tremors quake through the earth breaking open and pouring out a new york. "

Oh there is a second sentence

" The rapture within takes us back to its origins."

[ Alert the threshold for the skills Mana sight, Mana sense, Mana search, laser projection and Domain encroachment have been achieved thus the creator has obtained all previously named skills.]

Finally New skills and an increase in my stats. This is a huge leap in both Hp and Mp. I can finally say that I am going someway.

Now to fly onto the next domain. Well, not too fast or I lose my vision.

4