Half the elf
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maggie's POV

Not a day goes by without me thinking of him. Would my presence have had any impact in sparing his life, I don't think it would. All those who tried to work towards saving him were talented beyond compare. Even if I did save him, would he have looked at me the same? I doubt he would have. Well, this all began because I desired him to look at me differently. I desired him to look at me the way he looked at her. I know that the alleged relationship was cleared up but I could still, feel. The way he looked at her was the way you look at a person whom you care for deeply. I couldn't help but suffer in silence. Even when she was gone he still yearned for. I always thought that once she was out of the picture, he would be free to turn his gaze to me but that was not the case. Even in death he still only looked at her. To humans, I may look like an adult but all in all, I am still a child. The lifespan of an elf far outweighs that of a human but I still wished for it. I still yearned for it, his gaze was the only thing that could have sate this ache in my heart. The thirst for his affection drove me insane that I had to do something to quench it...

I know it was Immoral of me to do so but even if it was for one night, I wanted him to see me. And he did, he finally saw me, I received his affection, his love, I received his whole being. I know it all was because of the drug but who cared he took me in his arms and made me his. I finally felt the joy of being loved, his gaze, his touch, his lingering scent. The night we spent was sublime and with it, I found a joy I didn't dare to imagine. 

After that night I yearned for more, wishing I could get more but once it was done I knew he would never look at me the same. He must have been disgusted with my behaviour. I couldn't dare to face him in his disappointment. I was there for afraid of the gaze he would now give me, so I ran, I hid and I dared not to return. I could not let anything corrupt the gaze he gave me that night. I still cherish the memory of that day, the memory of he wanting me and no other woman. The desire to lay with the love of my life and become one, I know it was immoral either way but I don't think I would have done it any other way if I was given a chance.

It has been several years since then and I still miss him dearly. Every day I found new ways to miss him I often wonder if our beautiful home is still in that town. I always imagine if he would have taken me as his wife, how would it have been? What memories would we have made? How many children would we have had? I know that I am an elf and his life would have withered far quicker than mine but if we had been joined in matrimony I would have lived and died with him.

When the news came of his capture and the destruction of our home I was anxious and saddened as I knew if he wasn't saved death would soon have taken him away and just as I feared it did. 

I always thought if you ever left me in this world then I would have nothing else to do but to join you in death, and I desired for that but I couldn't as that one passionate night bore me a great gift from you.

I have a son who exactly looks like you. He is half-elf but nonetheless looks like you. I gave him your name so that I dared not to forget what a gift he was. I stare deeply at him and this always provokes the thoughts of you. I can't help but miss you when I look at our son.

I have come here today not to ask for your forgiveness but to say goodbye, I hope you can see how beautiful and brilliant our son is wherever you are.

***

"Sister you took me in during my time of troubles and for that I am grateful but I think it is time I go back home."

"Are you leaving for the Forest of Elves?"

"Yes, I no longer have anything tying me to this country. I feel it's time I go back home as it would be safer to care for my child there than here."

"I hear you, sis. If I didn't have the twin wolves and the fox I would have definitely come too but I..."

"I understand you are also a mother, anyway I hope we will meet again very soon. I will try to write to you once a month."

"Sure thing sis, and by the way did you ever get to visit his grave, I think he was buried in the communal graveyard, I don't know what Merle and the others were thinking doing that."

"Yeah...I suppose they must have done it so that we could visit him whenever we wanted to..."

"So did you? I know that you were always anxious too."

"Yes, I finally did. I got to tell him goodbye and show him our beautiful gift."

"That's good, I guess you have your closure now."

"Yeah, I suppose so..."

"Anyway, safe journey, and greet mom and dad once you get back. Bye."

"Okay bye."

And with that, I began my journey back to my homeland, it will take a while but I will definitely get there I don't know how well I will be received but I want to share my experiences with them.

1