Levelling the labyrinth:The projectors
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

I have been working on my domain projection doing a bit of experimenting here and there trying to understand how it works and what am able to do with it. To begin with my domain the creation lab fundamentally works by taking in the information I provide it and turning it into reality, for example, if I wanted to make a knife I only needed to know the process of making a knife and said knife would appear. While that is the gist of it the process is still an interesting one to explore as the domain adapts to the needed environment for the production of said knife then the process automatically carries itself out till the product is finished before readjusting itself into its default state which is the Lab I left back on Earth.

I have done a couple of experiments messing with different values such as size, shape and others and made quite interesting findings, I found out that I could resize the lab to whatever size I deemed fit and this allowed me to make micro or huge versions of the same product. While the process remained the same, the scale of the production had different energy requirements with it varying from small to large. Smaller versions consumed little qi and aether while large ones consumed a lot more. As I was doing this I got an idea of maybe messing with the size of the final product and see if it was possible to and to my benefit it was, the only problem was that the product had a very different quality to the one made at its original size, well it was to be expected as how can a zoomed-in photo look the same as the one took in its original dimensions. I continued exploring many things such as shapes, colour, materials and everything that could be thought of and made different versions of the product and concluded that as long as you included the necessary stage in the process it had a better quality than those forcefully made on the end product. I also came to see that as long as my domain was up I could manipulate anything within and made from it all by using my mind and oh boy how many scenarios I conjured up of how useful this would be both in my day-to-day and for battle. Once I saw that I had thoroughly explored all that my first domain could do I wanted to move to my second one. I was hesitant at first as I was not sure I could sustain two domains at once and sure enough the first time I tried I lost consciousness seconds after but I slowly found a workaround after a lot of trial and error, that was by shrinking my lab to a very small one and maintaining a product of the domain on my hand such as a knife, this allowed me the ability to bypass the restriction of having to sustain all the two barriers. My second domain the Bloodied Eclipse was a much more demanding one. Whenever I tried to explore anything about it I found myself exhausted and not able to sustain it. It also didn't help that my first domain sort of acted as an interference to my second one. I tried overcoming this issue but it was something I was struggling with. How much I missed Liza and my parallel processing ability. After a lot of trials, I was at least able to know a bit about my second domain well not much but a bit. Discovered that my second domain was truly a broken ability not that my first one wasn't but the things I thought would be possible just from what little I knew about the domain were scary and at the same time amazing. To begin with, my second domain looked to be fundamentally brought out by my vampiric abilities, well maybe not my vampiric abilities but my asura essence, although it did have a lot of vampiric influence, anyway whatever it was that led to its creation I felt like I held a power that was one that could topple the world I wanted to go back too. To begin with, the domain seemed to allow me to have the ability to identify who was a vampire and who was not a vampire within it well maybe that is not a big deal as I could have learned how to spot them but still that is not where it ends after that, I found out I could literary freeze all non vampires in fear as long as they did not match me in strength. I also could tell who had the greatest qi in their blood to siphon off, it was a weird thing to me. I was not sure about it as I had not done all this but from the revelation of my domain's abilities, this seemed to be something I could do although,l was not sure where I would be using it. Another thing I learnt is I could share senses and abilities with all vampires in my bloodline which means most vampires as very few were not of my bloodline I think, this was one of the scariest abilities but it doesn't stop there I could also extend the range of my domain by using the vampires within my domain as boosters. Apart from the vampires if the red light of my domain ever comes into contact with either an object outside the domain or otherwise, the thing will immediately fall under the domain of my control including humans, monsters and all other things as long as they didn't have the willpower or ability to fight me off they would all be compelled to follow my command, vampires too but those had a bit of a different case to them. For those who would not fall under my command, my domain would work on analysing them both weakness and abilities and then giving me a way to fight them. A bonus was that I could promote a vampire or demote a vampire allowing them to gain or lose their abilities if they were from my bloodline. The information about the bloodied eclipse was so overwhelming scary and the thought of if I ever turned to want to harm others how much I could abuse the power I had, well let's just hope that I don't actually turn evil even after adapting the persona of Demon lord. There was so much more to explore such as demons outside vampires having the ability to join the ranks of my bloodline and other things but I was not able to explore anything beyond just working on projecting the domain and extending its range, then Freya came.

" I see that you are now able to project domains. So as I said before, unleash your domain and turn this space of pure whiteness into your domain beyond my eyes and you would be ready to go back home."

And as she said I did so, I unleashed my bloodied eclipse domain as it had the better range and was able to accomplish my goal.

"Your domain looks good for now, still needs some work but good enough, now we fight."

"What? There was nothing about fighting in our previous agreement..."

"How would I know how much your skills have improved and how well you can use your domain."

And just like that, we were off to another battle. With Freya being as unforgiving as ever with her punches, I used a mixture of the martial arts I had gained from my master, the arrays she had taught me plus my magic circles everything but still Freya was as strong as ever. I even tried using my first domain's ability to conjure up a weapon I could use against Freya but nothing was able to stop her. I tried using my second domain to see if it could truly harness her weakness but then I passed out. 

On waking up, Freya informed me that although I still had a long way to go I was ready to leave the dreamscape and with that, we were there saying our goodbyes. She reminded me of the deal we had made of returning her to the hundredth floor as she would only attract her father to the material realm. She told me to use a command she gave me to make her return to the material realm as she had to with the command and after that we said our goodbyes leaving the dreamscape to enter Floor 97 and she going back to Floor 100.

As soon as I entered floor 97 my head was flooded both with pain and notifications of levelling up and gaining new skills. Liza was back too and immediately I was reminded of my predicament and had to switch to the persona of Raphael.

Looking at Raphael's stats nothing had changed with everything looking the same, I only gained a bunch of new skills. The one that I found useful was that many of the mana skills I earned from fighting the Valkyries now had sub-skills an example was mana sight now had the subskills qi sight and aether sight allowing me to see both with difference unlike how I saw them as one and the same before, the same applied for the other mana skills. This situation came in handy not long after as the monsters I was facing on Floor 97 would have been quite a headache without them.

Looking at Floor 97 was a dark landscape with several various stick-like monsters, at first glance they looked like they could be quickly defeated but I came to realize that was not the case and how could it have been it was floor 97 after all, I fought with just one of the monsters throwing all I had at it but nothing was happening, I even tried using the laser skill I had achieved before, nothing was happening then I thought to use one of my domains but unfortunately the qi flow in my body as Raphael was different from my one as Rae and I need to give this new body time to adjust to it so I was left without any qi related abilities including domains and arrays well not all of them just the ones that required I actively need to manipulate qi. I decide to go close quarters and see if maybe I could use my martial arts to harm it some way, I thought that since initially I was using magic before and it didn't have any weakness to it, the weakness might be physical, I knew it was dangerous but I still had to and when I went in I quickly regrated it as although the stick like monster was human shaped it didn't act like a human at all, the way it moved looked so weird and very had to deal with, it hits held a lot of power and damage with them I was barely able to protect my self from it, as I was struggling with just one the others stick started to move towards me, the situation was become even more and more dire with each one looking more deadly than the last, I sat there thinking back to all that I had done while I was in the dream scape, was all that training truly worthless that I couldn't just deal with a bunch of stickmen there and then I decided to do everything in my power to prevail against these weird stickmen, I released a burst of light while taking it to the skies so that I could heal my self and look for a vantage point recoup myself. This situation turned out to have a much more advantageous outcome than before, the light that I produced seemed to weaken one to the point that shrivelled out well only temporarily but it was something. I started to do some analyzing to see how this happened as I had previously used a laser beam on one and that did nothing. Out of nowhere, I had an idea to use my qi sight to search for the core and use light against it. I assumed this was one of those monsters that needed their cores destroyed so as to be defeated and what a wonderful Idea that was, it was immediately revealed to me that the core of the monsters was not in their bodies but in their shadows. The mana, both qi and aether seemed to flow from their shadows to the stick-like bodies.

"Now understand you guys, so those stick-like things are just shells the real monsters are the shadows."

And from there on I went ahead and made quick work of all the qi-filled shadows including some trees that I had not noticed. Once I was done a message about clearing the floor popped up and the gate to floor 96 was opened. 

Before leaving I also received an Item drop. These were new things I experienced that were different to the previous floor. The drop item looked like a piece of stick which was quite weird. I used the makeshift inventory that Liza had prepared for me and headed to the next floor.

2