17 – I won’t give up!
214 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Hares explained everything that had happened the day before to Leina who was extremely shocked. She didn't expect that while sleeping, Hares would have such an unbelievable date, much less that he would return with so much information crucial to them.

After hearing everything, Leina didn't speak, she fell silent as she looked down as if thinking of something.

Hares didn't interrupt her either. Even for him, that was still very shocking information, not something that could be accepted so easily, it took a little time to process everything.

After a while, Leina finally sighed and spoke.

 

“… Is… really worth it…?” (Leina)

 

Leina then looked at Hares. His expression was that of someone who was tired, there was also a little deep melancholy in his gaze that left Hares quite surprised.

 

“Every day we walk and fight, walk and fight, walk and fight. I can't take it anymore, I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore… is it really worth it? In the end, what are we going to find? More killing? One more endless road? Frankly speaking, we don't even know where we're going, we're just walking randomly. Lately, I've even been thinking, is there really anyone else but us in this world? Is anyone still alive? Although I try to think positively, these thoughts still appear occasionally. I do not remember my past, I do not remember where I came from. I don't know who my parents are, nor do I remember if I have brothers, friends or even a boyfriend. I miss home, but I don't remember what my home was like, I miss my family, but I don't know who my family is. Whenever I kill a monster, even if it's not human, I still feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't. Whenever I take the life of one of these monsters, a feeling telling me to "stop" screams in my chest. And now, I just found that everything we go through is just a “prologue” ”(Leina)

 

Leina smiles sadly.

 

“… Until when will we have to do this? What are we going to win by doing this? Where will it take us? Can we go back home? Can we have our memories back? Even if we get our memories back, even if we can go home, then what? Our hands are already so stained with blood, mine are stained with human blood. Can I live a normal life if I come back? Tell me, Hares, can I? ”(Leina)

“…” (Hares)

 

Leina asked Hares with a blank expression, but he didn't answer. Partly because he was stunned, and partly because he didn't know the answer to that question.

Could they come back? Could they live normal lives after all this?

Hares began to have his doubts as well. It was as Leina had said. Every day they did nothing but walk and fight, walk and fight, it was like an endless cycle.

 

Seeing that Hares did not respond, Leina's smile became even more miserable.

She knew, she knew this question had no answer, how could Hares answer it? But she still wanted someone to say that she could go back to living a normal life. Even if it was a lie, it would still be enough for her.

Unfortunately, Hares couldn't lie like that, so if he lied, that lie would not only be for Leina, but for Hares himself as well. How could he claim something that not even he is sure of?

Leina sighed.

 

“… Sometimes I think… it would be so much easier if I just live -!” (Leina)

PAH!

 

Before Leina could finish, she felt a hot ache in her cheek and her face turned to the side abruptly.

In shock, Leina put her hand on her cheek and felt the burning pain. She turned and looked at Hares who had her hand raised and looked at her with an extremely serious look.

Hares had slapped him!

Hares himself was completely shocked by this, that's why he did it reflexively! For a moment he felt his mind whiten after the slap, but the thought of apologizing never crossed his mind. Not only that, but his expression didn't change even if he himself was stunned.

When he came to, he spoke in a firm voice.

 

“… I don't know” (Hares)

 

Hares and Leina looked into each other's eyes and Hares continued.

 

“I don't know where this path will take us. I don't know if in the end there will be more killing or another endless road. I don't know how long we have to do this. I don't know if we can get our memories back or if we can go home. Of course, I don't know if we can have a normal life after that either, but… ”(Hares)

 

Hares paused for a moment and looked deep into Leina's eyes before speaking in an unshakable voice.

 

“… But that's not why I will give up! So I don't know where this path will take me? So I don't know if in the end there will be only more killing or more endless way? So I don't know how long we have to do this? So I don't know if we can get our memories back or if we can go home? So I don't know if we can ever have a normal life again? And? I will not give up! Until I get to the end, no matter what is there, no matter what I get out of it, even if in the end I get nothing but actually lose everything, I still won't give up. That's because, for now, I don't know anything! And knowing nothing gives me hope. Maybe, in the end, there may be nothing, but there is also the possibility that there is something. Maybe we won't be able to have our memories back or go home, but there is also the possibility that we can. We may not be able to live a normal life anymore, but there is also a possibility we can! At the same time that there is not, there is! This is because we do not know what is next. I won't give up, even if I have to walk through hell, even if I have to swim in a sea of ​​blood, even if I have to fight a horde of demons, I'll get to the end, because the possibility of something there is there! And if I lose it because I doubted its existence, I'm sure I'll regret it forever. ”(Hares) even if I have to walk through hell, even if I have to swim in a sea of ​​blood, even if I have to fight a horde of demons, I will come to an end, because of the possibility that there is something there! And if I lose it because I doubted its existence, I'm sure I'll regret it forever. ”(Hares) even if I have to walk through hell, even if I have to swim in a sea of ​​blood, even if I have to fight a horde of demons, I will come to an end, because of the possibility that there is something there! And if I lose it because I doubted its existence, I'm sure I'll regret it forever. ”(Hares)

 

At that moment Leina was so shocked that her mind went blank.

After receiving this information from Hares, Leina felt as if the light she was chasing in the darkness was completely extinguished.

This crazy world was driving her insane. With each passing day, she was beginning to wonder if he now was the same as she was before.

Originally, Leina was not such a silent and introvert woman, in fact, she knew that originally she should be a very determined, positive and social woman, but after coming into this world and being exposed to so much blood and fear, she felt her mind. increasingly crazy.

After receiving the news from Hares, she felt like it was the last straw. One to "barre"? a "that person"? If we don't get stronger will we die? What is it? Just what is going on? How did things get like this? Why did things get like this? We were already so stressed just having to survive in the current situation, now someone says that what we spend seems to be just the beginning?

At this Leina's mind had begun to reach its limit. No matter how strong she is, she is still just an ordinary human being. Perhaps the only reason she had lasted so long was precisely that she had no memories, so the shock of her situation in this world would be greatly reduced.

When she reached the limit, Leina thought that dying would be easier. If she died she wouldn't have to face these situations, she wouldn't have to kill anymore, she wouldn't have to worry about anything else, she wouldn't have to be afraid…

But Hares's slap, as well as his speech, roused her from this insanity.

 

Just… What was I doing…? How could I think of such things?

 

She finally realized that she was not well.

If it wasn't for Hares now, she didn't know what fate she would have followed. In addition, his speech really touched deep in her heart and she felt a blaze of determination begin to burn heavily in her chest.

At the same time, Hares had received a notification.

 

[[Leina] submitted, would you like to subordinate her?]

 

Hares was shocked!

 

Subordinate it? Can I subordinate Leina? No, that aside, can I subordinate humans !?

 

Shock!

Hares had always believed that his ability only allowed him to subordinate monsters, but now he found that he was wrong. His ability not only allowed him to subordinate monsters, but he also allowed him to subordinate humans!

But that was not what shocked Hares, it was the fact that Leina really submitted to him! How can this happen? What the hell is going on in her head to get to this point?

Hares had no idea.

He looked at Leina who was looking at him a little stunned, but when she noticed his look she blushed a little and looked away.

Her shy look was as if an arrow had struck Hares' heart at that moment.

 

t-so pretty…

 

Leina was an unrealistically beautiful woman. Even if Hares had no memories, he was still sure that in his life he'd never seen a woman prettier than her. Her beauty was outside the human realm, at the level of a Goddess.

It's not like Hares never thought anything about her. In fact, sometimes he even felt it would be great if he and Leina could get in a relationship. But Leina has always been a little cold and distant. Also, both of them had their hands full trying to survive, so he had me throw these thoughts to the corner of his head.

But after receiving this message, his mind began to wander freely.

Once subordinated, the other party can never betray or disobey, no matter what Hares did, Leina would happily accept it.

Some dirty images began to appear in Hares' mind and he couldn't help smiling strangely.

 

“Hares?” (Leina)

 

Suddenly, Leina saw Hares acting weird and called out to him.

As soon as Leina called him, Hares stepped out of his fantasies and looked back at Leina. She was indeed a supreme beauty. But looking at her now, Hares felt that earning his love with skill was simply too unfair and unsatisfying. If he wanted his love, he should play fair.

Hares sighed.

 

I'm really an idiot, but what kind of idiot? I also want to know…

 

At the same time, Hares rejected the choice of subordination.

 

[You have rejected [Leina's] subordination, as long as the feelings of the other party do not change, you can always subordinate it when you feel like it].

 

Hares gave a crooked smile. His ability was really proving to be an unfair skill. Even if he refused to subordinate her, while her feelings did not change he could subordinate her at any time.

Hares and Leina looked at each other in silence with their red faces. After this discussion both were embarrassed. Hares were embarrassed by his positive words as well as his previous fantasies while Leina was embarrassed that she had almost given up on her own life and expressed these feelings to Hares.

They both didn't know what to say to each other now.

 

“A-ahem, well. Let's pretend this never happened, okay? For now, I think we should go our way ”(Hares)

“…” (Leina)
Leina didn't answer, she just nodded.

On the other side, Tigress was looking at both of them with a totally blank stare, she had no idea what they were talking about and didn't care about it. Of the whole group, she was by far the most carefree!

 

5