Chapter 5: Izumi and the lottery ticket
2.3k 12 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   "Kimura, your mood is looking off today?", asked Reiji.

   "Oh... you noticed?"

   "Yeah... I mean you didn't slander me even once today."

   "I guess you're right... however it's all due to you..." 

   "Huh? Me?"

   Yes it's you... I was just being bitter right now, but I couldn't help it.

    This guy already had two heroines in the manga but the author went one step ahead and made Izumi too fall in love with him. The worst thing is that she is still a supporting character and can never win against the two main heroines. 

   Last night I once again read the whole manga and didn't find anything that reflects even a slight chance of Izumi getting close to Reiji. Then why has the author done this to her? The author just loves the characters to suffer.

   But also, why did I have to fall in love with her at first sight? Now I can't get her out of my head. It's also another problem.

   I couldn't even confess to her last day after hearing her love for Reiji. Yesterday was my only chance. To be honest if I did confess, she would have been in trouble even more. It was best for me to just leave her alone.

    Also there's not even any comparison between me and Reiji. So even if I confessed, I don't think there had been any chance for my confession to be accepted. 

   "By the way, can you give me some advice, Kimura?"

   "Huh?"

   "It's about Sanae and Mizuha..."

   "Not this again..."

   I wanted something to refresh my mind and here he was back again with his same old problem. 

   "Dude I just want to get out of this right now..." 

   He told me with a grim face. I wondered if he had enough of his harem.

   "You can get out of this easily though."

   "How?"

   "Just reject both of them. And you're free!"

   "Well... won't it hurt them?"

   "..... Of course they will be hurt."

   What else is this guy expecting? And moreover what does he actually want? Does he himself know?

   "I... don't really want to hurt them..."

   "Then do you love anyone of them? In that case just accept her confession who you love."

   "But if I accept one's confession, I have to reject the other's. Won't it hurt the other?"

   "Then what the f*ck do you really want!?"

   "I don't want to hurt any of them... but I also want to get out of this mess..."

   "Dude... that's not how it works. You have to turn down one."

   I have seen many harem MCs in manga. I never saw this type of guy ever before. I know he doesn't want to hurt anyone but he needs some common sense.

   "Miyano-kun!" (Sanae)

   "Oh God! Here we go. Help me Kimura!" (Reiji)

   Reiji hid behind me although he's clearly visible.

   "Don't hide behind Takeshi. Come with me to Sakurai Sensei's office." (Sanae)

   "Isn't it embarrassing? Why do we have to go there and explain to sensei?" (Reiji)

   "Oh we absolutely have to go!" (Mizuha)

   "Whaa! Mizuha! Don't surprise me like that!" (Reiji)

    Mizuha just arrived out of nowhere and grabbed Reiji's shoulders from behind.

   "Hey don't get close to him!" (Sanae)

   "And what if I do?" (Mizuha)

    Aren't these two a little bit insane? I hope this manga doesn't turn into a dark story. I'm getting shivers while thinking about this.

   In the end, the two girls forcefully took him to Sensei's office. I breathed a sigh of relief as they were gone and I was now safe from them.

   "That dude is so lucky, not gonna lie." (?)

   I looked behind to see one of my classmates. His name was Makoto Ishida. He was a normal guy just like me.

   "Ah yeah..." (Takeshi)

   "I know right? I didn't have any girl even having the slightest of affection towards me. And this dude has two most beautiful girls behind him." (Makoto)

   "Haha same case for me." (Takeshi)

   "Well at least due to this weird rule of our school, I'll get one girlfriend now randomly." (Makoto)

   "Oh..." (Takeshi)

   "What? Did you forget? Even you're also going to the lottery box, don't you? Or perhaps you already have someone?" (Makoto)

   "Not really. I was just thinking... isn't this going to be a disaster?" (Takeshi)

  "Disaster?" (Makoto)

  "I mean getting a girl, who perhaps wouldn't want to date you..." (Takeshi)

  "I get what you are trying to say... but I guess, it will just be fine." (Makoto)

   Will it really be fine, though?

                                   ♤

   "Sigh..." (Reiji)

   "What happened there, Reiji?" (Takeshi)

    After lunch, when I entered my class, Reiji was already there. I wondered what happened there in the office.

   "Oh Kimura... it's a long story."

   "Tell me the synopsis then..."

   "Synopsis: Sensei flatly told us to stop the nonsense."

   "Oh..."

   I mean... what did you actually expect her to say...?

   "But she did give us 1 month more time..."

   "Huh? Really?" 

   "She told us that within 1 month, we have to resolve this between each other."

   "That's actually very generous of sensei... so that means your name won't be in the lottery?" 

   "No. It won't be."

   So I guess one month more of this drama now.... 

   "By the way, what about you, Kimura?"

   "Me?"

   "Yeah... your name will be in the lottery, right?"

   "Oh I guess... yeah..."

   "So... good luck to you... I hope my friend gets a very beautiful girl..."

   "I guess.... I seriously doubt any girl will like to date me, though..."

   Whoever gets paired with me, will obviously feel that she has been unlucky. This is not my inferiority complex. It's just how my character is in this manga.

   "Really my friend? Well if I was a girl, I would definitely go out with Kimura, though..."

   "Why suddenly gay?"

   "Haha... I was joking..."

   "You better be...."

   

                                ♤

    When I walked towards Sensei's office, I saw Makoto leaving. And there were other boys too.

   "Here's my ticket." (Makoto)

   "Oh... good luck." (Takeshi)

   "Yeah. Let's hope I don't get someone too violent haha." (Makoto)

    Makoto went to our classroom. The girls already chose their tickets. They are in the classroom currently. Every ticket has a number. The boy has to find the girl who has the same number as him.

   "Ah Takeshi. Welcome.", Sakurai Sensei greeted me when I entered.

  "So I have to pick one from here?", I indicated to the box containing tickets.

   "Not really...", Sensei denied and then gave me a ticket from elsewhere.

   "Hm?", I looked at her with a confused face.

   "What? This is your ticket."

   "Eh? But didn't we have to randomly pick one?"

   "Yes! But for your case only, I have handpicked a special ticket..."

   "Huh? I don't really get it."

   "Well you helped me last day. For that, I'm repaying you.", she playfully winked at me.

   "Really? But..."

   "No 'but's. Just go now!"

   

    I left the office and headed to the classroom. To be honest I didn't really care whom I was going to end up with. However it seemed I was forgetting something. 

    My ticket number was 49. I entered my classroom and just like everyone else, I showed my ticket number. Immediately one hand raised from the girls side. And that girl was...

    

                               ♤

    "Oh Takeshi, what happened? You came back?", asked Sensei as I entered her office.

    "Sensei! You intentionally gave me the same number as Izumi-san, didn't you?"

   "Of course!"

   "Why!?"

   "Huh? Because I know you like her? Don't you?"

   "I mean... You're correct about me liking her. But she doesn't like me!"

   "Oh! So who does she like?"

   "Well... she likes someone else... however he is already taken... and she isn't in the mental state to date someone right now..."

   "So it's even better that you're with her!"

   "What?"

   "Because you understand her situation! If any random boy was paired with her, he wouldn't understand her and she would have had more problems!"

   "But..."

   "Now it's your responsibility! To make her happy! Good luck!"

   "But..."

   "No more excuses! Just go!"

    I walked out of the office room feeling defeated. 

   It's true that I liked Izumi-san. But I also knew she didn't like me. However I need to ensure she remains happy. What a complicated situation!

    I walked towards the school gate where Izumi-san was waiting for me. I could see her looking a bit nervous. 

   Is she nervous because of me? I don't want her to be like that...

   I put a smile on my face and said,

   "Haha what a coincidence! We got the same number."

   "Y-Yeah...", she replied sheepishly. 

   "Well... I will be in your care then."

   "Umm... Takeshi-san..."

   "Hm?"

   She apologised to me and said,

   "I'm very sorry. As I told you last day, I just can't.... date someone right now... I will try my best of course. But I don't think it will be enough..."

   "Izumi-san... please don't say this..."

   "I'm sorry..."

   "Don't worry....", I put a bright smile on my face and said, "How about this? Let's forget about it and be friends!"

   "Eh?", she looked at me with a puzzled face.

   "I mean, forget the rule and have a friendly relationship. I mean we can just show ourselves as a couple to others but we don't have to be a real couple. Is Izumi-san happy now?"

   "B-But... Takeshi-san wanted someone as his girlfriend, right? Isn't it unfair to him?"

   "Not really! I also think it's a stupid rule in the first place. Why should anyone need a girlfriend at this age haha!"

   "You're lying, aren't you?"

   "A-Anyway! Let's just go home today! And Izumi-san, I'll be in your care as a friend. So don't be sad. And if you have any problem, you can call me!"

   I saluted her which made her chuckle. After a long time, she finally showed her cute smile.

   "Fufu... but for that, we have to exchange our phone numbers."

   "Ah okay!"

    It seemed like the awkwardness between us was completely gone.

    After we exchanged our numbers, I said, "Well I hope Izumi-san doesn't have any problem right now?"

   "N-No. I'm fine."

   "I have some top top level jokes ready in my stock. I can always tell those when your mood is off."

   "Fufu... I'm fine. And I'm happy...."

   I hope you always stay happy.....

   When we were about to part ways, I said,

   "See you tomorrow then?"

   "Yeah! Thank you... Takeshi-san."

   "Too cute..."

   "Did you say something?"

   "N-Nothing!"

   I waved my hands towards her. She smiled at me and left. It seemed like she has accepted the friendly relations proposal. 

   I can't expect anything more though. I shouldn't expect anything more. However I remember what my teacher said to me...

   "It's your responsibility now to make her happy!"

   I sighed and walked towards my home.

[To be continued]

    

61