Chapter 7: The vol 2 of the manga
1.9k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   While Reiji and Mizuha were busy flirting, I was thinking about something else. After eating my bread, I carefully took that manga again from my bag so that Reiji doesn't notice it.

   What I was trying to do, was to find some clue about the book. It was only the volume 1. And I didn't have any other volume of this manga. However, I desperately wanted to get the next volume, so that I know what would happen next with us.

    This book must have come from somewhere. It doesn't have any publisher name. And even author name is not printed. So it's almost impossible to know anything about this book.

   However, this book does have something, which I didn't notice, or just ignored it by mistake at first.

   A small stamp... of a library?

   So this book is from a library. The name of the library is "Townside library". I never went there and I don't know where it is. But I have to go there and check if by chance there is this manga...

   At that moment a notification alert came in my phone. Someone sent a message to me. It was none other than... Izumi-san?

   <Do you prefer pickled vegetables or cooked vegetables?>

   Eh? What does she mean? Why suddenly is she asking this question?

   <I prefer pickled but I like both. But why suddenly?>

   <Okay thanks.>

    Huh? She ignored my question and went offline immediately. I didn't get it. I looked at her direction, she was trying her best not to look at me.

   Anyway I'll ask her later about this...

                                  ♤

   When the final class ended, I was looking to ask Izumi-san about earlier. However Sanae already took her to discuss something. That gave me no chance to meet her.

   However, I found out that she forgot her notebook on her desk. I decided to pick up her notebook and inform her that she forgot it. But right then...

   "Oi Kimura!" (Reiji)

   "Woha! What happened now?" (Takeshi)

   "Listen! I need your help!" (Reiji)

   "What?" (Takeshi)

   "The teacher just informed that tomorrow will be a class test on maths?" (Reiji)

   "Yeah, so?" (Takeshi)

   "Dude I need your help! You're very good at maths. Please teach me the chapter that will come tomorrow!" (Reiji)

   "Huh? The syllabus is only one chapter: Matrix. It's probably the easiest chapter. If you're tensed about this, you'll get murdered while studying calculus. " (Takeshi)

   "Dude please..." (Reiji)

   I sighed and decided to help him. It was another annoying work for me. However, I got an idea at that time.

   "Okay, I'll help you. But first, do you know Townside library?" (Takeshi)

   "Eh? Townside library? I know where it is. But why do you want to go there? There are other libraries here, including our school library." (Reiji)

   "Not really important but it's important.." (Takeshi)

   I somehow forced him to go with me there. I carried him on my bike as he gave me the instructions of the path.

   After 10 minutes of cycling, we have reached the destination. And I have to say... it's one of the strangest places to have a library. 

   In both sides of the library, there are small apartments. And in front of that library there is a market. There are so many shops and people. A very loud place to have a library. 

   However inside of the library was very quiet. There were also only a few people out there. We both went inside and I asked Reiji to wait and sit on a chair.

   I went straight to the manga section. The section was very small compared to other sections. That was why I didn't have to check for long.

   There was indeed that book... 

    My two childhood friends are acting weird! (Vol 2)

   Just as I expected there was only one book. However there were no other volumes. I took this book and ran towards the librarian.

   "I want to take this book."

   "Do you have a library card? If not, then you have to do it."

   "Okay. I'll have a library card for myself."

   At this moment, Reiji came towards me and said,

   "What's the matter, Kimura? Suddenly making a library card here?"

   "That's for some personal reasons."

   "Really? What book are you taking, by the way?" 

   "Ah don't look at it!"

   He was surprised as I covered that book with my hands. At any costs, I shouldn't let him look at it. 

   "Now I'm curious. What is this book, Kimura?"

   "Don't mind it. It's just a old manga! Nothing interesting!"

   He was still curious but I somehow succeeded to hid this book. This book was very precious for me, because I could literally see the future.

   When we came outside, Reiji was bored.

   "Look there's a coffee shop." (Reiji)

   "Didn't you want to study?" (Takeshi)

   "Come on." (Reiji)

    Reiji pulled me with force to the coffee shop although I didn't want to go. However, I noticed something outside the coffee shop.

   "Oi! Look here." (Takeshi)

   "What?" (Reiji)

   "Here's a notice about: A worker needed here." (Takeshi)

   "Oh? So what's about it?" (Reiji)

   "I was thinking about taking a part time job last night. Looks like it's a very good place to have one." (Takeshi)

    As I said last night, I wanted a part-time job. And part time job in a coffee shop was also easier than others.

   "Is that so?" (Reiji)

   "Yeah." (Takeshi)

   "Areh? Takeshi-san and Reiji-san?" (Izumi)

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

   I looked behind to see Izumi-san in casual clothes outside with a shopping bag. She was surprised to see both of us here.

   "Ah I completely forgot that Izumi lives here in that apartment." (Reiji)

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

   "Umm... what's it? It's rare to see you here." (Izumi)

   At that time I remembered about her notebook. I opened my bag and took that out.

   "I guess you forgot this notebook in your desk, Izumi-san." (Takeshi)

   "Ah! Thanks! But you could have given me tomorrow? Did you come here just to give me this?" (Izumi)

   "Oh no--" (Takeshi)

   "Yes! But more than that, this guy just wanted to see you." (Reiji)

   "Eh?" (Izumi)

   "........" (Takeshi)

   "He was literally begging me to take him here. He can't wait 24 hours. He was that desperate to meet you, Izumi." (Reiji)

   You f*cker! What the f*ck are you talking! You're doing this on purpose!

   Meanwhile, I could see Izumi-san's cheeks getting a little red. She somehow looked at me and said,

   "Well thank you. Do you want to have some coffee at my home?" (Izumi)

   "Ah don't worry---" (Takeshi)

   "Oh wow okay! Agreed! Let's go, Kimura!" (Reiji)

   I'm really going to hate you....

   

[To be continued]

52