Chapter 22: Coffee shop and chaos
3k 13 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My semester exams are nearby so once again the uploads will be slower this month. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter.


Takeshi Kimura:

   "So... can I ask you what the f*ck are you doing here?" (Takeshi)

   "I can ask you the same. What are YOU doing here?" (Mizuha)

   We started whispering carefully to each other so that others couldn't hear us. In the end, I decided to reveal her what I was doing.

   "Sigh... I work as a part timer here." (Takeshi)

   "Ah... I see... but then, does your friends know about it? Especially your girlfriend?" (Mizuha)

   "No I didn't tell them yet..." (Takeshi)

   "I see. Just as I suspected after noticing that you were avoiding them. Why didn't you tell them by the way?" (Mizuha)

   "I honestly don't know why. I should have told them. But right now it's a little bit awkward to reveal them... anyway, what are YOU doing here?" (Takeshi)

    I almost forgot the main topic. What was Mizuha doing here? I remembered I accidentally revealed her that my friends had planned to study together today.

   Did she come all the way here to stalk Reiji?

    "I... I'm here for the coffee of course! The coffee here is very good. What a coincidence that Miyano and others are also here! This coffee shop really unites everyone." (Mizuha)

    "......." (Takeshi)

    "What? Don't you believe me?" (Mizuha)

   "No." (Takeshi)

   "Fine! I'm here to see what Miyano is REALLY doing. Okay?" (Mizuha)

   "So you're basically stalking them." (Takeshi)

   "It's not 'stalking'! It's more like 'love' and 'affection'!" (Mizuha)

   "Whatever... it's still not good!" (Takeshi)

   "I just wanted to see whether that girl was using this golden opportunity to flirt with Miyano or not." (Mizuha)

   "And... what did you see?" (Takeshi)

   "SHE CLEARLY IS!" (Mizuha)

   I could clearly feel the anger behind her usual poker face. This was not ideal. I was getting bad vibes from this. I took a deep breath and tried to calm her down.

   "Listen, Mizuha. Jealousy aren't going to get you anywhere. What can you even do right now?" (Takeshi)

   "I know. But... I just can't control myself." (Mizuha)

   "Ok. So first of all, calm down." (Takeshi)

   "I'm calm.", she said and then had a quick glance at Reiji and Sanae.

   "Can't some terrorists just explode this shop?" (Mizuha)

   "Okay. You're still totally out of your mind. Listen again, take a deep breath and calm down." (Takeshi)

   God... this girl is a real pain in the a*se. 

   "Okay. I have calmed down." (Mizuha)

   "For real? Okay. I'm now going. And listen, don't do anything stupid!" (Takeshi)

   I left her and walked to the counter.

   "Oi Kimura?" (Sekiguchi)

   "What?" (Takeshi)

   "You were talking a lot with that girl there?" (Sekiguchi)

   "Oh? Right... right." (Takeshi)

   Sekiguchi looked at me with suspicion.

   "What were you talking about?" (Sekiguchi)

   "Nothing special. Just... umm... terrorists, explosion, etc." (Takeshi)

   "..........." (Sekiguchi)

   "Leave it. Don't think much." (Takeshi)

   "Well... anyway. Kimura, there's another thing I want to talk." (Sekiguchi)

   "What?" (Takeshi)

   "I may be completely wrong. But that girl there...", he then pointed towards the table where my three friends were sitting. He was referring to... Izumi-san.

   "Doesn't that girl kinda look like your girlfriend? I saw her on your phone." (Sekiguchi)

   "Probably..." (Takeshi)

   "Huh? Probably? You don't know your girlfriend?" (Sekiguchi)

   Okay, this situation is getting REALLY complicated for me. 

   "Listen, she is... my girlfriend. I didn't tell her yet so she doesn't know that I work here." (Takeshi)

   "I see. Why didn't you tell her?" (Sekiguchi)

   "I don't know." (Takeshi)

   "...... I get it now." (Sekiguchi)

   "Wait, what did you get?" (Takeshi)

   Oh God. He's getting a huge misunderstanding, isn't he?

    "I didn't expect you to be a guy who would cheat ON his girlfriend. What a shame!" (Sekiguchi)

    "I'M NOT CHEATING ON ANYONE YOU IDIOT!" (Takeshi)

                                  ♤

    It took me quite a while to explain to Sekiguchi that, I was in fact, not cheating on my girlfriend. I knew I would regret not telling Izumi-san at the right time about my part time job, but I didn't know it would result into this problematic situations.

    "Here's your coffee." (Takeshi)

    "......." (Mizuha)

    She was still sitting there quietly. Meanwhile, Reiji and Sanae were chatting continuously about many things. We could hear them clearly as they were so loud.

   "So, Miyano-kun, do you finally understand how to determine the coefficient of restitution from the two equations? Conservation of energy and conservation of momentum?" (Sanae)

   "Yeah. Can we please stop about that now? I didn't even drink my coffee yet." (Reiji)

   "The chapter 'collision' is very important for our mid terms. More important than your coffee." (Sanae)

   "Until I see some real life examples of collisions, it's still difficult to understand how the momentum changes and how the energy shifts etc." (Reiji)

   "Do you like to collide with a truck?" (Sanae)

   While they were clearly having fun, Izumi-san was silently sitting on the other side. I really didn't like it. She wasn't enjoying at all as expected.

   "Jeez, I can't..." (Mizuha)

  "What happened?" (Takeshi)

  "I can't stay here anymore! This is too unbearable." (Mizuha)

   "You're the one who stalked them in the first place." (Takeshi)

   "I just... want to disappear." (Mizuha)

   "Wait, don't go doing something reckless." (Takeshi)

   She didn't hear me. She suddenly stood up and was about to dash towards the exit door.

   And then something happened...

   That you have to explain in slow motion....

   There was Kurumi-san, who just finished picking up the empty cups on a tray from the tables.

   Mizuha didn't see her. She had got her head down while running. As a result she collided with her, with full force.

   Both lost their balance, and the tray went flying from Kurumi-san's hands.

   At this moment, I knew what was going to happen. They both were going to fall down and so was the tray.

   A disaster?

   However, when the world needed him the most, he did not vanish.

   Reiji, the man, the legend, came at clutch, and caught Kurumi-san at right moment.

   Inspired by him, I used my baseball skills to take a splendid diving catch of the tray. Thankfully not a single cup fell off from it.

   And Mizuha, was also caught by Sekiguchi.

   A disaster was averted....

   *CLAPS*

   Suddenly we heard a loud cheer and claps from the crowd, I mean, the rest of the customers, as if we won some world cup.

   Reiji caught Kurumi-san.

   Sekiguchi caught Mizuha.

   And I caught the tray.

   What a sequence....

   "Hey Sanae, now I could clearly understand the concept of collision. Hm? Why are you silent, Sanae?" (Reiji)

   Reiji, she is probably silent (and jealous) because of the situation. You're still holding Kurumi-san who is as red as a tomato right now. 

   At this moment, suddenly someone took my cap out of my head.

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

   "T-Takeshi-san?" (Izumi)

   "H-Hello!" (Takeshi)

    

   

   

   

   

   

32