Chapter 1: A New Beginning
2.8k 8 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As with memories in real life, the chapters will likely get longer as the book goes on. I, for one, dislike short chapters.

CW: Mention of death, partial nudity

Observing my surroundings is a slow process. I couldn’t control my body properly; it’s as if I have been asleep for years. I couldn’t remember anything either. I slowly open my eyes, and smiling back at me is a woman with alabaster skin and green hair. She seems really familiar even though I have never seen her before. 

The next moment, all my memories come back. I had been the eldest son of a loving family that had helped me realize my dream of becoming a teacher. One day when I was walking to work, one of my students had stepped out into the street without paying attention. I had jumped out into the street without thinking in order to save him. I had succeeded, but ended up dying from the collision.

Truck-kun. I got hit by Truck-kun and reincarnated into a different world. What a cliché.

Which meant the woman holding me is probably my new mama. Forget learning about the world for now, I want to get to know my new family first.

“Mmaaaa,” I try to articulate. I also try to move my arms, but they’re too heavy. Did I really regain higher consciousness right after being born?

“Mama’s right here, baby,” she coos, rocking me gently. “Don’t worry, daddy and I will keep you safe.”

I can’t win against the soothing back-and-forth motion and quickly fall asleep.


When I wake up again, I feel hungry. I can’t just stand up and get myself food, so I do the only thing I can and cry, hoping Mama will hear me. I hear footsteps going away from me, so I pause and look. All I manage to see is a fluffy golden tail vanishing out of the doorway.

Soon I hear a new voice calling, “Mom, the baby’s awake!”

From the sound of the voice, I conclude that I have an older sister. I can hear her footsteps coming back down the hall. To my surprise, my mom enters first, and my sister follows. I only heard one set of footsteps, and now I see why: Mama is a snake from the waist down. Now I have a new set of questions, like what world was this; and if my mom’s a lamia, then what am I?

“C’mere, Lily, it’s time to eat,” Mama says, picking me up. She sits down in the chair next to my cradle. Keeping one arm underneath me, she uses her other hand to take her cross top halfway off. She then brings me to a position where I can feed from her ample breast.

As I feed, I feel something smooth and cool nuzzling my cheek. I take a moment to look at what it is and come face to face with a small snake coming from Mama’s hair. With my curiosity satisfied, I resume drinking Mama’s milk.

As far as I know, there is only one monster girl that has normal hair as well as snakes on their head. This is further confirmed by the appearance of my sister, who has pointy ears on her head and a fluffy golden tail. I doubt monster girls would be the type to adopt, so that meant that my kitsune sister was likely blood related. All these things pointed to one conclusion: I am now in the world of Monster Girl Encyclopedia, and Mama is an echidna.

This still left one question: What type of Monster Girl am I? After all, I could literally be any race in existence given what my Mama is. I really want to figure this out, but I’m too hungry. With Mama’s milk right in front of me, all I could focus on was feeding. Every mouthful of her milk is amazing; it’s just the right amount of rich and sweet. Whatever.

66