Chapter 5
146 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Bell-mère - Former Lieutenant of Marine|

I know this atmosphere. I had already seen it, and I already knew what would happen. This is the calm before the storm that once happened when I was in the Oykot Kingdom.

"I'm sorry, Bell-mère. You are a RETIRED marine. We cannot let you get inside."

"The hell, I can't! This is my village! I will do what I need to protect it!"

I did not want my daughters to experience the same thing twice! I want them to live happily. I want them to continue to have a happy life.

"Please! I know this place! I can help you in this fight!"

"Dammit! Fine! Come!"

"Thank you, Captain."

"Tch. Save your thanks when we manage to repel the pirate."

I nod my head and follow them to the main building of the 7th Marine Branch. I can see many recruits training hard for the incoming battle and discussing how they can use the environment to their advantage.

When we arrive in the war room, I can see the three famous people sitting on the chairs while looking at the table. On the table is a map, a very detailed map.

"Take a seat, Bell-mère. The war meeting will begin."

I nod my head and sit on the chair next to Yuuji. The captain put down a projector Den Den Mushi and placed a map in front of it. A second later, we can see a projection of a map on the wall.

"This is the map of Cocoyashi Village and its surroundings. From the information we get from the marine in Loguetown, The Hakai Pirate will attack from the south and I am inclined to agree. Gures Hakai is a prideful fool who did not think about strategy. His only strategy is to send his weakest men to the meat grinder and then his main force will finish the job."

The next thing shown on the wall is a bunch of ships creating a fleet.

"These are the last pictures the marine took before the ship was too far away from the harbor. There are ten ships and there are at least fifty men on each ship. Meaning we will fight against the biggest pirate attack in East Blue."

"How? I know the Hakai Pirate and they should not have that many men!"

"It looks like he has been busy recruiting new blood from Loguetown. Many pirates decide to join forces with the Hakai Pirates to create a fleet."

"That is bad."

I agree with Yuuji. A fleet is not something you see in this part of the world. They are only seen in Grandline.

"Yes. Because of that, we need to put as many traps as we can. We are lucky we just received some supplies from the HQ last week. We have thirty Sea-Mines that we can place around the area. However, what I want to know is where. We cannot spread it too thin and leave most of them unused but we also need to make sure they hit a certain spot for it to be effective if we want to place it on one side."

I nod my head and look at the map on the table.

"In here."

"Pardon me?"

"This place is a perfect spot. This area is filled with a massive amount of rocks and the only way for ships to get here is by circling around the area. They can go through this area but it will be too risky and I have a feeling Gures did not want to lose his men to something this stupid."

"Hmmm, that is an obvious spot but at the same time, it was the perfect place. He will never imagine a small base in East Blue to have Sea-Mines."

All of us nod our heads. Sea-Mines are usually used by a huge marine base, but a small and new base here has it. It will be a massive surprise to Gures.

"Can I also suggest placing the mine not too far away from the village? Just three of them should be enough. When they are gathered together to dock on the port, it will explode and destroy a few more ships. It will destroy some of the port, though."

I look at Yuuji and give him a nod.

"I don't think the Village Chief is mind. Cocoyashi village can be rebuilt."

"Good. Then we need to prepare. Bell-mère, I need you to tell the Village chief about this plan."

"Leave it to me."

I will not let any pirate take over my village.

6