Chapter 6
117 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I take a deep breath and look at the horizon through the binoculars. I can see a fleet of ships coming at us. I can see them in the distance, and they slowly arrive in the trap we put around the area.

"Come on… come on…"

*BOOM* *BOOM*

I smile a little when I see an explosion happening. I count how many ships are burned by the sea mines. I take the Den Den Mushi and say.

"Sir, I spotted three ships getting destroyed by the first batch of the Sea Mines. They are not bothered by it. The massive ship at the back did not get hit."

"Roger that. Keep the eye, Yuuji."

"Yes, sir!"

My job is to monitor the enemy's movement from one of the towers. Usually, a scouting mission is given to Lieutenant Silvana, but because there are only two towers in this village, in the front and in the back, the captain decides to give it to me while Lieutenant Silvana does the sniping at the back.

With this, I can have two jobs, healing, and scouting. My healing power did not require me to touch the target. I can heal anyone in my vision range, and with the constant training under Captain Brutus, I can heal for three hours non-stop.

I look at the distance and see the fleet continue to sail at us. They did not even stop to help their fellow pirates. It seems like they are starting to spread out so the sea mines will not destroy their ships at the same time.

Sadly for them, it was a wrong decision.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

This is Bell-mère's idea. After the first explosion, the pirates will try to spread out so they will not lose much when one of them gets hit by the explosion. Because of this, Bell-mère suggested we should spread the Sea mines and would you look at that. It is working like a charm.

"Sir, four more ships catch on fire from the sea mines in the second line."

"Aye, I see it from here. Prepare to fight, we only have a few more minutes."

I nod my head and take out the sniper sitting next to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Bell-mère looks at the ship not too far away from her village and exhales her cigarette. She looks at the people standing next to her and nods her head. The other villagers are willing to take arms and defend their village, from an elder to a teenager.

They can see a three-ship dock inside their port, and many people start rushing out of the ship.

"Wait! Hold! Hold!"

Captain Brutus shouts and waits for the pirates to get into the effective range of their guns. When the pirates reach a certain range, Brutus gives his order.

"Fire!"

The sound of gunfire can be heard by many, and many pirates fall to the ground, dead. However, some of them manage to stay alive and continue to run, and the people behind them use the other pirates as a stepping stone.

"Next volley!"

Bell-mère and the other person step back and let the second row come forward. They have guns to reload.

"Fire!"

Another volley of bullets flies toward the incoming enemy and kills many of them at once.

"Next! Fire!"

Another group of pirates died. However, the next batch of pirates getting out of the ship is the gunner. They fire their guns but sadly for them, Yuuji watches them like a hawk. All of the people in the front are covered by light and the bullet hitting them bounces away when they hit the light.

"Gunner! Take the high ground! Vanguard! With me!"

Bell-mère and the other gunner retreat to the higher ground while Captain Brutus and his men stay behind. Among them is Yuuji, who is holding a simple katana. Other than healing, Yuuji split his body into five. One stays in the tower healing and sniping, three in the frontline fighting and giving shields as support, while the last two stay with the gunner giving orders to the other gunner.

"Here they come!"

Yuuji cut down one of the enemies with a heavy swing, and his other bodies came forward to cut the next enemy.

"Shining light, shield from all directions! Protectja!"

While the two bodies fight in the front, the third one stays behind to give the other support like a shield and healing. While Yuuji and the others are busy dealing with the footsoldier, Captain Brutus fights the captain of the pirates.

"Take this, you government dog!"

Both swords clash with each other and create a small shockwave from each blow. However, the difference between the two of them can be seen by even the civilians. Gures is a strong man, but his strength is just average compared to the people in Grandline.

Gures also did not have the speed to keep up with Brutus.

Seeing he is losing, Gures pushes Brutus away, takes a bazooka from his back, and fires it.

"Die!"

"Tekkai!"

As the rocket hit Brutus, it exploded. A few seconds later, the dust vanishes, leaving Brutus standing there unmoving and without injury.

"What?! How?!"

"Rankyaku!"

Brutus kicked the air and created a wind blade hitting Gures in the chest.

"Argh!" Gures scream in pain as he clutches his bleeding chest.

Brutus did not waste any more time and used Soru to appear in front of Gures before thrusting his sword forward. Brutus' sword pierces through Gures' neck and swings it to the side, cutting his head.

As he walked toward Gures' head, he did not see an incoming pirate from behind him. When his eyes see the incoming pirates, it is already too late to block, but before the pirates can swing his sword, Yuuji jumps and swings his sword, beheading the pirate member.

"Are you alright, sir?"

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it, sir."

Brutus notices his head and promises himself to train his other haki and not only focus on only one type.

He takes the head and raises it to the sky.

"Your captain is dead! Put down your weapon and your life will be spared!"

With that word, the rest of the pirates who are still alive drop their weapons and raise their hands.

5