Chapter 11
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

A shockwave is happening each time fist meets another fist. Smoker and Yuuji are currently sparring with each other as this is the last day of the Flash Course under Garp.

Both fighters move at a high speed that an average human cannot see their movement. After a minute of close combat, Smoker kicks Yuuji away before turning into smoke and flying toward Yuuji. Smoker expands his body and creates twelve smoke tentacles that change into black as he uses his haki.

Seeing the incoming attack, Yuuji split his body into five before welcoming the attack head-on. Smoker's body is no longer human-shaped and only a cloud of smoke with his head in the middle of the cloud.

While Smoker used his smoke form to fight Yuuji and keep him away from his real body, he did not notice another Yuuji's body sneak at him and punch him with all of his strength. The giant cloud of smoke gets thrown across the field and changes back into Smoker.

Before he could get up, Yuuji had already surrounded him with a smile on his face.

"I won."

"Tch. So you manage to increase the number of your clones, huh? Also, why can't I feel your clone?!"

"You are too focused on attacking and did not think about defending. Your focus is on predicting my attack from the front and not from the back. You thought that I only have five clones but now I can make more. Always expect the unexpected."

"That is why you are so aggressive in attacking me from the front. You usually use a counterattack move rather than a full-out attack."

"I cannot depend on one fighting style, right?"

"You are right."

Yuuji smiled and then helped him get up from the ground.

Garp walked toward them with a giant grin on his face and a proud expression.

"Great job! Today is your last day and tomorrow you will receive your new rank! Remember to arrive in the Fleet Admiral's room at eight sharp. You will be given your task by Fleet Admiral Sengoku. Once again, Good Job on finishing the Flash Course and meeting my standard, and good luck in your next assignment."

"Yes, sir!"

"Yes, sir!"

The next day, Smoker and Yuuji arrive inside the Fleet Admiral's room, where they are standing in front of Sengoku, who is smiling at them.

"Both of you do a great job in reaching the Marine Standard and endure the harsh training we give to you."

Originally, the Marine Flash Course lasted for two years, but because of Garp's insane training and how they are short on good quality officers, Smoker and Yuuji graduated early. They need new blood to go around the farthest part of the ocean, where not many marines visited, and push the pirates little by little.

"This is your Justice Coat that tells the world you are a Captain of a Marine. Wear them with pride for you are the Warrior of Justice."

Sengoku put the coat over their shoulder and took out a stack of paper on his table before giving them to Smoker and Yuuji.

"I will tell you the summary of your new assignment but you need to read them later. Smoker, you will be placed on the 80th Branch in West Blues. This place is a hub where many merchants meet and have safe trading. Your main job is to patrol around and destroy any pirate you see. This area is filled with pirates and they want to raid this base and I need you to hunt them before they can think they can take over the base."

"Yes, sir!"

Sengoku nods his head and looks at Yuuji.

"Yuuji, you will go to South Blue. You will not be placed in any base but rather your job is to sail around the sea and help as many islands as you can. The people of South Blue have been suffering for a long time and it is time for the Marine to answer their plea for help. Among the paper in your hand is a card that you can show to any base in South Blue and they will give you any supplies you need."

Yuuji nods his head and sees Sengoku take a step back.

"Your ship has been prepared and your crew will be ready in two days. You will depart in three days. Take care of anything you need to take care of because you will not see this place for a long time."

4