CHAPTER 17 – A MUCH WEIRDER PROPOSAL
321 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 17 - A MUCH WEIRDER PROPOSAL

I don’t remember much after the ambulances and firetrucks came. All I know is that my parents were there, and I was delivered to the nearest hospital. Raynevere was with me the whole time until I passed out on the way.

When I woke up, it was already morning the next next day. I was asleep for almost a whole day, and the next I realized is that the operation on my chest was a success. The doctor told me that a major artery next to my heart was wounded, and I should have died of blood loss. It was all thanks to Raynevere who kept the pressure on my chest the whole time.

On the other side, Raynevere was completely fine. The nanomachines on her body increased her regeneration by fivefold, so not even a scratch remained on her skin. However, she is now a full-fledged Gladiatrix, and there is nothing the doctors can do to fix her metallic sharp elf ears.

When Raynevere saw me awake, she was too grateful that she cried.

“Oh my gosh, Mister Elzane! You’re alright! Thank goodness!”

“You too, Raynevere. I’m glad that you’re okay.” I bowed with a smile.

I couldn’t help but notice her elf ears that are excitedly twitching. She’s like an excited puppy who just saw her owner come home after work. It makes her a lot cuter than before.

However, I feel bad about her elf ears. I was so desperate at that time to make her a Gladiatrix, so I injected her with the nanomachines. It was the only way to save her in that desperate situation.

“I’m sorry for what happened to you, Raynevere. I didn’t mean to make you my Gladiatrix.” I frowned at myself.

“I don’t mind!” Raynevere happily said.

“Eh?”

“It was thanks to these that I was still alive! Anyway, doesn’t this suit me, Mister Elzane?” Raynevere said with a smile as she displayed her elf ears and tried to twitch it again.

“Y-Yeah, it looks good on you,” I said with a blushing face.

“I’m so glad that you liked it!” Raynevere adorably clapped her hands. Man, her elegant and adorable smile makes me fall for her even more.

It somewhat troubles me that she doesn’t look like the weak and broken Raynevere I saw after I got my chest sniped by the enemy. This time, her personality shifted back to the real Raynevere whom I always saw at our school.

Maybe her quick emotional recovery was also an effect of the mystical nanomachines? I’ve heard that the mental strength of the person will improve too after becoming a Gladiator or Gladiatrix. That explains why the elegant and fragile Raynevere I’ve seen a few days ago was able to act normally.

“There’s no use in lamenting about our loss. Worrying will not help and will just stress us out. So I’m trying hard to be as jolly as I am.” Raynevere muttered with a gloomy atmosphere.

It’s like she just read my mind, or maybe she saw me unconsciously frowning.

“It’s okay to cry it out if you’re sad,” I said.

Raynevere shook her head in response. “No. That will be the last time I will cry because of my powerlessness. From now on, I will fight and do my best to protect Mister Elzane. Mister Elzane is the only one I have left after all.”

I was astounded to hear those words. It made me almost jump from my bed straight to the windows!

“R-Raynevere! What do you mean by that!?” I shrieked.

“Eh? Did I say something weird?” Raynevere tilted her head like an innocent pup.

“You said that you will fight for me! What do you mean by that?” I asked.

Raynevere was clueless for a second, but then she smiled. She gently held my hand and put it on her chest. “Mister Elzane! Let’s make a contract, apart from our arranged marriage!”

“I’m getting nervous about this! Tell me the contents of our contract first!” I cried.

“I want you to help me find those people who burned my village and killed all my relatives! In exchange… I will fight for you in a Battle Fiesta as a Gladiatrix!” Raynevere’s purple eyes sparkled. Her ears are twitching livelier than ever!

“W-Whaaat? You sure about that!?” I exclaimed.

“Yes! Really really sure! Your dream is to become a Kaiser Champion, right?” Raynevere shook my hand.

“Y-Yeah, I want to become a champion in a Battle Fiesta, but… are you certain about this? You know, I can’t just send my fiance to the arena!” I reasoned out.

“You know full well how I can kick some butts, right? I have to be stronger to protect you! I have to be braver if we ever found the bad guys again! I promise I will do my best to make you the champion! So please help me!” Raynevere pressed her face forward! We’re too close!

“F-Fine!” I cried as I slowly and gently pushed her shoulders down.

“Thank you, Mister Elzane! I’m so glad that you’re my Kaiser!”

8