CHAPTER 24 – A GENUINE LOVER’S DATE
210 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 24 - A GENUINE LOVER’S DATE

I was awed to see Raynevere not hesitating to fire the shot. Yes, it was a rubber arrow which is not as deadly as her normal energy arrows, but the speed and power of the arrow would hurt a normal person like Esthesia. Does she hate that girl so much?

“U-Uwaaaah! It hurts! It hurts! Mommy, help me!” Esthesia hollered out loud like a baby. She’s holding her forehead which is now having a red mark. I think she’ll have a bruise on that spot tomorrow.

Anyway, that’s a direct attack on the Kaiser, right? So we won… right?

[Battle Finished]

The field card: Abyssal Cave immediately disintegrated like a hologram simulation. We’re now back at the KG Guild’s arena, with audiences looking at us with happiness. They all clapped the victors of the battle, and they are satisfied with our display of technique and power!

“Phew! That’s done!” Raynevere wiped the sweat from her face. She looked at me with a satisfied smile and a cute short chuckle.

Raynevere is certainly exhausted, but the nanomachines inside her body make her able to move freely even with her injuries. But just to make sure, I will have to heal her grazes and small burns first.

“Activate Skill Card: Heal!” I revealed the Command Card.

Green glitters showered upon Raynevere which instantly cured her wounds. Raynevere briefly looked at her body, and then smiled back at me and nodded, silently thanking me with her gesture.

Meanwhile…

“Mommy! I lost to that Treenity brat! Uwaaaah!” Esthesia is still crying like a toddler. Her face is now drenched with her tears, and there’s snot on her nose! Yuck!

“It seems that she has no intention to stop…” Raynevere sighed. She was about to approach the defeated Kaiser-slash-business rival when Firius the red-headed knight blocked us.

“Esthesia is completely fine, I assure you! She might be noisy and weep a kid a lot but she will calm down after a few hours.” Firius scratched his head with a smile on his face. “I think it’s better if you guys get going.”

“Really? Okay then, don’t mind if we do.” Raynevere said in a jolly tone. She’s not a little bit sorry, is she?

Raynevere grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away but then Firius called my name.

“Elzane, right?”

I looked back and saw him smiling. Unlike his childish Kaiser, this red-headed Gladiator seemed to be a little bit mature in taking his loss in the battle.

“Nice fight. I hope we get to fight each other again.” Firius smiled wide like a crescent moon as he stuck out his fist, offering for a fist bump.

“Yeah. Let’s fight again next time!” I greeted and bumped his fist as a form of rivalry and friendship.

I think there’s nothing wrong with communicating with Firius. He seemed to be a nice guy compared to his self-entitled and trash-talking Kaiser. I’m an introverted person to make friends with everyone, and he seemed to be a little extroverted, but I think we can get along fine.

“Let’s go,” Raynevere said. She made a brief curtsy at the defeated red knight, and then we made our exit.

It relieves me that she’s not rude to Firius. Her grudge is just against Esthesia anyway, so there’s no reason for them to fight.

As soon as we exited the arena and made it to the main lobby, Raynevere stopped and stretched her arms.

“Hooo! That battle made me hungry! Wanna grab a bite?” She said with a bright attractive smile. “There was this sweets shop I saw earlier near the park. Let’s check it out!”

“Y-Yeah.”

<>

The sweets shop she saw earlier is not that far from the KG Guild. It’s just a hundred meters walk and we only had to cross one pedestrian to the other side. By the time the afternoon sunlight turned orange, we already made it inside.

As it happens, the sweets shop is also selling pastries and coffee. We ordered sweet french vanilla for our drinks and a savory blueberry cheesecake and sat at a fancy table for two.

Come to think of it, this is the first time we killed time like this on our own accord. For the past few days, I thought that my meeting with Raynevere is like a natural obligation since we’re engaged and agreed to have a Kaiser-Gladiatrix contract, but this time it’s like we’re just taking a break and having a good time.

This feels like a genuine lover’s date.

“Yeah, this is a real date.” Raynevere smiled.

That’s when I realized I was narrating out loud.

4