CHAPTER 42 – CYBER DARK PANTHER
93 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 42 - CYBER DARK PANTHER

[Gladiatrix System Tips - Transformation Cards]

[Transformation Cards are unique Command Cards that are specific to one Gladiator or Gladiatrix that awakens the inner potential. Effects vary depending on the Gladiator or Gladiatrix stats, emotions, personality, and Gladiator Type. Transformation Cards cannot be bought from the online market, and these types of cards can only be obtained through certain conditions that are not known to anyone.]

<>

“Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Dark Panther!” Himeno’s Kaiser roared out loud as he raised the unique Command Card in the sky.

All of a sudden, dark clouds infested the once-clear blue skies. Lightning bolts echoed in the coliseum, and there was a pillar of light that shone upon Himeno Yuusha. The pillar of light was so bright that only her shadow can be seen.

Little by little, Himeno’s silhouette changed from human-like to something alien. Her cat ears became elongated, and a spine-like tail sprouted on her back. Razor-sharp claws also manifested on her feet.

When the pillar of light faded, Himeno Yuusha is something more than a Cyber Dark Panther: a humanoid woman with a tight black body suit with metal plates all over her body. There was also a dark purple visor that covered her whole face!

“W-What the hell is that!?” Firius muttered in disbelief.

“Transformation Card: Cyber Dark Panther,” Himeno answered with her cold cybernetic voice. She now seemed to be an android, as if the nanomachines has completely consumed her humanity.

“T-Transformation Card!?” Esthesia muttered with her eyes wide open in awe.

“Lower-class Kaisers and Gladiators like you will not be able to get the true power of the mystical nanomachines. The Transformation Card is only bestowed upon people who are worthy of its powers. Those people who unlocked this Command Card are on the same level as those Kaisers and Gladiatrices in Master Grade.” Himeno said.

Meanwhile, I was in awe of the beauty and pressure of Himeno Yuusha in her Cyber Dark Panther form. I have seen a few Transformation Cards, but only on the Livestream Battle Fiestas held for Master Grade and Perfect Grade. Himeno Yuusha is an Entry Grade applicant with the power of a Master Grade Gladiatrix.

“So, shall we continue?” Himeno asked as she went into a feral stance, with her clawed hands and feet all sticking on the ground. Her form is similar to those cats ready to pounce on their targets.

“You just transformed, nothing has changed! Come on, Esthesia! Let’s do this!” Firius pumped his fists in excitement. He readied his usual centered stance with a sword, ready to receive the enemy’s blow!

“R-Right! It’s all up to you, Firius!” Esthesia cried.

Even though Firius’s wounds have healed due to the Heal Command Card Esthesia activated earlier, he is still very much helpless. He can no longer rely on Esthesia who has activated three Command Cards, and now he will fight Himeno in her awakened form.

Everyone is sure that the Cyber Knight is just making a brave face. Maybe he is also thrilled to see a Gladiatrix that is Master Grade level, or maybe he’s excited to see what a Cyber Dark Panther can offer in terms of combat.

All of a sudden, Himeno pounced in a straight arc. With her left and right claws, she made an X-strike in the air that immediately unleashed a shockwave slash!

“Haaaa!” Firius went to his defensive position, ready to receive the attack! He immediately let his sword block the air slash!

But alas, it was too powerful for Firius to block! After three seconds of struggling, his sword went flying above his head!

“Gah!”

“It’s over.” Himeno Yuusha muttered.

It was all too late when Firius saw the Cyber Dark Panther right below him! With a swift slash from her claws, Himeno swiftly delivered the final blow to the Cyber Knight!

“Firius!” Esthesia cried.

For the last time, Firius the Cyber Knight fell to the ground. Without a Gladiator, the blonde Kaiser is wide open for a direct attack!

Himeno Yuusha pounced once again and swiftly slashed Esthesia’s chest with the back of her claws. Esthesia was thrown away from the arena due to the excessive force of the Cyber Dark Panther!

“Kyaaah!” The poor Kaiser’s cries echoed in the coliseum.

And then it was followed by a buzzer.

[Applicant 412 Win]

<>

Meanwhile, Raynevere and I are just at the edge of our seats. We have mixed emotions stirring in our chests. We just saw a one-sided but awesome fight, so we don’t know if we should feel excited or feel threatened. Surely we need to deal with Himeno Yuusha’s ability to transform one way or another.

“So this is the power of Miss Himeno,” Raynevere muttered. “I don’t want to be such a pessimist, but I don’t think we can take them on.”

1